When are we going to start blaming .... everyone?

Wolfepack

Reaction score
I've seen all these posts for weeks now. Blame Bevell's playcalling. Blame RW not being "elite" enough to stay in the pocket or make the right throws/reads. Blame the OL for, well it's obvious. Blame Cable because he coaches that project OL. Blame JS because he drafts that DL turned OL. Or blame JS for not keeping Unger/Maxwell that might've changed this outcome - or any other of his overpaying trades, missed draft picks, or players we shouldn't have let go. Blame Kris Richard for not "learning" his DC position fast enough. Blame Kam for his holdout messing up chemistry. Blame the offense for not scoring more in the 4th. Blame the defense for not preventing other teams from scoring in the 4th. Blame Pete because he's the head coach and responsible for everything.

I know it's a forum and everyone has topics that they choose to focus on (not to ignore the rest), but it seems obvious that there is not a single fix-all. Pete says that every time in his Monday show with Brock & Salk, when Brock asks that same bonehead question: "what thing needs to be changed or improved upon?" Pete always responds the same way - it's not a single thing. It's not an easy answer or it would've been fixed. It's a combination of things.

Of course if the defense stops the other team from scoring just once at the end of the last 5 losses and we're 2x SB champs and are at least 4-1 this season. If the offense got a couple more 1st downs at the end of the last 5 losses it would be the same result. And all the other things that go into those factors.

At the end of the day, though one improvement might have spelled the difference between 5-0 and 2-4, there are still so many glaring chinks in our armor and I personally think the blame falls on everyone ... and everyone should feel responsible.

Largent80

Reaction score
Coming to. Net during losing times gets you the fire everybody and pointed fingers going in all directions. Hell, even after our wins people were doing the same thing.

justafan

Reaction score
I agree its a team game and right now they are not playing well enough to beat these teams in the crunch.If its a down year its a down year, but the talent is still here.

OP
OP
Wolfepack

Wolfepack

Reaction score
The hardest thing to stomach is that we have the talent and ability. Heck we've done it for 3 quarters every game to date. I believe this team can beat anyone. I think we all believe that deep down. Just gotta get their ish together.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I just deleted a similar post...it's a good point. It's a perfect storm of faults pertaining to execution.

One thing I cannot stand to hear is that it's Pete or JS's fault..These are two guys who are half a season removed from being NFC champs and 1.5 years away from being SB champs.. You are a sociopath if you could go from lauding and applauding these two 8 months ago to blaming them when the core of the rosters really haven't moved.

The one similarity I've seen between all of our "closed" or "finished" games is that we control the clock in the 4th quarter.. In the Chicago game they rushed for 60+ yards 5.0 YPC+ and held the ball for 11+mins. In all of the 4 other losses (even Detroit) we could not rush the ball in the 4th all with less than 40 yards and less than 3.9 YPC.

I think the OLINE continuity and Lynch's injury/age is a large part of the whole not being able to finish thing. Obviously the defense also plays a huge part in this, as well. However, I think if we can start running the ball, the clock will shrink, the defense will play fresh and we'll get back to our winning ways.

We're so close, and I believe it will happen. Stop blaming everyone.