We have the pieces.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I remember all the doom and gloom last year when we were 6-4. But unlike then I feel we have better pieces this year. Our defense is playing lights out and we have more depth than last year. Our special teams are light years ahead of last year. We have more weapons on offense this year.

Now the big question is our offensive line. From what I have seen and things the coaches have said it appears there biggest problem is communication. The Detroit game had many guys coming in unblocked which is not a physical issue. Yes they are new guys (very new). They are not done learning by far. IMHO this is a very fixable problem. Like Pete has said much comes with playing time and experience. It is not like these guys are not physically up to the challenge. Apparently Pete only likes freak athletes on his team.

I personally keep the faith with this team. Time and time again they have proven they can do it. Even if they loose this week (Although I have a feeling they are going to give Cinci a smack down) I will not go panic mode. They have the pieces.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2ubi3vbj said:
I remember all the doom and gloom last year when we were 6-4. But unlike then I feel we have better pieces this year. Our defense is playing lights out and we have more depth than last year. Our special teams are light years ahead of last year. We have more weapons on offense this year.

Now the big question is our offensive line. From what I have seen and things the coaches have said it appears there biggest problem is communication. The Detroit game had many guys coming in unblocked which is not a physical issue. Yes they are new guys (very new). They are not done learning by far. IMHO this is a very fixable problem. Like Pete has said much comes with playing time and experience. It is not like these guys are not physically up to the challenge. Apparently Pete only likes freak athletes on his team.

I personally keep the faith with this team. Time and time again they have proven they can do it. Even if they loose this week (Although I have a feeling they are going to give Cinci a smack down) I will not go panic mode. They have the pieces.

They have a roster that is top 3 in the league talent wise, as they have for the last few years.

Doesnt guarantee anything of course, but they will be just fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
All of Petes Coaches and all of Petes men are having a hell of a time building the O line again.................

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":21ssds4n said:
And Arbys say they have the meats, but do They?

Arbys has the meats like Olive Garden has the Italian.

Do we have the pieces?

Errr, idk man. I just.don't.know.....................yet. If Pete and Cable can work a miracle and get this O-line to just be average, then we have a shot. But sorry, I don't see us going very far with what a disaster this line is. Maybe squeak into the playoffs, but that's all I'm willing to give up right now. Cause this line is all time bad.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h8wop77 said:
Largent80":1h8wop77 said:

Do we have the pieces?

Errr, idk man. I just.don't.know.....................yet. If Pete and Cable can work a miracle and get this O-line to just be average, then we have a shot. But sorry, I don't see us going very far with what a disaster this line is. Maybe squeak into the playoffs, but that's all I'm willing to give up right now. Cause this line is all time bad.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -rankings/

2013....the year we won the Super Bowl in thrashing fashion, correct?

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I thought the 2013 line was the worst. We went on a stretch there where they couldn't block anybody. It was painful to watch. This unit is definitely in competition though.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":2q4xs8g4 said:
For what it's worth, I thought the 2013 line was the worst. We went on a stretch there where they couldn't block anybody. It was painful to watch. This unit is definitely in competition though.

And we were clearly the best team in the NFL that year.

Which is why I am confused by those who now predict an 8 win season or worse due to our o-line.

short memories perhaps.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1oi3uvlc said:
Sgt. Largent":1oi3uvlc said:
Largent80":1oi3uvlc said:

Do we have the pieces?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -rankings/

2013....the year we won the Super Bowl in thrashing fashion, correct?

I'd take that line in a heartbeat over this dumpster fire. Okung, Carp and Unger > Larry, Moe and Curly we have now.

Btw, PFF has our line #30 right now, and if they had a trend arrow after last weekend it'd be pointed straight down.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah we can win it all this year just like in 2013. We just need to get all our healthy starters back in time for the playoffs
so we have Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Giacomini, and Sweezy out there.

Wait...you say we DO have all our starters healthy this year? Oh my, perhaps just pointing to 2013 is a limited form of analysis.

justafan

Reaction score
You cant compare the rankings and know the story.I know Breno missed games,Okung missed quite a few and I would bet Carp and Unger missed a few as well..

So Gilliam,Britt and Nowak wouldnt win a jobas starters and may even have trouble making the team.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
justafan":3fzwzu0g said:
You cant compare the rankings and know the story.I know Breno missed games,Okung missed quite a few and I would bet Carp and Unger missed a few as well..

So Gilliam,Britt and Nowak wouldnt win a jobas starters and may even have trouble making the team.
That's the kicker. I'm talking about those stretches when guys were hurt. When healthy, the 2013 line was pretty solid, which it was later in the year and during the playoffs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":3hpfzcol said:
justafan":3hpfzcol said:

That's the kicker. I'm talking about those stretches when guys were hurt. When healthy, the 2013 line was pretty solid, which it was later in the year and during the playoffs.

2013 was a better line even with injuries. This years Oline is healthy so what's their excuse. Injuries use to be Okung's rationale to poor play ( at least on this site) so what's his issue now? Far as I'm concerned Okung is a near bust if not already. Really sucks too because he should be the leader of this Oline and he can't even take care of himself.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":26hqaezu said:
HuskerHawk":26hqaezu said:
justafan":26hqaezu said:

2013 was a better line even with injuries. This years Oline is healthy so what's their excuse. Injuries use to be Okung's rationale to poor play ( at least on this site) so what's his issue now? Far as I'm concerned Okung is a near bust if not already. Really sucks too because he should be the leader of this Oline and he can't even take care of himself.

Not health but rookies. There needs to be a lot of continuity and communication between players on the line. I would be Okung has taken a step back because the whole line is a miss right now. Okung will never be world beater but he is not garbage. They still need time to learn and gel. The kids are new at the position being played at a professional level. Give it a bit more time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":htd9ods7 said:

Great post. I too believe in our coaching staff to rectify the problems of our line. It's going to happen. It's not how you start, it's how you finish, right?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawkpower":wiw28cxw said:
HuskerHawk":wiw28cxw said:

Which is why I am confused by those who now predict an 8 win season or worse due to our o-line.

short memories perhaps.

Not short memories.
We had a center that became an all pro

A running back two years younger than he is now.

And Zach Miller, who does what jimmy graham is not doing, and that is block.

Exittium

Reaction score
seahawksny":3pvrr07r said:
Hawkpower":3pvrr07r said:
HuskerHawk":3pvrr07r said:

short memories perhaps.

Not short memories.
We had a center that became an all pro

A running back two years younger than he is now.

And Zach Miller, who does what jimmy graham is PICKING when to do, and that is block.
FIFY

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Winning and losing this game could make a difference between having to fight for a wildcard or the division. We already lost two games, we can't lose a lot more. If we lose this one we will have to go at least 8-3 from week 6 onward. 9-2 even of we want to be sure. That is going to be hard as hell.