Season isn't over, not by a long shot

Chapow

Reaction score
Yes, we have issues that need to be fixed. Yes, the team needs to play better, especially in the 4th quarter. But it's not like we've been getting blown out. Every game has been very close and come down to the wire. We have had the lead in the 4th quarter in every game this season. It's extremely disappointing to lose the way we have this season, but in my opinion, the fact that the undefeated Packers, Bengals, and Panthers all had to come from behind late in the 4th quarter to beat us tells me that we do not suck. We are certainly having problems (on both sides of the ball) finishing, but we do not suck.

There are only 6 teams in the NFC that have more than 2 wins. There are 10 (10!) teams in the NFC with 2 or less wins.

Cards are 4-2 and coming off a loss to a team that started their washed up 2nd string QB and played much of the 2nd half with their 3rd string QB (whom they got shredded by). I'd say the Cards are pretty beatable and we still play them twice. The rest of our division is sitting on 2 wins just like us.

My point is, I just don't think the situation is anywhere near as dire as many are making it out to be. Playoffs are not even close to being out of reach at this point. Hell, winning our division is still well within reach.

Go 'Hawks!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Look at the NFC Wild Card race. It's very open.

Assuming no wild card comes out the east.
Assuming the NFC South sends one wild card team.
Assuming the Pack and Cards win their divisons

That really leaves a two man race between us and the Vikings. That week 13 matchup in Minnesota could be HUGE.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm not willing to assume that the Cards are going to win their division at this point. :D

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":2qjafrqf said:
I'm not willing to assume that the Cards are going to win their division at this point. :D

We didn't lose any ground, but we failed to make up ground. The division is still very winnable in my opinion, but odds are against us. Based on how poor the rest of the NFC is performing, I think there is a good shot at the wildcard.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Chapow!!!

Always darkest before the dawn.

There is simply far too much player talent here for this team not to pull themselves out of this slump and go on a roll. It'seasy to be negative, when the same mistakes are being repeated but they will get fixed. There are still ten games to go.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think at this point we need to see something on Thursday. We can keep saying it's not over probably till we are 2-7 (9-7 can make playoffs). There has been minimal improvement this year in each game with this team. Seems like we fix something then we get another flat tire ( Bobby hurt). Not trying to be a bummer here but we are reaching now and from my take we need a complete game to build on anything.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Win Thursday, game on like the above poster said. Lose? Over.