Bring in this guy at the Bye

blkhwk

Reaction score
Joe Philbin

In 2003, Philbin joined the Green Bay Packers coaching staff. He spent nine years in Green Bay. During his tenure as offensive coordinator (2007–2011), the Packers offense ranked in the top 10 in the NFL for points scored and total yards every year, including their Super Bowl season.[

strohmin

Reaction score
Even if Bevell is the problem. Pete won't get rid of him until after the season like he did Jeremy Bates.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We can't learn a new offense during a bye week. If he's just going to be calling the same plays bevell has installed I don't think there's any point. End of the season clean house, we don't have any good position coaches outside of Sherman Smith left, let them all go and start over. Pete is too worried about his damn coaching tree, we should have denied Quinn to interview as well.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
I'll take that too!

I don't think Pete can do nothing if things stay like this. Pretty hard to can a coach after winning it all, but now........

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
strohmin":a1019sro said:
Even if Bevell is the problem. Pete won't get rid of him until after the season like he did Jeremy Bates.

If anybody would "can" their OC in midseason, it would be Pete!

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
Not sure a whole new playbook is necessarily needed. Just some continuity in running plays and not being so damn predictable.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
Good point on the Dolphins offense!!!!! Maybe this just shows how desperate I feel right now!!!!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think what Pete and Bevel need to do is to come to the realization that they can't run the offense they want to with this offensive line. The whole offense works off the abuility to run the football with authority in order to set up the pass when needed. We can no longer do that with the line we have. Going foreward (at least the rest of this season) they will have to game plan with that in mind.

endzorn

Reaction score
strohmin":nuo46rbb said:
id take Jeremy hates in a heartbeat over a Bevell/cable combo

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3l929ewi said:
I think what Pete and Bevel need to do is to come to the realization that they can't run the offense they want to with this offensive line. The whole offense works off the abuility to run the football with authority in order to set up the pass when needed. We can no longer do that with the line we have. Going foreward (at least the rest of this season) they will have to game plan with that in mind.

....and you really believe that they know how? We're into six games of non functionality and nothing has changed!

chihawk

Reaction score
I don't know that changing OC mid-season is going to be very effective, so I don't think I would necessarilly want that, but Philbin is an interesting option. The Miami offense is more Lazor's than Philbin's. Lazor is the coordinator that came from Eagles and Chip Kelly's system.

Philbin hasn't been OC since with the Packers and he may be a better OC than head coach.

Hard to know how good he was as OC at Packers considering McCarthy and the whole organization. They have definitely been fine without him, but he also didn't hurt them with bad play calling while being there.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":b4uxzkoe said:
Go ask dolphins fans what they think about philbins offense

This. I have a friend who is a die hard Dolphins fan, and he hated Philbin from the moment they hired him. Guy was the epitome of mediocre there.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ocda8kyy said:
If the Hawks bring in a replacement fo Bevell in the offseason, what's Siouxhawk gonna post about?
Same could be said of you. But thanks for thinking of me.