Giving away a 17 point lead is unforgivable.

w00t

Reaction score
Yeah Wilson and Bevell.

Defense was gassed because of that BS.

stang233

Reaction score
This is all on the offense. More specifically Bevell. Up by 17 and stop callin plays giving the them great starting field position.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure we can blame Bevell. It's 3rd and short, Rawls is balling and you have a clock to burn, what do you do? Pass, of course! And not even a disguised pass, empty backfield! Bevell has shit for brains, there's no way to spin it in his favor. The o-line was rolling, he was playing with a lead, Rawls was over 150, and he still found a way to lose. He's out of excuses.

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The defense is equally to blame for this. Giving up 17 4th quarter points as an "elite" defense is unacceptable

MrThortan

Reaction score
Both Kam and Williams played substandard. Bevell was Bevell. Russel seemed indecisive.

nanomoz

Reaction score
What an epic shitting of the bed. The offense mailed it in with the 17 point lead. The Hawks deserve this after tongue dragging after the Wagner FR.

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Russ can't put it together for a whole game, the line can't for a series, Bevell made the most headscratchers I can remember, Kam sucked and Cary wasn't much better. All ultimately cost us dearly.

Optimus25

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":4t30c2bi said:
No, I'm pretty sure we can blame Bevell. It's 3rd and short, Rawls is balling and you have a clock to burn, what do you do? Pass, of course! And not even a disguised pass, empty backfield! Bevell has shit for brains, there's no way to spin it in his favor. The o-line was rolling, he was playing with a lead, Rawls was over 150, and he still found a way to lose. He's out of excuses.

the sad thing is this post can't be bumped enough. and also, there are still bevell defenders. just blows my freaking mind.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
we need to make some changes on offense. The expected play calling is got to stop. If I can determine the play before it is called and I am sitting in the couch.....the other teams defense must just lick their chops when we come out with an empty back field or 3rd and long.
yes, we have been to two Super Bowls......that is in the past. Teams have studied us and have figured out how to stop us. Something must change

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Just an absolutely despicable display today by everyone. Up by 17 and you give it up? UNREAL!

nanomoz

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":a64dw5u8 said:

Yes. My wife, my effing wife, said about the same thing when the ball was snapped on the third down. This is the play I came back to. And I had a feeling I'd do so when it happened. Bevell is an asshole. He'd rather be cute than win football games. We've seen it over and over again. Fkrirnvurksoqoqo!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This one pissed me off more than the other 2 losses by far. just because you have the lead doesn't mean you switch to 3 and out as your offensive gameplan. I called it to my wife. I said here is where bevell will begin handing it off and running it into as many defensive players as possible to make sure we have no chance. Whatever. Easy games coming up, we will make the playoffs, but they will go through green bay and we will not make the bowl this year unless someone gets pissed off enough to knock bevell's jaw loose.

In years past our grit, drive, athleticism and luck won us the close ones, despite our offensive playcalling trying to lose it. Not happening that way this time. The thing that pisses me off the most is we have another superbowl team this year, but wont make it because we keep beating ourselves. Sickening.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Been years since I was this pissed in the moments after a game. What utter incompetence. The whole team and staff just made Andy Dalton look like Joe Montana. Ponder that for a moment.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
We saw some improvement where we needed to, but just didn't sustain 60 minutes of great football.

It all has to start somewhere, though, and to me if we get just one more 1st down in the last 5 drives of regulation, we good. We win.

Our defense is beatable when the team we are playing has players. Dalton, Eifert, Green, Gio, Jones….these guys are great players when you have the OLine that they do. And we held them pretty good for a while- maybe they adjusted better than we did. Tape might tell.

Our offense, besides the Rawls run, was still just mediocre. 10 points aside form that run. We can't- and won't- beat teams with 17 points from our offense. That's a .500 team, even with this defense.

If our MO is ball control, punishing offense, then we just didn't execute down the stretch and got beat because of it.

If our MO is a smothering, demoralizing defense, then we just didn't implement that down the stretch and got beat because of it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I do not know how Pete Carroll can continue to defend Bevell?!?!

His terrible clock management and play calls have cost crucial games!!

17 point lead?!? F*****ing kidding me!

You deserve to lose for your stupidity!!

I've had it!!!

17 point lead?!?!

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
nanomoz":2lz050dc said:
Been years since I was this pissed in the moments after a game. What utter incompetence. The whole team and staff just made Andy Dalton look like Joe Montana. Ponder that for a moment.

Andy Dalton threw pills all day, not very many bad throws. He's heady, but when his head is in it, he's a beast.

Cartire

Reaction score
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115174

Please read.

Most here agreed with this at the time. We took this game into OT. WE DID DIVE UP 17 IN THE 4th. Im not saying thats forgivable. But according to the majority here, weren't we SUPPOSE to lose this game? I'll take 'down-to-the-wire finish' for that.

We are suppose to be 2-3 right now. Or at least, a lot of us accepted that early. Im still excited about the potential here. We did go 3-3 last year.