Is Wilson allowed to call audibles at LOS??

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Seems we audible less than any team in the league Wilson is in 4th year. Its time he takes reign of this offense. I know he will adjust formation from one side to the other, but is he allowed to actually change a play. Many times in a game a team will have 7 or 8 in the box and we run anyway, makes no sense. Just strange to watch Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees take over at LOS and make adjustments under 10 seconds on playclock, yet Wilson can barely get the original play off w/o changing the play at all. Maybe we just need to get out of the huddle sooner, maybe thats on Bevell to get the call in sooner.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I have always wondered this too. You can see 8 in the box and we still try to run it down their throat. This team has not adjusted at all. All of our opponents are watching tape of us and seeing how teams are beating us and doing exactly that. And we still try to stay the course and do what we have always done. Run, run, pass, punt. It's pathetic that we didn't use the read option one time in the second half. I do believe this is on Pete and Bevell, but ultimately Bevell because he cannot adjust his play calling to the hat is happening. We can all place blame on the defense for these losses, but today's game gave us 15 net yds in the last 8 minutes of the game to two 80yd drives by Carolina. This loss is on both sides of the ball. And on the coaches. RW needs more freedom to make those audibles.

I tweeted to Brock Huard asking this exact question on whether he is allowed to, because it sure as hell. Doesn't look like he does at all. He also needs to pull the trigger on his passes more and have Confidence in those receivers.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm betting he does run audibles, like switching sides. I've seen him change pass protection and he has checked to a deep pass a couple times that I've seen. When he does hand goggles in front of his face he's checked the wr to a 9 route. That said I'm almost positive he doesn't get to run the offense like Payton used to or Rogers sometime does.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He's not only allowed, he's encouraged to. It comes with gaining maturity.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2t87gnc6 said:
He's not only allowed, he's encouraged to. It comes with gaining maturity.
Are sure he's allowed to? Just asking.

CoolRodney

Reaction score
He's allowed to talk to Jesus. Why can't he call audibles??????

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
This O line is green and cant even block well. New center and players on the Oline who weren't O linemen and new receivers still learning the plays.
It's not that Wilson cant call audibles but it's more likely they mess up or get delay of game penalties.