Sherman

RussB

Reaction score
Has been looking like crap alot of the time. He gave up about 4 or 5 big passes today. Literally let a "sorry ass reciever" burn him. Got burned by rookie funchess for about 30 yards but got lucky that funchess couldnt hold on to the ball. And on top of that he was literally just laughing after the game talking with josh norman as if nothing happened. Does he even give a shit?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
according to a large number of posters on this site, fans shouldn't be angry or act like spoiled bandwagon fans, why should the players? Just laugh it off we are the seahawks our season isn't done we got this. The players mad after losses are just bandwagoners that weren't here in the 80s when we were really bad. We got it good baby!

ARhawk

Reaction score
He got paid. He doesn't play with the same swagger of wanting to prove everybody wrong. Maybe it will come back when people start calling him out on how poorly he's been playing

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
ARhawk":2i8sxcy0 said:
He got paid. He doesn't play with the same swagger of wanting to prove everybody wrong. Maybe it will come back when people start calling him out on how poorly he's been playing
Seems like that.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I fear Sherman has lost a step. And, well, Sherman did not have a step to lose. He was never fast to begin with. He jams less at the line and depends on safety over the top help.

I would have loved Pete to put Sherm on the TE full time and let the others deal with the Carolina scrub WR's.

Oh well.

The best of Sherman is done. He is protecting his brain at this point. I would not be surprised, nor upset, if he retired before his contract completes.

One or two more years and Sherman's need for football will cease to exist.

Sherman will be a commentator you dread soon.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
NFL is a business. I think this is the true issue with Seattle. Winning it all really did nothing for them. You had to do it all over again. So, they tied their motivation to legacy. That died with the worst call in professional sports. Now, there is only uphill effort to get back to legacy. And, well, in two years, if I am Sherman, I make 28M, and can retire at 28, save my brain, and pursue my writing and entertainment passions.

It all makes sense. Seattle top players are in a business, and treating it as such. Losing the legacy thread really hurt this team.

gmor

Reaction score
ARhawk":1a9e5jww said:
This. Money can make you comfortable. Being comfortable makes you stop pushing hard to do better, leading to complacency and mediocrity.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3h9r1ccs said:
I fear Sherman has lost a step. And, well, Sherman did not have a step to lose. He was never fast to begin with. He jams less at the line and depends on safety over the top help.

I would have loved Pete to put Sherm on the TE full time and let the others deal with the Carolina scrub WR's.

Oh well.

The best of Sherman is done. He is protecting his brain at this point. I would not be surprised, nor upset, if he retired before his contract completes.

One or two more years and Sherman's need for football will cease to exist.

Sherman will be a commentator you dread soon.
Hope he isnt past his best.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I have to say it also seems like none of the players short of maybe wilson even care about the coaching staff or Seattle. A lot of these guys are from rough areas or very ethnic areas etc and don't feel any connection with the Seahawks outside of a paycheck. All these guys loved playing for Carroll coming from other areas but now that they are here they take it for granted. Lynch doesn't give a hoot about Seattle compared to oakland, irvin wants to go back to atlanta, kam spent all year in virginia. These guys aren't playing for anything anymore, they are all financially set and have that ring that every player wants.

They all had a snickers and went back to being marsha brady.

I honestly get so jealous hearing things about Edelman, Gronk, Dion lewis, talking about how much they love the coach, love brady, would do anything for the team. We have bad eggs in the locker room aka bennett that vocally tell everyone "you are in this for you and you only, this aint a family its a business" thats not winning mentality. Meanwhile Dion Lewis is signing 2 year minimum contracts because "this team took a chance on me and this is how i will repay them". There's no loyalty with the Seahawks.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1lbprnxd said:
I have to say it also seems like none of the players short of maybe wilson even care about the coaching staff or Seattle. A lot of these guys are from rough areas or very ethnic areas etc and don't feel any connection with the Seahawks outside of a paycheck. All these guys loved playing for Carroll coming from other areas but now that they are here they take it for granted. Lynch doesn't give a hoot about Seattle compared to oakland, irvin wants to go back to atlanta, kam spent all year in virginia. These guys aren't playing for anything anymore, they are all financially set and have that ring that every player wants.

They all had a snickers and went back to being marsha brady.

I honestly get so jealous hearing things about Edelman, Gronk, Dion lewis, talking about how much they love the coach, love brady, would do anything for the team. We have bad eggs in the locker room aka bennett that vocally tell everyone "you are in this for you and you only, this aint a family its a business" thats not winning mentality. Meanwhile Dion Lewis is signing 2 year minimum contracts because "this team took a chance on me and this is how i will repay them". There's no loyalty with the Seahawks.

Truth.

Seattle's drive was respect and dollars.

NE is legacy and greatness.

One is short lived. One endures.

northseahawk

Reaction score
nbk35zw":qvv304j5 said:
TheRealDTM":qvv304j5 said:
Truth.

Well said. That's the exact situation. The only player that have my respect are C.Avril, KJ, and ET. The rest were just punks who are after money.

leto69

Reaction score
I agree I agree. There is not Team and playing for your brother this year.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
northseahawk":37pegk2b said:
nbk35zw":37pegk2b said:
TheRealDTM":37pegk2b said:
Truth.

Well said. That's the exact situation. The only player that have my respect are C.Avril, KJ, and ET. The rest were just punks who are after money.
Earl thomas honestly seems like the only guy in the secondary that actually cares. sheman and kam just seem like they are there for the paycheck

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":csl7ufd1 said:
according to a large number of posters on this site, fans shouldn't be angry or act like spoiled bandwagon fans, why should the players? Just laugh it off we are the seahawks our season isn't done we got this. The players mad after losses are just bandwagoners that weren't here in the 80s when we were really bad. We got it good baby!

Large number of posters? Can you name at least 30?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3lk1p2uz said:
TheRealDTM":3lk1p2uz said:

Large number of posters? Can you name at least 30?

Off the top of my head? Of course not.