Seahawks down 3 CB's for Sunday

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tharold Simon and Marcus Burley have already been ruled out.. Tye Smith is doubtful.

I understand the concern about Lynch's injury.. but with the way Dalton is throwing the ball, this could be of much greater concern.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Yikes. Not good. Hope everyone else stays injury free.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Deshawn Shead will step up...he's played well as the S/CB hybrid. I love his speed, change of direction and his length. He's also pretty strong, and a good tackler.

Geez, sounds like I'm in love with him. Anyone got his number?

drdiags

Reaction score
Bunch of folks about to get cut or put on IR. Simon is one they may have to just bite the bullet on.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1xflkxr3 said:
Deshawn Shead will step up...he's played well as the S/CB hybrid. I love his speed, change of direction and his length. He's also pretty strong, and a good tackler.

It does sound like you're rather fond of him...lol :D
But yeah, you're right. He's definitely been good.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RockinHawks":3b9jpugr said:

I like Shead, I don't like having Steven Terrell as the only other back up.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Didn't we have like 10 CBs in training camp? Wasn't there a Sesay, Blackmon, ... etc and a few other guys?
Are they offloading trucks at Walmart? Let's just give them a call ... we might see them on National TV on Sunday !!!

RussB

Reaction score
Marcus burley was very good. Hope he gets back soon. But shead should play well for now

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":m88nnxj7 said:
Didn't we have like 10 CBs in training camp? Wasn't there a Sesay, Blackmon, ... etc and a few other guys?
Are they offloading trucks at Walmart? Let's just give them a call ... we might see them on National TV on Sunday !!!

Lets see

Marcus Burley Hurt-Out
Tharold Simon Hurt-Out
Tye Smith Hurt

Richard Sherman Healthy
Cary Williams Healthy
Deshawn Shead Healthy (Combo CB/Safety)

George Farmer Practice Squad
Kevin Short Practice Squad

Jeremy Lane IR designated for return
Mohammed Seisay IR for the year

Will Blackmon Active roster for the Redskins I believe
Triston Wade waived with injury settlement
Douglas McNeil III Free Agent
Keelan Johnson Free Agent

All but 4 are still with the Hawks to some degree

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":166m42tr said:
Bunch of folks about to get cut or put on IR. Simon is one they may have to just bite the bullet on.

I'd agree. At this point he's just a waste of a roster spot, but our CB depth is actually getting pretty thin. I honestly don't think Lane makes it back this year. We almost have to take a gamble that Simon can make it back and contribute in some way this year.

Seafan

Reaction score
BJ Daniels plays CB in practice. If the team hasn't added anybody else this week I would think they'll go with those 4 at CB. It would be interesting to know if Farmer and Short traveled with the team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawks46":ezq6xbd2 said:
drdiags":ezq6xbd2 said:

I'd agree. At this point he's just a waste of a roster spot, but our CB depth is actually getting pretty thin. I honestly don't think Lane makes it back this year. We almost have to take a gamble that Simon can make it back and contribute in some way this year.

When Simon gets healthy, he might turn out to be better than Sherman.

I don't get the NEED for instant gratification of these young guys. Sherman and Chancellor took two years to get going, why not give the new guys two years before calling for the Seahawks to cut them?

If they have to cut someone, there is a useless backup QB and a receiver or two whose production can be improved upon by several guys currently behind them on the depth chart that they can choose from.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":fipqdwx1 said:
When Simon gets healthy

At this point that sounds like saying "when I win the lottery, I'm going to buy this and this.."

leto69

Reaction score
If that's our biggest worry for Sunday, then we would be in great shape to win the game!! Those are all backups that you mention. The secondary depth is still in far better shape than our O-Line, RB and quite possibly our receivers.

Latest posts