What it will take to fix it.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
An Upgrade at left corner
An upgrade at Center
An upgrade to WR's we need to get bigger and more athletic . See ya Kearse and Baldwin.
An upgrade at RT
An upgrade at LG
LT contract expires this year I believe.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yeah that isn't going to fix the problem.

We need to upgrade the OC.

All you would be doing otherwise is giving the guy a better car to smash repeatedly into the wall.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29trh15h said:

All you would be doing otherwise is giving the guy a better car to smash repeatedly into the wall.
More important then even a change at OC, is a change at OL coach and actual offensive linemen. We should start with players that actually played the position in college. Maybe that's too radical but I say lets take the risk.

I'm not sure we need a different DC given our offense is so bad it's hard to figure out what really is on the defense.

justafan

Reaction score
Its a down year.You dont blow up a system that actually brought the city a championship.
Every year the team changes a little bit,next years will as well.
The team that won a SB is gone.Next years may be even better.
The team still has a ton of talent so they will plug in new players to replace players that leave and hopefully the chemistry is right and the ball bounces your way enough to get back to the SB.

northseahawk

Reaction score
A qb who actually plays like a $22 million rather than like a $1 million qb.

northseahawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":3c70guou said:

look at GB. I dare someone say that there are any better players at any position than our team with the exception of their guards. The guards I believe seem better because of Rogers. It's their qb who make everything happen.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This team just needs a big win. Get their mojo back. I believe it's more mental than anything else, and I truely believe it's due to the way we lost the Super Bowl. There's no reason this team can't get on a roll.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
We have the highest amount of undrafted players in the NFL. Not saying it is the problem but maybe this is were we've been to radical in team building.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Confidence/mindset is definitely a problem. When I, and many other people can say at a point based on gameflow, time on the clock etc that: "this game is over we lost," while we still have the lead, it has to be obvious to the coaches and players as well, most of them are intelligent enough.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Kearse had zero catches today on three targets. Lockett or Richardson should replace him as #2 WR

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
northseahawk":1uq5tlvx said:
northseahawk":1uq5tlvx said:

look at GB. I dare someone say that there are any better players at any position than our team with the exception of their guards. The guards I believe seem better because of Rogers. It's their qb who make everything happen.

While Rodgers is good...im starting to think he is more of a "system qb" than brady ever was or people claimed he was. I mean just look at when Flynn came in for that one game and had like 5TD and a better game than Rodgers ever had in his career up to that point.

Nothing against Rodgers at all...still think he is #1 or #2 and he is very good...just have to start wondering why nobody claims he is a system QB like a bunch of people claimed brady was

For the most part Gb also runs a dink and dunk offense and gets the ball out somewhat quick.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2jb3kiss said:
northseahawk":2jb3kiss said:
northseahawk":2jb3kiss said:

While Rodgers is good...im starting to think he is more of a "system qb" than brady ever was or people claimed he was. I mean just look at when Flynn came in for that one game and had like 5TD and a better game than Rodgers ever had in his career up to that point.

Rodgers is very likely in the top 5 QBs to ever play the game. I can't disagree with you more. Rodgers could succeed in any offensive system in the league.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Because people have an irrational hatred for the GOAT that blinds them to reason. Remember when people, many on this board who I otherwise greatly respect their opinion, actually believed some deflated ball conspiracy was responsible for his and the Pat's success? Ya. It was funny.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
First of all Pete has to acknowledge that there is actually a problem to fix. That is always the first step in the process.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don't think the "on field" talent is the main problem.
I think it's the "chemistry", I'm not sure what has changed but something has and I don't think it's lack of "on field" talent.

endzorn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2csdfeub said:
TwistedHusky":2csdfeub said:

More important then even a change at OC, is a change at OL coach and actual offensive linemen. We should start with players that actually played the position in college. Maybe that's too radical but I say lets take the risk.

I'm not sure we need a different DC given our offense is so bad it's hard to figure out what really is on the defense.
Our offensive line has been progressively worse for years now. It's the single biggest reason for our struggles IMO. I could live with Schneider making the personnel decisions for the oline and Cable coaching them up, but letting cable make the personnel decisions has led to a void in talent.

At DC I'm not sold. When All-Pro talent are confused about their role and positioning then coaching HAS to bear responsibility. That was ugly. I think we need to ease off the blitzing, make teams to earn their pass yards underneath and force mistakes in coverage. We're playing A-Typical in the fourth quarter.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
My theory is, players are playing just to play cause they are under a contract.

Most have gotten paid.

Most have gotten a ring.

Most were playing to get two rings but when the coaches made the worst call in professional sports history, the players decided why should they put their everything into these games anymore?

I think many felt cheated and still do, losing that second ring.

They don't want to put their bodies and minds in harms way any longer. I mean for who?!

They play cause their contracted but no desire to win for an inept coaching staff that cost them a second ring.

This is just a theory of mine.

It's different when you get paid. Whether fans want to realize that or not. The mindset isn't the same. You got your ring. You're not as "hungry" as you once were. The team isn't as young as they once were and out to prove themselves. I think the "core" group no longer has a desire to prove themselves and playing 110 percent every time maybe a thing of the past.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We have a lot of guys on both sides of the ball that suddenly don't understand what their responsibilities are on a given play. On offense it's mainly on the line. Most of them are inexperienced and ZBS is difficult to learn so that should have been taken into account. On defense you might have a point with the blitzing. I don't know. Our defensive guys are not just experienced but are known for their comunication as a cohesive unit. What happend to disrupt that comunication Is anyone's guess.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2ii937v3 said:
We have a lot of guys on both sides of the ball that suddenly don't seem to understand what their responsibilities are on a given play. On offense it's mainly on the line. On defense you might have a point with the blitzing I don't know. Our guys are experienced and used to be known for their Comunications amongst them selves as a cohesive unit. What ever happend to cause it that comunication is lacking this season.
1. New defensive coordinator that has never had this role. Inexperienced.
2. If your resources are devoted to the defense, quarterback, running back and tight end, what's left for the offensive line?
It's kinda like, you get the left overs and Tom Cable has to try and turn that into a 5 star meal.
3. An offensive coordinator might only want to call simple plays outta fear his lineman cannot sustain their blocks.