Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
So .. we all want Bevell gone right?

Lets assume he doesn't return next year, who would you want to replace him?

Actual realistic candidates please.. not "derp derp my dog could call a better game derp derp"

Exittium

Reaction score
Philbin, Mike Smith, anyone else NOT Darrell Bevell

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Exittium":8z42aik9 said:
Philbin, Mike Smith, anyone else NOT Darrell Bevell

Mike Smith was an ex defensive-coordinator so I don't think that's improvement.

Exittium

Reaction score
Honestly bret bielema, he knows russ the best. I think that would be a huge improvement and boost for russ's confidence as well.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
As I posted in the NFL forum, I'd like to see Seattle bring in Pete Carmichael if New Orleans dumps their coaching staff at the end of the year.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Exittium":1dkwgllm said:
Honestly bret bielema, he knows russ the best. I think that would be a huge improvement and boost for russ's confidence as well.

Another former defensive coordinator unfortunately.

I would love Rob Chudzinski, and he's more than likely going to be available barring the Colts hiring him as HC

chris98251

Reaction score
I think there may a be a good chance also, Sark knows the current college level players, will help for draft, he knows how to innovate on offense with running QB's, Locker and Price, he knows how to work around shitty lines, Locker and Price, Pete has a soft spot for his ex staff and helping guys out.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
"Is Marc Trestman floating around somewhere still?" He is the Ravens OC this season. He does love Russell though.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Good lord, thankfully this place doesn't get a vote. I'm not going to pretend that I know whose philosophy would be the best fit here, but surely someone could come up with better suggestions than two defensive coaches and one college coach who was just put on leave for what is likely issues with alcohol.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What about Doug Meacham?

They use Boykins a lot like we should be using Wilson.

It would be nice to have an OC that played to Wilson's strengths instead of mysteriously trying to pretend his weaknesses do not exist and blindly trying to force him to overcome those.

I might just put a flyer in for anyone from Brile's staff since I doubt you could even be in the room with the Baylor team and not pick up knowledge of offense, if only by osmosis alone.

It would be best if we could find either a guy from college (taking a shot but really, could anyone be worse than Bevell at this point?) or a younger coach in the NFL itching for a shot. But it will still be a gamble either way. At some point this team is going to have to win on the back of its $22M QB, which means it will have to somehow get to the SB because of the offense. That means we will need a SB quality OC.

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":38yea7k9 said:
"Is Marc Trestman floating around somewhere still?" He is the Ravens OC this season. He does love Russell though.

Yeah I posted it then remembered he was the Ravens OC, think he would have been a good choice also.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If we actually had a choice and he were canned in season, who on the current staff would be an upgrade?