Edit: 710 Sheil Kapadia, Pete Carroll, Justin&Gee,

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Which was a bigger reason for the Seahawks' collapse against the Bengals: the offense or the defense? We get a lot of varying opinions from callers. Finally, Brock takes you through why the Hawks struggled on 3rd & short yardage situations in Chalk Talk.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Why did the Seahawks give up a 17 point lead and not come up with a game winning drive in OT? Brock & Salk attempt to get to the bottom of it with the help of Pete Carroll's analysis after the game yesterday. John Clayton explains what he saw in the Hawks 27-24 loss in OT to the Bengals in his Morning Drive. Finally, Brock explains which college football team in Washington had a bigger win last week: UW over USC or WSU over Oregon?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sadly he said nothing. He doesn't have any clue how to make adjustments. He is out coached just about every week and now Russell has been figured out.

minormillikin

Reaction score
At one point Pete said, "that's football..." I thought I was listening to Lloyd Mclendon for a minute.

Other than that, he said in the 4th they weren't taking their foot off the gas, but trying to run the same game-plan that worked earlier. He mentioned on third downs Russ missed some open targets, but he wasn't sure why he didn't see them.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
In case you missed it:

< BOB, GROZ AND TOM | 710 ESPN SEATTLE

John Clayton on the Seahawks' banged-up backfield heading into Cincinnati

ORIGINALLY AIRED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2015

ESPN's John Clayton makes his weekly visit on "Bob, Groz and Tom" to talk about Marshawn Lynch being out Sunday and the potential of Fred Jackson also being out.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Tom

Blitzer88

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":ttejfdro said:
Sadly he said nothing. He doesn't have any clue how to make adjustments. He is out coached just about every week and now Russell has been figured out.

Huh? I really hope you forgot to put :sarcasm_off: You can't be serious? And this is coming from a guy that is known to be overly negative, but to say they can't make adjustments is nuts! We have been a strong team after halftime since Pete got here. Yesterday just wasn't one of those days though.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Did carroll not get outcoached after the first 4 years at USC. You realize Washington beat SC twice and they were as average as could be. The Hawks have lost 4 out of the 6 forth quarter leads and are 2nd in most forth quarter lead losses since 2012. This team wins because of superior talent and I do believe in the win forever philosophy but the Hawks get badly out coached in game. How does a veteran team lose like this then?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":yulcj5rx said:
Did carroll not get outcoached after the first 4 years at USC. You realize Washington beat SC twice and they were as average as could be. The Hawks have lost 4 out of the 6 forth quarter leads and are 2nd in most forth quarter lead losses since 2012. This team wins because of superior talent and I do believe in the win forever philosophy but the Hawks get badly out coached in game. How does a veteran team lose like this then?

Carroll went to seven-consecutive BCS Bowls at SC, winning six of those, despite some inconsistent play calling after 2004. He still managed to go to four consecutive Rose Bowls from 2005-2008

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3d3dvau4 said:
seahawk12thman":3d3dvau4 said:
Did carroll not get outcoached after the first 4 years at USC. You realize Washington beat SC twice and they were as average as could be. The Hawks have lost 4 out of the 6 fourth quarter leads and are 2nd in most fourth quarter lead losses since 2012. This team wins because of superior talent and I do believe in the win forever philosophy but the Hawks get badly out coached late in games. How does a veteran team lose like this then?

Carroll went to seven-consecutive BCS Bowls at SC, winning six of those, despite some inconsistent play calling after 2004. He still managed to go to four consecutive Rose Bowls from 2005-2008

He also recycles players every four years at college, now he has to live and motivate "well paid" players. I hope Chancellors holdout doesn't scar chemistry on this team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1gshw2tv said:
hawknation2015":1gshw2tv said:
seahawk12thman":1gshw2tv said:
Did carroll not get outcoached after the first 4 years at USC. You realize Washington beat SC twice and they were as average as could be. The Hawks have lost 4 out of the 6 fourth quarter leads and are 2nd in most fourth quarter lead losses since 2012. This team wins because of superior talent and I do believe in the win forever philosophy but the Hawks get badly out coached late in games. How does a veteran team lose like this then?

He also recycles players every four years at college, not he has to live and motivate "well paid" players. I hope Chancellors holdout doesn't scar chemistry on this team.

Now, he just recycles the ones he can't afford to re-sign. Chancellor's holdout was a setback, but I have no doubt they will return to playing dominant defense once Chancellor gets more reps.