Dear Coolaid drinkers

leto69

Reaction score
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Where is the LOB (LOVE OUR BROTHERS) all I see is the LOB( Lust others bucks).

Kris Rishard is over his head.
Bruce Irvin should be benched, he only performs on pass rush downs.
Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

In order to get it right a REALITY CHECK IS NEEDED.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I completely agree with you and feel slighted by those telling me since preseason that every thing would work out and that I'm being a child or a bandwagon fan or what have you.

That said asking them to apologize is not the right move, we are all in the same boat of being disappointed some people have just been taught to never talk about it and to be 100% positive. Posts like this wont change their mindset

OP
OP
L

leto69

Reaction score
You believe we will be 6-10 or 10-6?
Either way doesn't make the playoffs

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Smooth.

Simplistic and almost laughable, but smooth.

PS You predicted the right outcome but you are so ridiculously wrong about the cause you don't even get to take credit for it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm not seeing a lot of this 100% positivity you speak of, exactly.

People who can type must have some degree of brain function.

OP
OP
L

leto69

Reaction score
I'm sorry how many points did the offense give up in the 4th quarter???

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Aww! We're turning on each other after a loss again! We're just like those teenage girls who are sort of friends but also sort of hate each other except we get confrontational when our local football team loses instead of snarky facebook status updates, our friends hogging all the Adderall before mid-terms, or whatever else kids get upset over these days.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":15tqws9e said:
Aww! We're turning on each other after a loss again! We're just like those teenage girls who are sort of friends but also sort of hate each other except we get confrontational when our local football team loses instead of snarky facebook status updates, our friends hogging all the Adderall before mid-terms, or whatever else kids get upset over these days.

Yeah thank goodness we're not like those people that result to petty insults and misogyny when people have different opinions.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
leto69":3d13j7e3 said:
I'm sorry how many points did the offense give up in the 4th quarter???

They gave up 0 points, sir! In the future, you can look up scoring information on websites like NFL.com and ESPN.com. It is also grammatically incorrect to utilize multiple question marks at the end of a sentence. Knowledge is power!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Usually being straight out negative, especially after a win, is not received well on this forum. I've come to find that a win is a win in the NFL, ask the Broncos. An approach of "good to have the win but I have these concerns" would probably go further in your instance.

So even if you are right, rubbing it in your "haters" face won't get a great response either. Just saying, I assume you care since you went through the trouble to write this post.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":ry4pi1b0 said:

Optimists (sunshine punters) vs pessimists (they call themselves realists).

It's a never ending argument. This place would be pretty boring if we all agree'd.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
leto69":2dl1qxzj said:
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Where is the LOB (LOVE OUR BROTHERS) all I see is the LOB( Lust others bucks).

Kris Rishard is over his head.
Bruce Irvin should be benched, he only performs on pass rush downs.
Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

In order to get it right a REALITY CHECK IS NEEDED.
It's a sad day when Debbie Downers have actual evidence to celebrate. I assume you're happy also?

Though I will say something directly to you. ..it's Koolaid with a K not a C.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":a7thm7c1 said:
BirdsCommaAngry":a7thm7c1 said:

Yeah thank goodness we're not like those people that result to petty insults and misogyny when people have different opinions.

I know, right! We would get into one of those long back-and-fourths where we keep re-posting the already previously quoted statements from one another, and it would be just absolutely dreadful for the other posters to have to read and re-read our post-loss whimpers. Thank God (or Gods? Or interstellar organism that could be interpreted as a God?) who may or may not be real that we're so much more self-aware than that!

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tibp9wh said:
BirdsCommaAngry":3tibp9wh said:

Optimists (sunshine punters) vs pessimists (they call themselves realists).

It's a never ending argument. This place would be pretty boring if we all agree'd.

No, there absolutely is an end. The optimist vs pessimist debate is about a bunch of people aspiring to be more realistic who are using very different concepts to determine what is realistic or not. If a person thinks his or her fellow person is trending toward concepts too hopeful to be accurate, he or she will label the person an "optimist". If this person is someone who is trending toward concepts that they feel are too cynical to be accurate, the label will be "pessimist". It's literally an oversimplification that makes an issue of accuracy more of an issue of tribal affiliation. It ends when we care more about the truth more than the conflict of us vs "them". (Hint: There is no "them" but there is an us!)

ringless

Reaction score
leto69":2uy0hh1l said:
You believe we will be 6-10 or 10-6?
Either way doesn't make the playoffs

10-6 Certainly makes the playoffs this year.
Almost the entire conference is tied for the 7th spot at 2-4

The current team in the wildcard spot is 3-2 and still has to play GB twice.. Seattle is literally one game back of the wildcard spot.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
MVP53":1gqhp8gd said:
You're asking for an Internet apology?

Dude.

He didn't ask. He said he is waiting for one. Perhaps he felt the statement route would seem more assertive (He was right!).