"Jimmy bashing" from PFT

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Its almost comical how florio has a full scale assault on this team since we started winning
He is the author of 99% of the negative articles
What is his agenda?
I find myself getting very angry and just need to
avoid his site like I now avoid any thing pricksco hacks
I wish he was liable himself for it.
Must be total jealousy.

chris98251

Reaction score
gonzhawk":xa7winfr said:
Its almost comical how florio has a full scale assault on this team since we started winning
He is the author of 99% of the negative articles
What is his agenda?
I find myself getting very angry and just need to
avoid his site like I now avoid any thing pricksco hacks
I wish he was liable himself for it.
Must be total jealousy.

Well up until we were a contender and all he has something else to laugh at instead of the size of his manhood. Now when he looks all he gets is angry and blames the Seahawks.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Rocket":kn0jvrs9 said:
I looked, I didn't see. If I missed a thread, shame on me.

Thoughts? Jimmy's blocking is what "We will see" was about. I was skeptical, I continue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... continues/
I think it's safe to say, the Seahawks are not a national journalist favorite team!

We're hated by a large extent outside the PNW!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't know what he said in that article that isn't correct?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, Florio is just selling clicks over at his site. He frequently writes all sorts of rubbish. Accepting what he writes as 'news' is a huge mistake.

I frankly doubt the Seahawks players agree that Graham is not a good team mate. Once Pete convinces Bevell that Graham is capable of being open on most plays by reason of his height mismatch and Bevell actually makes some adjustments that work Graham will start producing big time for the Hawks if RW is allowed to target him.

I agree the PFT article was gratuitous Jimmy bashing.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3kfmru52 said:

I preface my comment from the perspective that I rarely read an article knowing who the author may be beforehand if possible. I don't want any preconceived notions or personal bias affecting my evaluation of the material before I have consumed it.

That being said, I have come to the realization that Florio is generally a Patriots blogger that occasionally writes uninspiring pieces about teams he deems to have a neutral relationship with, and mostly snarky articles about teams he has some animus towards. His reasons are his own and I say this having no idea who his personally professed team is or where he comes from etc...

Recently, he was basically falling on the sword upwards of three times a day screaming about the injustice of the Deflategate controversy and the railroading Brady was getting. Nevermind how one may feel about this particular contoversy, his pandering to one side of the story eliminated him from contention as an actual neutral journalist.

He is very subtle about it (I think his Lawyer-ey background shows through in this). Take for example his reporting of:

The batted ball controvery and this quote from him:

"Amazingly, the non-replacement officials missed the call, a little more than three years after replacement officials missed an offensive pass interference foul that allowed the Seahawks to steal a late win over the Packers on a Monday night".

He doesnt' talk about the judgement call of catch/interception.

He mentions that a clear foul (but still a judgement call), one that in most all previous discussions has been determined is never called in that situation (replacement officials or not) allowed us to "STEAL" (a very carefully selected word I assure you). This has no bearing on todays situation, but he needs to make it clear that the Seahawks repeatedly benefit from poor calls using action words like STEAL conjuring subtle imagery of some sort of malicious intent.

From today:

"Maybe he can rush the passer, too. Cover receivers. Kick extra points. If being a “teammate” in the eyes of Darren Woodson requires embracing everything about football, maybe Graham also should play some quarterback. (At least he’d be able to see over the team’s makeshift offensive line.)"

He was on a roll here with hyperbole but that wasn't enough, he had to use parenthesis to take a shot at Wilson who has absolutely zero bearing on Graham's ability to block?

TLDR... Blogger...not a reporter...not a Journalist. Go into it understanding that and it will irritate you less.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Reading Florio is like reading the National Enquirer. I don't.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jimmy must have pride right?

The team film sessions must be embarrassing

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Florio represents the worst of what is considered journalism these days in large part because he reports only on items that support his preconceived notions and ignores the rest. He harped on the "Fail Mary" for months, crusaded against the Redskins' team name for over a year, printed every negative rumor about the Wilson contract negotiations he could find and, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, defended the Patriots from "Deflategate" every chance he had. And he certainly seems to have a negative opinion of the Seahawks based on the observation that seemingly every post he puts up about them has a negative spin. I cannot stand the man and avoid his work whenever possible.

In this case he took a couple of reports from national pundits like Dilfer and piled on without contributing any additional information or insight because it supports his preconceived notions and because talking about a supposed rift in Seattle's locker room generates page clicks. For a fairer look at Graham's blocking, check out this article from Field Gulls:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... d-blocking

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Florio doesn't have sources, he just writes crap to get clicks. He exaggerates and sensationalizes everything and it's worked out well for him. PFT is a tabloid, nothing more

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Great piece. Seattle truly may be where big name pass catchers come to die. I am very disappointed that yet again Bevell and the offensive staff cannot seem to figure out how to utilize an incredible offensive weapon. His blocking needs to improve, but that should not be the focus, as the article points out. He's not a blocking TE. Why trade for him if you don't want to have him play to his amazing strengths?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9v9uzmqg said:

It's more the fact that he seems to go out of his way to write these kinds of stories.

