Watching the Bengals OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
They needed a first down to keep their drive alive and their OC sends four wide outs bunched to the right leaving Green isolated one on one against Sherman. End result? First down Bengals. I remember thinking to myself, man that was crafty. Had that of been Bevell calling the play, he would have called for a draw up the middle, or some similar vanilla play.

Exittium

Reaction score
he would have called some sort of run... lol

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hue Jackson is one of the best OC's in football. He's going to be a HC again next year.

What I wouldn't give for a play-caller like that.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2bj78yc5 said:
They needed a first down to keep their drive alive and their OC sends four wide outs bunched to the right leaving Green isolated one on one against Sherman. End result? First down Bengals. I remember thinking to myself, man that was crafty. Had that of been Bevell calling the play, he would have called for a draw up the middle, or some similar vanilla play.
That was pretty crafty. I just wish WE could be a little more creative on offense...!

Vantucky Hawk

Reaction score
While watching the game Troy Aikman pointed out the two receivers bunched close to each sideline and said the Seahawks have run out of this formation every time. I'm glad the Bengals defense doesn't watch game tape. Oh wait.........

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Vantucky Hawk":12pjb58b said:
While watching the game Troy Aikman pointed out the two receivers bunched close to each sideline and said the Seahawks have run out of this formation every time. I'm glad the Bengals defense doesn't watch game tape. Oh wait.........
Exactly. No creativity whatsoever. Same old predictable vanilla BS ...!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vantucky Hawk":1uuxbunb said:

It's been that way since 2014. They've thrown out of that formation once.

Another tell is every time Chris Matthews is in the game, its a run.

Vantucky Hawk

Reaction score
I think what makes it so frustrating is that I know they are capable of so much more. Yes the O-line in a huge weakness but this game reminded me of the Holmgren years, taking the foot off the pedal and letting the engine stall. Those mid 2000s teams had a lot of firepower and you could kind of just see the fire die late in some games with the run (Alexander fetal slide), run (Alexander fetal slide), Mack Strong dive on 3rd and long, punt over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.