Cowboy stadium, anyone been there for a game?

bingotown

Reaction score
We are going for the hawks game. Bought the party pass tickets. Know we are gonna be standing quite a bit. Anyone have any suggestions for 3 hawk fans going to big D?

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
bingotown":rjxhzwjv said:
We are going for the hawks game. Bought the party pass tickets. Know we are gonna be standing quite a bit. Anyone have any suggestions for 3 hawk fans going to big D?

Yes. Bring a weapon. And learn Spanish between now and then. Otherwise, you should be fine.

pmedic920

Reaction score
bingotown":1lz8py7s said:

If you bought the "standing room" party tickets, get inside early, find a good spot that you can either see the field or a good TV/monitor. Do not leave that spot unless you keep somebody to hold your place.
Last I knew, you should have wait staff attending to you, tip them well and they will treat you good. Just don't walk away and expect that spot to be open when you come back.

stack55

Reaction score
I was going to the Seahawks game there. But after watching this
Crap I'm going to save my money.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
stack55":332p0xh4 said:
I was going to the Seahawks game there. But after watching this
Crap I'm going to save my money.

Even if we lose that game (we won't), it'll be worth the trip as a bunch of us from .NET will be there for the game. Personally I'm still excited for it no matter what. 21 days and counting...

12thbrah

Reaction score
Some guy just got shot in the head outside the stadium. Jus sayin

Srs should be a good time. Was there last Thanksgiving when Dallas played the Eagles and wore my ET jersey without issue.

Actually when the Cowboys suck like they do now the stadium is usually filled with the opposing teams fans. i'm guessing the 12s will represent in the big D.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Guys please heed this warning: I lived in Dallas for a long time and used to go to Cowboys games at old Texas Stadium and the new one. A few things,

1. Two people attend Cowboy games (a) the wealthiest people in DFW that sit in suites and (b) rabble that uses 100% of their discretionary income to show up and cause trouble.

2. An overwhelming majority of the folks that will be tailgating or in the standing room only seats will be illegals that are outside of the system and have no problem committing violence.

3. Travel in large groups. There should be plenty 12s there to be around. Don't think you're in Arizona or St. Louis. If you get liquored up and think you can run your mouth, or just good spirited jabbing, you will likely find yourself in the hospital.

4. This leads me to my last point, on the way out of the stadium, keep your head down and don't run your mouth, regardless of the outcome.

I know this sounds dramatic, but trust me, I grew up around this stuff and I can't tell you how many times I have seen opposing fans getting knocked out by some gang banger after the game. And the fact that the Cowboys suck, ticket prices will drop and you'll see more riff raft.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I disagree 99% with the above post.

Use common sense as you would at any road game.
I do not think there is any greater chance of having issues in Dallas as there is in any other stadium.

Point #2 above is absurd.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":rbgc5aoc said:
Guys please heed this warning: I lived in Dallas for a long time and used to go to Cowboys games at old Texas Stadium and the new one. A few things,

1. Two people attend Cowboy games (a) the wealthiest people in DFW that sit in suites and (b) rabble that uses 100% of their discretionary income to show up and cause trouble.

2. An overwhelming majority of the folks that will be tailgating or in the standing room only seats will be illegals that are outside of the system and have no problem committing violence.

3. Travel in large groups. There should be plenty 12s there to be around. Don't think you're in Arizona or St. Louis. If you get liquored up and think you can run your mouth, or just good spirited jabbing, you will likely find yourself in the hospital.

4. This leads me to my last point, on the way out of the stadium, keep your head down and don't run your mouth, regardless of the outcome.

I know this sounds dramatic, but trust me, I grew up around this stuff and I can't tell you how many times I have seen opposing fans getting knocked out by some gang banger after the game. And the fact that the Cowboys suck, ticket prices will drop and you'll see more riff raft.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
pmedic920":41b0rq96 said:
I disagree 99% with the above post.

Use common sense as you would at any road game.
I do not think there is any greater chance of having issues in Dallas as there is in any other stadium.

Point #2 above is absurd.

#2 is absolutely correct. I know it's not politically correct, but it's the truth.

pmedic920

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":2eb05et0 said:
#2 is absolutely correct. I know it's not politically correct, but it's the truth.

Well, if you are willing to call the overwhelming majority of the tailgaters in Dallas "illegals", I now understand the fear in your post better.
In your case, I would highly recommend "keeping your head down" and "mouth shut"
Best o Luck to you if you are going to the game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is the football forum, so let's not get off topic using someone else's post.

You are welcome to start a thread in the PWR forum on the topic. :th2thumbs:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I went there in 2009 when the Seahawks played down there. First year the stadium was open.

I went with my buddy who is a Cowboys fan. I was fully decked out in Seahawks gear. I had no issues. They seem pretty quiet.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":167dtaa1 said:
I went there in 2009 when the Seahawks played down there. First year the stadium was open.

I went with my buddy who is a Cowboys fan. I was fully decked out in Seahawks gear. I had no issues. They seem pretty quiet.

I was at that game as well.

As to any shooting, this occurred 2 hours after the game last night, and the Arlington PD said it was the first shooting that he knew of at the new stadium.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article38787048.html

Cooper, you must not get out very much.

sam1313

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":3g1gdqej said:
bingotown":3g1gdqej said:

Yes. Bring a weapon. And learn Spanish between now and then. Otherwise, you should be .

Weird quote. We went a few years back and had a blast. I would recommend everyone go to that stadium at least once, since it is quite the experience. Most Dallas fans were nice to us too, and I never felt like I would need a weapon (or Spanish for that matter).