Possible Long Term Implications

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
Ok so this will be strictly an opinionated post on my part. I will be posting basically what I am seeing and how I am connecting the dots.

For all those glass half full folks, I got mad respect for your outlook and optimism. This however is not one of those posts so be warned.

I posted earlier about my initial fears and how the dominate/intimidating version of this team died at the end of SB 49. Here I am going to attempt to elaborate on it a bit further. This team is in shambles mentally and it is showing up big time. Now I would love to think that this team can pick up the pieces and turn it around and go on a winning streak. However the core members of this team are just not right upstairs.

Superbowl 49 broke this team. Leaders like Kam and Bennett for example are obviously in some state of disgust with the team. Bennett made himself go to camp basically he said in an interview. Kam came in to report out of guilt to his teammates struggling without him. This team doesn't have the FIRE of being on a mission like it has the last three years. Our leadership is grinning and bearing it out. Big issue right there.

I question this teams potential moving beyond this season. Beast Mode exiting possibly as soon as this offseason. Leaderships belief in Pete moving forward etc. I get the feeling that this teams run of excellence has come to an end after SB49. Big changes can come in an offseason so this can all change. However it isn't too far fetched to consider that Pete's championship caliber days in Seattle is water under the bridge.

One can only hope that I am a crazy person typing this completely out of touch with reality. However I wanted to get this out there and see what your thoughts are on this matter. Sure we will win more games, but is the era of the dominate Seahawks over?

kearly

Reaction score
We've seen the same Rocky movie almost every season with Pete. Three of his previous five seasons had brutal starts and awesome finishes. If it happens this year it will be four out of six. In fact, Pete has never had a poor start to a year in Seattle and NOT turned it around in the latter half of the year.

This year is a little more desperate than previous years, but with so many aspects of the first six games being WAY out of the norm I expect the 2015 season to be yet another 'tale of two halves' kind of season.