Just a curious ?? would we ever wear our whites at home ?

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i mean, after watching the Saints/Falcons game tonight, and many others over the years... think we ever would ?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Interestingly, we are the only NFL team that has never worn white jerseys for a home game.

Of course we are the only one that has worn neon green also.

Seafan

Reaction score
A heat wave in preseason might cause the team to think about wearing whites.

drcool

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the white jerseys overall. I think the blue looks much better. But I would be open to the Wolf Grey with blue pants at home.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not unless we were the away team at our home stadium and the other team wanted to wear dark jerseys.
It's happened in baseball a few times, where for some reason the team's home stadium wasn't available for play.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I never liked the whites until they wore them with the blue pants and proceeded to whup up on the DB in SBXLVIII. The white/blue combo will always have a place in my heart but no to them for home games.

Chawker

Reaction score
I believe ( If I'm not mistaken ) its the home teams choice on which uniform (color) will be worm. But this decision is made prior to the start of the season. "If my facts are correct".

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3a3rw1hd said:
Interestingly, we are the only NFL team that has never worn white jerseys for a home game.

Do you have a link/citation for this? Not the neon green part

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawker":1941z89p said:
I believe ( If I'm not mistaken ) its the home teams choice on which uniform (color) will be worm. But this decision is made prior to the start of the season. "If my facts are correct".
I think that is correct.

schkoot

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gpokacj said:
Chawker":2gpokacj said:
I think that is correct.

Didn't San Diego switch to all whites at the last minute against us last year?

timmat

Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical for you. Seattle is awarded a Super Bowl. Hawks make it to the Super Bowl that year, and it turns out to be a year NFC wears road jerseys. Result is Hawks at home in white. Go Hawks!

Basis4day

Reaction score
schkoot":1u8zo9e9 said:
Sports Hernia":1u8zo9e9 said:
Chawker":1u8zo9e9 said:
I think that is correct.

No, they just didn't advertise it until that week. It's in the bylaws, you can't change at the last minute.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":wnlcei27 said:
schkoot":wnlcei27 said:
Sports Hernia":wnlcei27 said:
Chawker":wnlcei27 said:
I think that is correct.

No, they just didn't advertise it until that week. It's in the bylaws, you can't change at the last minute.

For reference here you go. NFL Rule book, Rule 5, Section 4, Article 2
Team colors
Article 2 Pursuant to the official colors established for each NFL club in the League Constitution and Bylaws, playing squads are permitted to wear only those colors or a combination of those colors for helmets, jerseys, pants, and stockings; provided that white is also an available color for jerseys and mandatory color for the lower portion of stockings [see 5-3-3-(f), “Stockings,” below].

Each player on a given team must wear the same colors on his uniform as all other players on his team in the same game Before July 1 each year, home clubs are required to report to the League office their choice of jersey color (either white or official team color) for their home games of that forthcoming season, and visiting clubs must wear the opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wear jerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of sufficient contrast.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Basis4day":2rmuk0tv said:
seahawkfreak":2rmuk0tv said:
FlyingGreg":2rmuk0tv said:

Do you have a link/citation for this? Not the neon green part

http://www.uni-watch.com/research-proje ... n-the-nfl/

Very intriguing. Knew the Redskins and the Cowboys liked to always wear white and thought the Southern teams only did it because of the heat. Wonder what the fascination with white in the 60's, 70's and early 80's was.