He writes an article about Jimmy Graham's poor blocking on Sunday. That's fine, I didn't have a problem with it. But then yesterday he writes a follow-up article about it because someone else made one comment about Jimmy Graham's blocking.

Does it really warrant a whole new article rehashing the same thing?

It's just his way to bash Graham, and specifically, the Hawks. He takes every opportunity he can find.

Cartire

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3tfs18zw said:
Meh, Florio is just selling clicks over at his site. He frequently writes all sorts of rubbish. Accepting what he writes as 'news' is a huge mistake.

I frankly doubt the Seahawks players agree that Graham is not a good team mate. Once Pete convinces Bevell that Graham is capable of being open on most plays by reason of his height mismatch and Bevell actually makes some adjustments that work Graham will start producing big time for the Hawks if RW is allowed to target him.

I agree the PFT article was gratuitous Jimmy bashing.

Really? Thats how bad the Bevell hate has gotten? Wilson is purposely told to not throw Graham the ball? Newsflash, Graham has run a ton of routes. Russells not throwing the ball. Hes to overly concerned with turnovers and hasnt figured it out yet. Bevell is not the reason Graham doesnt have more catches.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":osb4s71v said:
Great piece. Seattle truly may be where big name pass catchers come to die. I am very disappointed that yet again Bevell and the offensive staff cannot seem to figure out how to utilize an incredible offensive weapon. His blocking needs to improve, but that should not be the focus, as the article points out. He's not a blocking TE. Why trade for him if you don't want to have him play to his amazing strengths?

and yet as fieldgulls pointed out linked above.

More importantly, right now, one-fourth of the way through, Graham's pace for the year would put him at:

72 catches, 696 yards, 8 TD

Keep in mind that the Seahawks' leading receiver last year was Doug Baldwin, who posted a line of:

66 catches, 825 yards, 3 TD

justafan

Reaction score
I rarely go to pft or read the guys stuff so i wont say anything on that.But the men who played the game are all saying the same thing about Jimmy.

We loved it when Bennett and Irvin called him out because everyone hated the guy here.We even laughed it up when the clip of him practically running the wrong way to avoid Kam was posted here.

Everyone wants to blame Bevel for not getting him the ball.Hopefully we will run the ball 20 to 30 times and throw about the same so out of 60 plays I am sure he was the primary at least 10 times,but thats just a guess.
Either way he will have to put out the effort on the other 30 or 40 where he isnt the primary target and if they ask him to block he better give his all or the palyers will be in his face I am sure.

Most fans would trade Bevel for Payton in a heartbeat.I agree he is better OC than Bevel.But I believe Brees and offensive staff made Jimmy a star.They "knew how to use him" and Brees is one of the best of his time.

But Payton was the guy that traded Jimmy because he thought they could become a more competitive team down the road without him.He chose OL and building a D over Jimmy.

IMO we picked him up to be a piece of the puzzle not the whole offense.But he needs to play his role and blocking is part of it regardless where he lines up.

Cartire

Reaction score
justafan":2f7oy8fl said:
I rarely go to pft or read the guys stuff so i wont say anything on that.But the men who played the game are all saying the same thing about Jimmy.

We loved it when Bennett and Irvin called him out because everyone hated the guy here.We even laughed it up when the clip of him practically running the wrong way to avoid Kam was posted here.

Everyone wants to blame Bevel for not getting him the ball.Hopefully we will run the ball 20 to 30 times and throw about the same so out of 60 plays I am sure he was the primary at least 10 times,but thats just a guess.
Either way he will have to put out the effort on the other 30 or 40 where he isnt the primary target and if they ask him to block he better give his all or the palyers will be in his face I am sure.

Most fans would trade Bevel for Payton in a heartbeat.I agree he is better OC than Bevel.But I believe Brees and offensive staff made Jimmy a star.They "knew how to use him" and Brees is one of the best of his time.

But Payton was the guy that traded Jimmy because he thought they could become a more competitive team down the road without him.He chose OL and building a D over Jimmy.

IMO we picked him up to be a piece of the puzzle not the whole offense.But he needs to play his role and blocking is part of it regardless where he lines up.

To be fair, they dumped Jimmy because of their screwed up cap situation. They couldnt afford to pay a TE the money they were.

justafan

Reaction score
Every team has the same cap restraints.They actually ate 9 mil dead money to trade him.Plus had to pay Unger and the extra 1st round pick they got.
Either way we look at it they still made a choice to spend 8-10 mil on Jimmy or choose other priorities.One of the better offensive minds in football chose a different path.

mrt144

Reaction score
Cartire":fh7gsuov said:
justafan":fh7gsuov said:

To be fair, they dumped Jimmy because of their screwed up cap situation. They couldnt afford to pay a TE the money they were.

Especially with Brees getting old and retiring soon. They are rebuilding at this point.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Florio is bashing the analysts saying that Jimmy Graham isn't a good teammate because the team is asking him to be what he isn't - a blocking TE.

How is this different than what any of us have been saying from day 1?