The Legacy Died on the Field in SB 49

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
Gentlemen I am here to say....the special Seahawks we knew. The potential legacy run this team "could have" been. Guys, those Seahawks we knew. The corpse is still lying on the field where SB 49 happened. The head is mounted on the wall in Tom Brady's sports den.

Not a troll post by any means. Just calling it how I see it. Superbowl 49 ended this team mentally, and with it....everything special this run could have been. The wheels are coming off week by week, and we reinsert ourselves in the medicore pack of the NFL.

Damn it

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Guys got paid and got soft. Young guys we need to step up haven't.

The good news is the team is still pretty young, so they can get it back if they pull their heads out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Yep. Eerily similar to USC losing to Texas (they haven't recovered since) in the Rose Bowl..

That's what made that call so damn heartbreaking, its NOT easy to get back to that moment.

strohmin

Reaction score
Unfortunately some mistakes are very hard to overcome regardless of what Pete and Russell say. That superbowl loss might have done some damage might take until next year to get over. All they can do is move forward and pray that things turn around quickly.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":cfda1oq7 said:
Gentlemen I am here to say....the special Seahawks we knew. The potential legacy run this team "could of" been. Guys, those Seahawks we knew. The corpse is still lying on the field where SB 49 happened. The head is mounted on the wall in Tom Brady's sports den.

Not a troll post by any means. Just calling it how I see it. Superbowl 49 ended this team mentally, and with it....everything special this run could of been. The wheels are coming off week by week, and we reinsert ourselves in the medicore pack of the NFL.

Damn it
I agree 100% funny thing is I kinda knew it when that play happened ! You don't just shrug that off and walk away from that .that team got his heart ripped out

seanoob

Reaction score
Not only that. Who thinks that even last years team was as good as the one from 2013? The depth took a great hit last year and williams (for example) is not as good as our other options at that position.

OP
OP
I

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
This thought was lingering in my head all off season. The big question is. Will this team possibly re surge next season and make a push. Or is this group of guys as a whole, done with championships....unfortunately I have the sense that the current roster of guys and Pete have hit the peak, and it is all downhill from here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":2oeelhde said:
Gentlemen I am here to say....the special Seahawks we knew. The potential legacy run this team "could of" been. Guys, those Seahawks we knew. The corpse is still lying on the field where SB 49 happened. The head is mounted on the wall in Tom Brady's sports den.

Not a troll post by any means. Just calling it how I see it. Superbowl 49 ended this team mentally, and with it....everything special this run could of been. The wheels are coming off week by week, and we reinsert ourselves in the medicore pack of the NFL.

Damn it
I agree with this post, and.............

Reaneypark":2oeelhde said:
Guys got paid and got soft. Young guys we need to step up haven't.

The good news is the team is still pretty young, so they can get it back if they pull their heads out.
This post.

Team is indeed relatively young, but Pete's going to have to fix them psychologically. As Hasselbeck said above, based on his USC teams after that Rose Bowl loss to Texas, I'm not sure he is capable.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah when your D is about intimidation and mystique a loss in the SB that pulls your pants down takes a toll.
As does Cary Williams.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":1vqgydaj said:

Damn it
Agreed.

OP
OP
I

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3uar9uhd said:
So that begs the question.......if Pete would've made Bevell "resign" would this team have survived XLIX psychologically?

Honestly I don't think so. The way 49 ended...that is the most painful loss a team probably has ever had to endure in a SB. Less painful losses have ended other Legacy bound teams in the past.

hawk45

Reaction score
I do think having bevell around keeps the wound fresh especially when they see Doug freaking Baldwin lining up at h back.

OP
OP
I

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
hawk45":3sa5rh6r said:
I do think having bevell around keeps the wound fresh especially when they see Doug freaking Baldwin lining up at h back.

I agree I think it may of made things a bit better. However we are just so far down the rabbit hole at this point. You do have to question if Pete has the capability to put this team back together mentally at this point.

OP
OP
I

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
One thing that isn't all bad. We finally had our history defining "run." For 3 seasons 12, 13, 14 we were the premiere team that other teams envied. One of the best defensive stretches in NFL history.

The hawks had a run that left it's mark in NFL history. the SB 48 beat down on the greatest offense in history will always be remembered. I thank Pete and co. for making that a reality the last three years.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":3p8ha7xi said:
One thing that isn't all bad. We finally had our history defining "run." For 3 seasons 12, 13, 14 we were the premiere team that other teams envied. One of the best defensive stretches in NFL history.

The hawks had a run that left it's mark in NFL history. the SB 48 beat down on the greatest offense in history will always be remembered. I thank Pete and co. for making that a reality the last three years.
Great post

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. The team we knew and loved that was the best in the NFL clearly died after that game. They are a shadow of that team now, utterly mediocre at best. It's sad, but we all knew it wouldn't last forever.