Everyone has gotten paid

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
It doesn't matter any more. We rewarded guys for what they've done instead of looking who is going to be hungry to do what we need in the future (the Patriot Way). When you've got guys like Russ, Sherman, Waggs, making the money they do, losing isn't as bad as it is when you're a 5th round pick wondering if you'll be activated next week.

I'm sorry but it's just human nature. If I dumped 10 million in your checking account tomorrow, you'd look at life 180 degrees different than you do right now. We paid way too many people, and the time has come to start bringing in folks who are hungry. I think Rawls is a great start.

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ae6so3t said:
Oh man, you just made Cyrus12's day.

Joke all you want, but if you were flying home to a $7 million dollar home on Lake Washington, with a hot girl friend and fat bank account, you wouldn't give a flip about the Bengals.

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2jvf1rkx said:
There is something valid about this statement, except the team still needs more offensive weapons to help the defense.

Really? Does Aaron Rodgers need more offensive weapons? You know, the guy Russ thought he should make more than?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
The statement probably isn't far from the truth. You would hope it wouldn't be, but you're exactly right, if tomorrow I had $10 million, I'd quit my job the next day.

Is it so hard to imagine that NFL players that risk their bodies way more than the average person feels the same way?

I love sports, would love to be a professional athlete. But at the same time it probably loses a lot of his luster for a lot of guys when it becomes a JOB.

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1ube1jck said:
The statement probably isn't far from the truth. You would hope it wouldn't be, but you're exactly right, if tomorrow I had $10 million, I'd quit my job the next day.

Is it so hard to imagine that NFL players that risk their bodies way more than the average person feels the same way?

I love sports, would love to be a professional athlete. But at the same time it probably loses a lot of his luster for a lot of guys when it becomes a JOB.

Of course it does. I know I would get tired of some white guy that never played a down in the NFL, that makes much less than I do, trying to tell me what to do. Think about it: What other profession in America allows management to make far less than the subordinates?

You think Michael Bennett or Kam Chancellor gives a rip with Richard or their position coaches tell them? Of course not. It's just a job now. It's just going through the motions. It's the reason Kam came back and didn't stick to principle, he needed to get a pay check. That's all it is.

Chawker

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1f0wunva said:
It doesn't matter any more. We rewarded guys for what they've done instead of looking who is going to be hungry to do what we need in the future (the Patriot Way). When you've got guys like Russ, Sherman, Waggs, making the money they do, losing isn't as bad as it is when you're a 5th round pick wondering if you'll be activated next week.

I'm sorry but it's just human nature. If I dumped 10 million in your checking account tomorrow, you'd look at life 180 degrees different than you do right now. We paid way too many people, and the time has come to start bringing in folks who are hungry. I think Rawls is a great start.

B-I-N-G-O

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Chawker":xzu99mnb said:
WilliamCooper":xzu99mnb said:

B-I-N-G-O

I am watching the Pats now, and the only name besides Brady, Gronk, Edelman, and Butler ( :pukeface: ) that I notice is the head coach. And most of the guys you see playing well be gone in a few years. Or, if they make a mistake, they could be gone tomorrow morning. Just saying.