Rawls improvement

jake206

Reaction score
"There’s another interesting facet to Rawls’ rise in Seattle. That’s his relationship with Lynch. He said when he first heard the nickname “Beast Mode” in college, he thought it was a joke. “There’s only one Marshawn, and I’m not him,” Rawls said. But when Rawls got to Seattle, he was impressed—no, amazed—with the amount of help he got from the guy who was number one on the depth chart.

“It’s incredible how much Marshawn has helped me,” he said.

“There’s a lot of things. But if I could think of one thing, it’s to be decisive. Make your move, and attack the hole. But all the other things. Later movement’s so important. Work on that. Low pad level, always low pad level. Watch the way you cut—cut to make guys miss. He wants me to be a complete back. There’s something every day he’s helping me with.”

Lynch is a human being with many angles. But you talk to teammates, and so many of them say what Rawls has said—he’ll coach you up, even if it means you may end up taking playing time from him. But as long as one of them stays healthy, it looks like Seattle won’t be able to blame a bad running game if the season goes south."~ Peter King article on Rawls.

massari

Reaction score
Seems like a great teammate even back in high school as he rewards good play from the OL with trips to Sizzler. lol

[youtube]cFlleejS_1Q[/youtube]

Throwdown

Reaction score
Marshawn always been one to give due to his team mates, even after the run vs the saints in the playoffs he made it a point to show all the dudes out there plowing the way for him.

Rob12

Reaction score
I guess the narrative about him choosing to sit in the luxury box rather than being on the sidelines to help his teammate is out the window.

I think Rawls is going to be special. And good on Beast for helping him so much.

Threedee

Reaction score
Reminds me of Favre stating that it wasn't his job to mentor Rodgers and acting like a complete douche. This is what you want from your aging stars.