Those of us screaming "8-8" after week 2...

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
...humbly accept your apology. :stirthepot:

Seriously though, we might have been wrong, we could go 6-10. There were bad omens in the preseason, but how can so much talent perform so badly? If it really begins and ends with Pete, as he claims, is it time to start questioning Pete?

Or is it the players? Have they just gotten (metaphorically) fat? Even guys like Kam and Sherman are getting scored on.

Third option: Dan Quinn was a genius and we didn't know it? (see also: Atlanta Falcons)

Fade

Reaction score
Pete Carroll can't function without an elite D, he will be mediocre without one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Congrats on nailing your prediction, I'm sure you're proud

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Eh the rose color glasses crew are all in the witness protection program at the moment. Making lolly pops and rainbows and still believe it's pre season it don't count blah blah blah chicken little blah blah blah . Glad they are out chasing unicorns now.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
It's starting to seem like maybe a lot the D success was Quinn.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hate it, but I sort of expected it when it got to the point that whenever the team was on offense, that was when I went to go for a beer or sandwich or something.

The offense just does little to nothing and it was boring to watch, so I would just watch during the defense. But then the defense kept having to come back on the field, after stop after stop, and I knew we were screwed.

Our offense is pretty much a joke, almost a laughingstock, so I quit watching.

But based on what I am seeing - I am really hopeful we can even get to 8-8.

Weird thing is I am not really as upset as I thought I would be, because I kind of expected it. Would be like a Jags fan being upset about losing that last game. At some point, they realize you are what you are - and the Seahawks are a team with a leaky defense and a laughingstock offense.

The good news is that I won't have to hear Wilson telling everyone about how God is telling him stuff during the game. Hopefully this craptacular performance by him will make him get over himself. Maybe with less distractions, less award shows and more time to practice/study - he will get better. Right now he is a 4th year player playing like a 2nd and 3rd year player....that isn't helping. This isn't all his fault, but he is not producing either.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
hawkfannj":el72fc21 said:
Eh the rose color glasses crew are all in the witness protection program at the moment. Making lolly pops and rainbows and still believe it's pre season it don't count blah blah blah chicken little blah blah blah . Glad they are out chasing unicorns now.
Exactly. And people keep saying "that's it, we're going on a win streak starting this week"
I just don't see it. Not this year. Wish I was wrong.
"We are who I thought we were"....LOL

Blitzer88

Reaction score
8-8 looks to be very generous right now. This team as it stands right now is no where close to a .500 team.

Smellyman

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2dstllb1 said:

Seriously though, we might have been wrong, we could go 6-10. There were bad omens in the preseason, but how can so much talent perform so badly? If it really begins and ends with Pete, as he claims, is it time to start questioning Pete?

Or is it the players? Have they just gotten (metaphorically) fat? Even guys like Kam and Sherman are getting scored on.

Third option: Dan Quinn was a genius and we didn't know it? (see also: Atlanta Falcons)

and you may still be wrong. Enjoy your week 6 "victory"

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Blitzer88":pl68djqa said:
8-8 looks to be very generous right now. This team as it stands right now is no where close to a .500 team.
My Dad's predicting 6-10 so he's on the same page as you. I'm in the 8-8 crowd still. Am I an eternal optimist?

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1u4ksv3n said:
Agree. You are what your record says you are.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I just don't understand this disconnect people have between fandom and reality. You can love a team and still think they are trash, and you can't hate a team and realize they are good.

minormillikin

Reaction score
This is the tough part about being cynical, even if you honestly think you're just being a realist. You end up looking like a d-bag whether you're right or wrong.

irocdave

Reaction score
Wonder what happened to the "pay Wilson 30M a season, he's elite!!!!!!!!, best QB evahhhh) ummm people. Wilson is far from elite, how many times did he run IN TO sacks today or last weekend? Seriously, the most vocal of this fan base are the ones not to be found in the tough times. This isn't an 8 and 8 team, 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 is what they will end up. They just are not dominate and have some huge holes in it and the QB is one of them. RW needs to pull his head out and focus on being an NFL QB. It starts with him because he is the highest paid player on the team. Seattle fans need to put the pressure where it belongs, starts with the QB.

You fans that get butt hurt over this will realize this is the truth in a couple of years. You pay this guy top dollar and sacrifice support players and he better perform week in and week out. RW hasn't this year.

No more of this BS "is RW elite".

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
irocdave":1vuspduu said:
Wonder what happened to the "pay Wilson 30M a season, he's elite!!!!!!!!, best QB evahhhh) ummm people. Wilson is far from elite, how many times did he run IN TO sacks today or last weekend? Seriously, the most vocal of this fan base are the ones not to be found in the tough times. This isn't an 8 and 8 team, 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 is what they will end up. They just are not dominate and have some huge holes in it and the QB is one of them. RW needs to pull his head out and focus on being an NFL QB. It starts with him because he is the highest paid player on the team. Seattle fans need to put the pressure where it belongs, starts with the QB.

You fans that get butt hurt over this will realize this is the truth in a couple of years. You pay this guy top dollar and sacrifice support players and he better perform week in and week out. RW hasn't this year.

BUT IF YOU DONT PAY WILSON WHO WILL PLAY QB? DO YOU WANT TO END UP WITH ANDY DALTON.........................................................
:cry:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":812t84pd said:
I just don't understand this disconnect people have between fandom and reality. You can love a team and still think they are trash, and you can't hate a team and realize they are good.

It's not that .. it's the "HAHA I TOLD YOU THEY SUCK, I WAS RIGHT WOO!" attitude that's lame.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3q07u7vq said:
irocdave":3q07u7vq said:

BUT IF YOU DONT PAY WILSON WHO WILL PLAY QB? DO YOU WANT TO END UP WITH ANDY DALTON.........................................................
he is no where near playing up to his mega huge crippling contract

bmorepunk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2jzii7mb said:

Congratulations! You got the crappy team you desperately wanted to fulfill some sort of weird prophecy.

What's next?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":10e7f98u said:
irocdave":10e7f98u said:

The same Andy Dalton who up to this year has completely sucked? That Andy Dalton? He might be lighting it up this year so far but in the playoffs, JUST LIKE LUCK, he has been god awful. Has a career 57.8 QB rating in the playoffs in 4 games with 1TD and 6INT.

Hell even with this year included his career rating is 87.3 with 110 TD and 68INT

Wilson in one less year has a 98.6 rating with 78TD and 29INT