All On Bevell's Head, PC Has No Input

chet380

Reaction score
You're 17 pts. up in the 4th Quarter -- does anyone think that the Head Coach doesn't give the OC instructions?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The job of the OC is to keep the offense converting first downs and to score TDs.

If you are not doing that, then the OC is not doing his job.

The rest is semantics, yes Pete is his boss. NO Pete should not have to do his job for him. No I do not think Pete pulls him over and says "I want you to really screw up this 3rd and 2 like you did the last 4 short yardage situations...can you call a slow developing pass play that is low percentage here?"

slargent4ever

Reaction score
I'm sure Pete said to start up the 3 and out plan the entire second half since they were up by so much. And then opted to keep running it to perfecting in OT.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2jcug36v said:
The job of the OC is to keep the offense converting first downs and to score TDs.

The rest is semantics, yes Pete is his boss. NO Pete should not have to do his job for him. No I do not think Pete pulls him over and says "I want you to really screw up this 3rd and 2 like you did the last 4 short yardage situations...can you call a slow developing pass play that is low percentage here?"
PC to Bevell -- "we're up by 17; let's not do anything crazy or take chances; let's grind it out for the win"

Does anyone doubt this?

summesm

Reaction score
chet380":1o1znka6 said:
TwistedHusky":1o1znka6 said:

PC to Bevell -- "we're up by 17; let's not do anything crazy or take chances; let's grind it out for the win"

Does anyone doubt this?
No I don't doubt this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chet380":323x0ysj said:
TwistedHusky":323x0ysj said:

Does anyone doubt this?
Pete lets his coaches coach, and rarely intervenes. His biggest strength is his loyalty to his coaching staff, which is also his biggest weakness.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ie5h1ep said:
chet380":1ie5h1ep said:
TwistedHusky":1ie5h1ep said:

Does anyone doubt this?
Pete lets his coaches coach, and rarely intervenes. His biggest strength is his loyalty to his coaching staff, which is also his biggest weakness.

Yup.

You won't see Bevell go anywhere. Not unless Pete gets canned. Dude is loyal and stubborn to a fault.

I'm not 100% on the fire Bevell train. Although I don't think he's any good. Simple fact is this o line is a fatal flaw. Not sure too many OC's who could overcome it. Bevell isn't good, sure. But who cares as long as you have an o line made up of guys who couldn't make half the NFL team's roster.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":82y5w1sh said:
chet380":82y5w1sh said:
TwistedHusky":82y5w1sh said:

Does anyone doubt this?

:13:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Last 6 possessions, this is so Bevell

PUNT
5 PLAYS, 11 YARDS, 3:20

PUNT
3 PLAYS, 6 YARDS, 1:19

PUNT
5 PLAYS, 18 YARDS, 2:51

PUNT
3 PLAYS, 6 YARDS, 1:21

PUNT
6 PLAYS, 18 YARDS, 3:30

PUNT
3 PLAYS, -6 YARDS, 2:01

QtFZ0PR

Time for a change PC

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2dbo8wu0 said:
I'm not 100% on the fire Bevell train. Although I don't think he's any good. Simple fact is this o line is a fatal flaw. Not sure too many OC's who could overcome it. Bevell isn't good, sure. But who cares as long as you have an o line made up of guys who couldn't make half the NFL team's roster.

I don't know if we can blame the O-line after today. They gave Wilson more time than they have all season and a rookie RB went over 150 running behind them.

Look, when you have to burn some clock in the final minutes, and you opt to broadcast a pass and throw, to the sideline no less. Even if it had been complete it would have stopped the clock. Why? There's just no excuse, our OC is pissing away a talented roster with terrible management. And these kinds of stupid decisions happen Every. Single. Week.

Should have been canned after the SB.

Rocket

Reaction score
Has anyone ever called Darrell Bubble crafty?
Were they stoned at the time?
BEVELL MUST GO ! Mama Lynch

Rocket

Reaction score
When Darrell Bubble takes his family out for ice cream, he always gets vanilla. No cone, just a pretty but tasteless waxed cup.
Darrell "Vanilla" Bubble. Variety scares the poop out of him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob over at Seahawksdraftblog did a great job breaking down the situation. Worth checking out for sure. It wasn't all bevell by he had some terrible calls today. The line was much better but bad at critical moments too. Dungy said they switched to man coverage and we didn't adjust.

Threedee

Reaction score
Bevell would have sucked with the 2005 O Line. He would have been masterful with the 1992 squad, because that's the only Seahawks offense ever suited to Bevell's style of stalling and not scoring.