Oline

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Man I can't tell anymore with all the scrambling and broken plays

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
They did....Britt had his fair share of bad plays and Okung was suspect at times but people around here can only blame a loss on the OL or WR. Wilson and the defense are off limits for all blame.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought I seen Russell running for his life a lot. Especially in the 4rth. How much of that is the line and Russell running scared, I don't know.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
RW is either physically or mentally unable to step up in the pocket. This leads to holding calls or sacks. Its on him, he's getting paid 10x more than the Oline combined (yeah I know not okung).

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1dxlwbyr said:

I thought Wilson had time to throw. I am souring on him... Our two biggest leaders (Chancellor and WIlson) are letting us down.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Wilson created that holding call on our final drive. Rolled right in to pressure.

hawk45

Reaction score
I have a crazy theory that Russell running scared and crappy protection are connected in some way and that he won't feel comfortable and stop escaping early until protection is consistently better rather than just for small stretches.

hawk45

Reaction score
I have a crazy theory that Russell running scared and crappy protection are connected in some way and that he won't feel comfortable and stop escaping early until protection is consistently better rather than just for small stretches.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":s0gm0i4t said:
hawkfannj":s0gm0i4t said:

I thought Wilson had time to throw. I am souring on him... Our two biggest leaders (Chancellor and WIlson) are letting us down.

Kam is no leader.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ar9i7mf said:
seahawk12thman":2ar9i7mf said:
hawkfannj":2ar9i7mf said:

Kam is no leader.

the only leader we've had on this team was Michael Robinson, when he left we had no professionals, just a bunch of kids.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I expect this line to struggle in pass pro but this line is not even average if it cant ZONE BLOCK for Lynch.
Lynch for his part looked slow except on the delay draw out of a pass formation that everyone had been criticizing Bevell for.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3ac978bq said:
I thought they played pretty well.

Thoughts?
Oy!
f56559476a2b65da4738e05bf1a81726.jpg

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2gixaq4d said:
RW is either physically or mentally unable to step up in the pocket. This leads to holding calls or sacks. Its on him, he's getting paid 10x more than the Oline combined (yeah I know not okung).
He stepped up in the pocket and got sacked on the second to last possession.

For the most part though the line pass blocked better. They were still pretty bad at run blocking though. What has happend to Britt? He is bad at both and never seems to know who he is supposed to block. Maybe it's time to chuck the zbs? Several times I've noticed Sweezy get to the second level so fast that he leaves a whole behind him the DE shoots through.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1361db13 said:
NFSeahawks628":1361db13 said:
seahawk12thman":1361db13 said:
hawkfannj":1361db13 said:

Kam is no leader.

the only leader we've had on this team was Michael Robinson, when he left we had no professionals, just a bunch of kids.

Totally agree. I think this team truly misses him. Leader and a great player.

kpak76

Reaction score
MrThortan":3v1h9hh2 said:
I thought I seen Russell running for his life a lot. Especially in the 4rth. How much of that is the line and Russell running scared, I don't know.

I thought so too. Also that big play to Graham when he rolled out was because the line couldn't really hold it together. We get big plays when he do this, and yes sometimes he holds on the ball too long there. During the final drive, RW should not have took off to gain 9 yards, he should have thrown it away and save the time.

This team is in a lot of trouble though.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If we can't run block then we can't game plan is if we are a run first team.

Maybe the problem is the ZBS? Maybe we need to simply our blocking scheme for our newbie Oline? Maybe just let them go hat on hat so that they can just block the man in front of them instead of trying to identify their block at the next level.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to put Britt back at RT and Bailey at guard with Lewis at center. That line was way better than the current one. At the minimum they could run block. This line can't even do that.