Emotions are starting to get numb

kearly

Reaction score
When Olsen had the inexplicable gimme touchdown (Seattle went zone instead of prevent), it didn't even hurt anymore. At least not for me. I guess having 5 out of 7 games ending in unbelievable heartbreak will do that.

I'm not even close to giving up on the season, basically Seattle is a very good team in quarters 1-3 and an unbelievably choketastic team in the 4th so far. The former seems more sustainable than the latter. And it's not like it's a high bar to clear either. The NFC is mostly a barf bag this year, 9-7 probably makes the 6th wildcard in 2015. And even now, I still think Seattle can catch Arizona.

I think the real problem is not so much the Seahawks prospects as it is the damage that's been done to the team's confidence in clutch moments and also to the fan experience. How many years will it be before we as fans trust a two or even three score lead in the 4th quarter again? The after effects of the last 7 games will probably take me at least a few years to shake off, and for the players I bet it's not all that different. Holmgren's teams blew a few leads like this in brutal fashion, (though never 5 out of 7) and it took me almost a decade to start feeling comfortable in the 4th quarter because of them.

How cruel is it that this agonizing stretch comes at the heels of such a brutal Super Bowl loss? If there was ever a team that could use a long vacation from horrifying 4th quarter choke jobs, it was the Seahawks. Getting reamed with them on 4 out of 6 to start the next season after SB49 is like a sick joke. It really is as if the team is enduring God's wrath right now. Which is pretty funny, considering that it all began after Russell's teary 'God' speech at the end of the NFCCG.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Right there with you. It is times like this when I wonder why I spend (waste?) so much time on this stuff. I do love the game. I would be wise to watch NFL like I watch college; interesting as hell, but not much bought in.

Some days I miss just loving the game.

edogg23

Reaction score
I felt he same numbness. I had already accepted our fate before it even happened. Last week was so much more difficult to accept.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
So basically we're back to pre-Wilson Seahawks teams. I was hoping it wouldn't return for a long time.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
This team's much better when it's all on the line. It was at 3-3 last year, and now at 2-4 it feels similarly do or die.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":uwbvlka0 said:
So basically we're back to pre-Wilson Seahawks teams. I was hoping it wouldn't return for a long time.
It's seems that is the story so far.i was hoping for better .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I felt the same way. When Olsen caught it, I just sat there in silence. No throwing my remote, kicking my dog, nothing.

This really does boil down to confidence. Without confidence, you lose trust, stamina decreases, communication becomes somewhat fractured.

It'll take a big win at this point for the team to gain any confidence

kf3339

Reaction score
Yep, I had no response one way or the other on the winning TD today.

I just knew we left them in the game when we failed to score TD's on the two INT's giving us short fields both times. You could see it coming, with the fourth quarter now like a giant weight around our teams' neck. We can't close out a game.

The only and I mean only positive is that Graham looks like he is coming around, but even that is probably too late.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yep. All of that and more. And watching Wilson struggle and regress just makes it worse.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kearly is right, time for Ciara to take one for the team as a sacrificial offering.

It worked for Tony Romo it can work for Russell Wilson.

smerfy01

Reaction score
i felt at the beginning of the 4th quarter that we were in a 'here we go' scenario.

i had zero confidence that we would be able to keep that lead. none of my friends did either.

what unfolded in front of us, we were in silence. not shocked. not disappointed. just numb.

Greenhell

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3dlb7cdd said:

This. Mediocrity is the lowest rung of hell.

stack55

Reaction score
I sat in my recliner and called it. I told the wife we would
Go 3 and out and they would either score or kick the field
Goal.
Wilsons regression is hard to watch. He runs out of a clean
Pocket right in to the defenders.

HHawk121

Reaction score
You have posted my very thoughts on this... I knew going into the 4th that it was coming... It's near comical at this point.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
What is mind-numbing to me is how poorly executed our offense has become. It is so horrible, constantly horrible... to me it all starts there.

And I know our defense "gave up" another lead. I get it. But in the context of the entire 60 minutes…their level of execution is on a far higher level than our offense.

When we are at the top of our game, it's a simple formula. Establish the run and execute on short conversions. Control the ball, don't turn the ball over. Move the chains.

Our offense just isn't playing the games it needs to in order to win games. Once again…less than a minute and we lose. Just sustain a friction' drive down the stretch and keep Cam off the field, eh?

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Numb

Stunned

Surreal

Am concerned if 12's can get the feeling back

Was in sports bar with 8 Seahawk fans.

None of us said a word, all of us got up and walked away without even saying good bye.

davidonmi

Reaction score
you can blame the offense all you want, but a 10 point 4th quarter lead should be safe against greg olsen, ted ginn and the rest of the trash Carolina has at WR

mrt144

Reaction score
davidonmi":2u4x8h3f said:
you can blame the offense all you want, but a 10 point 4th quarter lead should be safe against greg olsen, ted ginn and the rest of the trash Carolina has at WR

But nothing this seasons seems to appreciate that it isn't at least from a coaching perspective.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Greenhell":2mwwvygd said:
EverydayImRusselin":2mwwvygd said:

This. Mediocrity is the lowest rung of hell.
And we're the very definition of it right now. Personally I'd rather be like Kansas City and in the hunt for a spot high in the draft. Maybe then we could have a shot at getting a decent offensive line. It really does start and end right there, no pass go, no 200.00 dollars.