If we win Sunday

chevelle03

Reaction score
After 6 games last year we were in utter disarray. Let's hope we can right the ship again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just the offense, Defense got tired, Special teams over all have been better.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":tk0qh1uk said:
Our secondary needs to come together. Too many costly penalties and long fourth-down completions doomed us against the Bengals. Those can't happen. And being tired is not an excuse for a professional defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2bp64oao said:
chris98251":2bp64oao said:
Our secondary needs to come together. Too many costly penalties and long fourth-down completions doomed us against the Bengals. Those can't happen. And being tired is not an excuse for a professional defense.

Being inept is not an excuse for a profession offense, not blocking is not an excuse for a professional lineman, not being able to call the right plays in the right situation is not an excuse for a NFL Offensive coordinator.

Doing so would keep the defense fresh, allow them to play downhill, which is what this defense does best.

RussB

Reaction score
Just a slow start , this team has too much talent to just keep losing. Like pete carrol said they just need to fix a couple of things and get going. Not really worried at all .............

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1nwkblcz said:
Siouxhawk":1nwkblcz said:
chris98251":1nwkblcz said:

Being inept is not an excuse for a profession offense, not blocking is not an excuse for a professional lineman, not being able to call the right plays in the right situation is not an excuse for a NFL Offensive coordinator.

Doing so would keep the defense fresh, allow them to play downhill, which is what this defense does best.
It's still absurd to say our defense didn't play well because they were gassed. They've been trained to play 60-plus minutes of football. It's their job. And it's not like the offense set the defense up with the goal line to their backs. The Bengals reeled off big chunks of yardage before scoring. But we're on the verge of putting it all together, so I'm relaxed and ready for better things ahead.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's still absurd to say our defense didn't play well because they were gassed. They've been trained to play 60-plus minutes of football. It's their job. And it's not like the offense set the defense up with the goal line to their backs. The Bengals reeled off big chunks of yardage before scoring. But we're on the verge of putting it all together, so I'm relaxed and ready for better things ahead.

Have you ever played football for 60 straight minutes?

In fact playing ten straight minutes with guys hitting you and beating on you while running sprints 40 yds or longer takes a toll on the best conditioned atthletes.

Doesn't take long to begin getting dehydrated, kinda the reason they have all those water coolers on the sidelines, also without a break in between your stamina wears down from muscle fatigue without rest.

ringless

Reaction score
One reason I have always admired Rugby players like Jaryd Hayne. The NRL only allows 8 substitutions in an 80 minute game. Halftime is at the 40 minute mark. That includes injuries. Not to mention it isn't stop start like the NFL, its continuous play.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1mpi3v7y said:

Have you ever played football for 60 straight minutes?

In fact playing ten straight minutes with guys hitting you and beating on you while running sprints 40 yds or longer takes a toll on the best conditioned atthletes.

Doesn't take long to begin getting dehydrated, kinda the reason they have all those water coolers on the sidelines, also without a break in between your stamina wears down from muscle fatigue without rest.

C'mon, the Legion of Boom would never use such a flimsy excuse as that. They didn't perform, plain and simple. They stop one of those drives and we win. I'm not exonerating the offense either, but one stop by the D and we pocket a win.

kearly

Reaction score
Defense has looked great, but right now the offense can't control the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2 OT losses on the road, they are a few plays from being 4-1, and have had a lead in the 2nd half of all the games.

timmat

Reaction score
But we went on a crazy run last year to get to where we ended up. Can we do something like that again? With the talent we have, sure. But it is not something you can count on every year. To go 13-3, 12-4, and play our style where you are not going to blow teams out, you need to have a knack for winning the close ones. It's an uphill battle when you let games slip away over and over. Not impossible, but the margin for error becomes very small if you want to be a playoff team.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Based on my season record prediction in the off-season, I had us losing 2 of the first 5 games (St. Louis and Cinci) so I guess that's only really one more than what I predicted to happen. The skies aren't falling on me just yet.