So many positives

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Tough , Tough loss .
Oh and btw did I say it was a tough loss
After almost 40 years of watchin my hawks I can safely say they have been THE most cardiac / incredible / fun to watch team in the league and heck , pete even made the off season fun to keep up with
Even after a very tough loss which , yeah we shoulda won I want to remind everyone that we seem to have also had a whole bunch of positives come from this game
We are not gonna win the SB every year and if we did it'd almost be boring , yeah lets face it, I'm an adrenaline junky and the hawks are my fix
I saw a running game emerge and at least in the first half a oline that actually seemed to open up running lanes , # can't wait for lynch
What positives did you see and please no negativity as that will be in virtually every other post in every other thread, maker my words
Go Hawks

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Positives? I picked the Bengals in my work pool this week, so I guess I have that going for me. Losing this game the way we did was more heartbreaking than if we would have won and I would have got my pick wrong though.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mbtitleist":3ilffbmg said:
Positives? I picked the Bengals in my work pool this week, so I guess I have that going for me. Losing this game the way we did was more heartbreaking than if we would have won and I would have got my pick wrong though.

Why would you pick your team to lose?

OP
OP
hawxfreak

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Back in the days we used to suck it was never too early and now that we are a winning team it seems its always too early
I've realized I'm a hawks fan win or lose so it's never too early

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm just a fan, so I'm going to focus on the negatives. It won't make any difference.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":nuhcptfd said:
mbtitleist":nuhcptfd said:

Why would you pick your team to lose?

Because they were on the road at 10am against a good team on a short week. Trust me, I absolutely wanted them to win. I just thought that the Bengals had the edge. Plus, living in Washington almost everybody picks the Seahawks every week so when you choose their opponent (like I did last year against KC, and this year against GB and Cincy), it can help.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I rarely post on here. But this one got me. You picked AGAINST your team!? Come on man!!!!!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
OLYhawks":1mxjszry said:
I rarely post on here. But this one got me. You picked AGAINST your team!? Come on man!!!!!

Root with your heart, bet with your head. No flag here.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Which is why I don't bet I suppose because my heart and mind are intertwined. I whole heartedly feel that one should never, EVER, bet against their team.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I thought we made a good early game adjustment by moving Sherm to shadow AJ Green.

I thought we run blocked pretty well on a few types of plays designed for Rawls' cut-back abilities. Rawls is great.

We called one great play to Graham on the seam, which I really thought would be our most run play going into this season. Not sure if it's a positive that we saw it, or a negative that we only saw it once.

Hmmm….

72 played well outside of that idiotic penalty. Excuse me, those idiotic penalties.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
OLYhawks":2e9smfun said:
Which is why I don't bet I suppose because my heart and mind are intertwined. I whole heartedly feel that one should never, EVER, bet against their team.

You're the fan to beat all fans, man.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":mdok67vu said:
OLYhawks":mdok67vu said:

Then why bet? You end with a negative no matter what

mbtitleist

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2granfvx said:
WindCityHawk":2granfvx said:
OLYhawks":2granfvx said:

Then why bet? You end with a negative no matter what

That's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that you end with a positive no matter what. And since we're in the thread of positive things that's how I'll look at it. If the Seahawks had won, my team is 3-2 and has won 3 straight games. If they lose, I will improve my chances at winning my work pool. Win/Win.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Glad to see a fairly positive post. Thanks.

I thought that the run blocking looked much improved. Rawls showed more patience to the play side and was able to exploit CIN's defense when they over pursued and gave him the cutback.

Wilson was something like 11/13 in the first half if I remember correclty for 170ish and a TD. That's what we call a good start (something that people have been clamoring for).

Kearse had some nice catches.
Russ killed them on a blitz when he hit Baldwin over the top for a big gain.
Wilson and Lockett connected on that long pass up the sideline but if I remember correctly, Russ was pressured and threw off-balance so the ball took a while to get there.

Actually looking forward to watching the all 22 on this one because I think we'll see improvement in some areas.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It was a game against a very strong team at 10 am on the road on a ahort week. We were he underdogs here by far. Alright we lost and that sucks but I did enjoy watching the game even though we lost. As long as we beat the Panthers next week we still have all the chances in the world to make the play offs.