First Possession Of OT - No Rawls

timmat

Reaction score
I wonder why? I thought maybe he was hurt, but he was in on the second possession. Not exactly the right time to give a guy a blow.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They were in no huddle. Can't sub personnel, and Jackson plays 3rd down so you have to keep him in for the other downs.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Its not like he was being super effective... he was clearly tired by the end of the game..Id guess nearly all of his last 6 carries or so were for 2 yards or less...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Post game Pete said they decided to stick with their hurry up offense for overtime, which is why Jackson was in there instead of Rawls.

HawkerD

Reaction score
SeatownJay":11ecrbrp said:
Post game Pete said they decided to stick with their hurry up offense for overtime, which is why Jackson was in there instead of Rawls.
Should have stuck with it in 4th qtr

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bevell trying to mind f%%^ the Bengals!! Boy whatta coach! How has no one made this guy a head coach yet??

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3klxibtv said:
Bevell trying to mind f%%^ the Bengals!! Boy whatta coach! How has no one made this guy a head coach yet??
Hue Jackson??? If you're talking about Hue Jackson he was the head coach for the Raiders for a short stint.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
So Pete's explanation was that they stuck with the hurry up AFTER they went to OT? When the clock was at 15:00 and they had two timeouts and they should have put their best players forward?

Maybe Pete deserves more of this Bevell hate than I thought.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Fred looked terrible. He couldn't plant and cut at all. He never should have been in there.

Tokadub

Reaction score
WmHBonney":37si2lja said:
Fred looked terrible. He couldn't plant and cut at all. He never should have been in there.

And yet Fred in the receiving game went 3/3 for 29 yards, more effective than Jimmy Graham 3/5 for 30 yards (one of his targets being the interception).

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6wwsnfgs said:

The Cardinals came close, then they took the barrel out of their mouths.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1k19i87f said:
They were in no huddle. Can't sub personnel, and Jackson plays 3rd down so you have to keep him in for the other downs.
Is he that important on third down?

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Wasn't the hurry up earlier in the game when Wilson threw an interception into double coverage? Dumb decision for OT. The game is new. Go with what got you there. Another case of our offense being cute instead of efficient.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Both Carroll and Bevell deserve a goat award for replacing a red-hot Rawls at the end of the game with an ineffective Jackson.

Another example of over-thinking things...YET again!!!

"Let's see...we have a guy with 160 yards and a TD chewing through Cincy. Conventional wisdom says we stick with him...But Cincy will expect that! So we're going to trick them by plugging in an injured and ineffective Fred Jackson!"

The biggest problem facing this team is HUBRIS by the coaching staff!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":35w54gyo said:
Both Carroll and Bevell deserve a goat award for replacing a red-hot Rawls at the end of the game with an ineffective Jackson.

Another example of over-thinking things...YET again!!!

"Let's see...we have a guy with 160 yards and a TD chewing through Cincy. Conventional wisdom says we stick with him...But Cincy will expect that! So we're going to trick them by plugging in an injured and ineffective Fred Jackson!"

The biggest problem facing this team is HUBRIS by the coaching staff!!

It's irksome. I get those who don't want to persecute Pete and Bevell over it, I do. You're probably the "right" person here.

But there's a pattern here of not going with the best guy in the biggest situations. Jackson has a high ankle sprain. Rawls was busting big gainers. Going away from him seems stupid to me, unless he was hurt or totally out of gas--which is possible.