RB Situation for Sunday?

nategreat

Reaction score
Looks like Fred Jackson is likely out this week w/ a high ankle sprain.... and we know the deal with Marshawn. That leaves Rawls and..... who exactly?

stack55

Reaction score
I don't have any inside information, but I am assuming Pete
Knows something we don't.
Marshawn may be on the mend and be ready to go Sunday.
With no back up I would think they would be shopping for a backup.

ringless

Reaction score
I would say it would be Lynch and Rawls otherwise you'd think there would have been a promotion from your practice squad.

Lynch was Limited in practice. Initial reports were he could play this past Monday but Pete gave him more rest.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coleman will be the backup RB to Rawls if Lynch can't go.

Pete said Jackson was recovering quickly on Wednesday.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2d08jbe2 said:
Coleman will be the backup RB to Rawls if Lynch can't go.

Pete said Jackson was recovering quickly on Wednesday.
High ankle sprains are usually four week affairs. We won't be seeing him for awhile.

On another note..... BJ DANIELS! The man without a position.

massari

Reaction score
Can't they just sign RB Rod Smith while Jackson is out, then return him to the parctice squad when Jackson returns?

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":2yt5wcld said:
Can't they just sign RB Rod Smith while Jackson is out, then return him to the parctice squad when Jackson returns?

You would need to cut a player on the 53 in order to sign Smith to the active roster. To get him back to the PS you would need to waive him and hope no one signs him.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Lynch was upgraded from DNP to LP yesterday. That sounds promising, maybe?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2vlvnis3 said:
massari":2vlvnis3 said:

You would need to cut a player on the 53 in order to sign Smith to the active roster. To get him back to the PS you would need to waive him and hope no one signs him.

I don't think the waiving him part is an issue as anyone could sign him to their roster from the practice squad today if they wanted to really screw with us. It would be a better move than waiting for us to waive him later and hope he makes it through the wire to whichever team it is that wanted him.

With that said, I think they really don't want to have to cut anyone from the roster unless they have to, so they may go with Coleman as backup. If they do decide to bring up Smith, there's no rush to do so, as he is practicing with the team either way. It will likely be a late week decision either way, dependent upon Lynch's ability to play.

RCATES

Reaction score
If Seattle doesn't announce a roster move by mid day Saturday Lynch will be playing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":9oxtrbzv said:
Basis4day":9oxtrbzv said:
massari":9oxtrbzv said:

I don't think the waiving him part is an issue as anyone could sign him to their roster from the practice squad today if they wanted to really screw with us. It would be a better move than waiting for us to waive him later and hope he makes it through the wire to whichever team it is that wanted him.

With that said, I think they really don't want to have to cut anyone from the roster unless they have to, so they may go with Coleman as backup. If they do decide to bring up Smith, there's no rush to do so, as he is practicing with the team either way. It will likely be a late week decision either way, dependent upon Lynch's ability to play.

Oh i get that. I was merely pointing it out as we can't just return him to PS automatically.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
One of the nice things about them keeping two fullbacks is they don't really have to do anything in this situation. Coleman could serve as back-up RB and Tukuafu gets more snaps at FB and less at DT. It sounds like Marshawn might be ready to go though, and there are different severity ankle sprains so who knows how fast Jackson will recover.

ringless

Reaction score
So Lynch has been ruled out

@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
Seahawks announced RB Marshawn Lynch is out Sunday. Again.

@DavisHsuSeattle 9m9 minutes ago
so basically- 7 Inactives likely Lynch, Sokoli/ Burley, Simon, Smith, KPL, Dobbs

Does this mean that Fred Jackson is playing? Rawls to start Fred in on 3rd?

@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
Jackson got rolled up on Monday in what appeared to be a serious injury but has told teammates he has every intention of facing Cincy

NM appears Jackson will be active