Rawls ROY?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
If Rawls starts a few more games due to Beast injuries and gets 8-10 carries in games he doesn't start, he could seriously start garnering some offensive ROY consideration.

ARhawk

Reaction score
He'd have to finish better than Todd Gurley, who will be getting 20+ carries every week. So, probably not

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not a chance since he isn't going to be starting. Lockett would have a better chance if he has a couple more good returns.

But Gurley is going to probably win it.

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
No guarantee that Gurley stays healthy and doesn't miss a few games. I agree it's probably unlikely but if he creeps up close to 1,000 yards he will be in the discussion

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
No chance in hell. Not with Mariota, Gurley, Cooper, etc

chris98251

Reaction score
ROY would need to do something to elevate his team and get notoriety, unless we see a change in the win column with Rawls getting his yards then no.

Rob12

Reaction score
Gurley is going to be the ODB of 2015. He's probably going to rush for 1,500+ yards. Kid is a monster.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qshmeoc5 said:
No chance in hell. Not with Mariota, Gurley, Cooper, etc

Doesn't each conference hand out their own ROY awards? Not sure. If not, there's no way.

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":13y16fsc said:
SeaToTheHawks":13y16fsc said:
Rob12":13y16fsc said:
Gurley is going to be the ODB of 2015. He's probably going to rush for 1,500+ yards. Kid is a monster.

1,500? C'mon

Is he averaging 100 yards a game?

Yes, but let's wait a while and see what happens when teams start keying on him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Considering how poorly our run blocking has been overall, the odds are higher that he'll be struck by lightning while running backward for a 99 yard rushing touchdown. :)

drdiags

Reaction score
No way is a back-up RB, getting 8-10 carries a game going to be ROY. I cannot think of a case that matches your scenario. Love the enthusiasm but not sure it has precedence that I can remember. Maybe if he had some crazy YPC or all the NFC candidates take a header. I say no.

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
drdiags":3od5kxjp said:
No way is a back-up RB, getting 8-10 carries a game going to be ROY. I cannot think of a case that matches your scenario. Love the enthusiasm but not sure it has precedence that I can remember. Maybe if he had some crazy YPC or all the NFC candidates take a header. I say no.

I said if he starts a few more games. So let's say 3 and gets 100 yards in each of those. That would put him at 650 yards. Say in the other 8 games he gets 80 carries and gets 320 yards, he's at damn near 1,000 yards as a rookie RB. That's a great season and he will be in the discussion.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
He's not even the best rookie on our team. Yes, he had a monster game, and a couple of 100-yard-plus games so far. But that won't continue, and Lockett is only going to get better and better on offense this year. He's already looked outstanding.

And neither will be in the running for Offensive ROY.

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3sh82ekd said:
C'mon, admit it... it's a reach at best.

Lol. I never said he WOULD win, just simply that he will be in the discussion if he approaches 1,000 yards--which after gaining 350 in basically 3 games (btw, that is more than Gurley in the same amount of games) is not that unlikely. He will be top 5 in voting if he can do that and to me that is being in the discussion

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":y21k97we said:
He's not even the best rookie on our team. Yes, he had a monster game, and a couple of 100-yard-plus games so far. But that won't continue, and Lockett is only going to get better and better on offense this year. He's already looked outstanding.

And neither will be in the running for Offensive ROY.

Don't disagree about Lockett probably being better and having a higher ceiling but he is on pace for around 500 yards receiving. Let's say he really ups his production and gets to 700 plus add in whatever he does in the return game... I'd say if Rawls gets to 1,000 yards those are pretty equivalent stats. So to say Lockett would be more deserving is unjust in my opinion.