RB Bryce Brown signed, BJ. Daniels released

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/659118407397146624[/tweet]

Backup plan for Rawls, most likely.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/659119580464328704[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
So they signed a RB? Does this mean Rawls calf bruise is worse than originally thought?

drrew

Reaction score
kidhawk":1idpj5lf said:
I figured Daniels to be cut soon, but for Richardson.

Looks like the Rawls injury will keep Richardson out at least one more week.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":j733kmrv said:
So they signed a RB? Does this mean Rawls calf bruise is worse than originally thought?

He wasn't going to practice until Thurs at the earliest. I would presume they want insurance as both our other RB have been nicked up and Derrick Coleman got in a car accident.

Jville

Reaction score
"I like Bryce Brown when he gets north and south. When he gets too carried away with his speed laterally, no. North and south, that kid's got a chance to be special." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock, Cincinnati @ Philadelphia, Week 15.
Brown is built powerfully to the point that he almost looks wide. He is physical with plus burst and acceleration, and genuinely rare speed for a man his size. During Brown's coming-out Week 12 demolition of the Panthers -- he rushed for 178 yards and two touchdowns -- ESPN's Jon Gruden described Brown as "a big back who can get the corner and finish." Brown consistently runs through arm tackles. Despite weighing at least 15 more pounds than both David Wilson (breakdown here) and Lamar Miller (breakdown here), Brown possesses similar breakaway jets in the open field. Brown is not quite a punishing runner, but I think he could develop that aspect of his game. He flashed the ability to be a runner who piles up yards after contact, relentlessly shucking tacklers.

There is more logged here >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43565/260/2nd-year-rbs-bryce-brown[/urltargetblank]

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
drrew":3og7iv1v said:
kidhawk":3og7iv1v said:
I figured Daniels to be cut soon, but for Richardson.

Looks like the Rawls injury will keep Richardson out at least one more week.

I think that most on here had assumed that Paul would not come back until after the Bye week.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Interesting signing. Nice thing about signing Brown is that Fred Jackson can help relate the Hawks concepts and language to the Bills offense to speed up the transition.

If this is a short-term signing because of Rawls, I wonder if this means they won't activate Richardson until after the bye, now?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He's had fumble issues. I doubt he'll be used unless absolutely necessary.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If I was BJ Daniels I'd start wondering if there was another team I could join that would actually just keep me on the roster.

kearly

Reaction score
This is Brown's third team, but he's an exciting player. Physical freak, but has some shortcomings and is reputed to fumble a lot. In a lot of ways he's like Eagles/Bills version of Christine Michael (though as a runner he compares better to guys like Ryan Matthews).

He's a long shot to make an impact here, but I'd love to see him on the team next August and see what he can do with 10-15 carries in a preseason game. One of the most athletic RBs in the NFL, but has (a lot) of stuff to learn I'm sure.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2mv78ac1 said:
Bryce Brown is only 24 years old but it seems like he's been in the league since forever.

Drafted in 2012. Same Year as Irvin, Wagner, Wilson.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3r3d7duu said:
He's had fumble issues. I doubt he'll be used unless absolutely necessary.

Figured there was a reason he hadn't caught on. Looks good other than that...fluid with cutbacks, hits the hole well, likes contact.

Greenhell

Reaction score
My hand on a bible (if that matters), this morning Bryce Brown popped into my head for what reason I have no idea other than I remember him having a monster game a few years ago when he played for the Eagles. I was like, "I wonder what happened to that dude? He kinda sucked because he fumbled so much." Lo and behold Seattle signs him today. What a trip. :shock:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Brown was a monster in college but hasn't translated that at the pro level yet.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3orij10m said:
If I was BJ Daniels I'd start wondering if there was another team I could join that would actually just keep me on the roster.

Daniels was waived, so any team that wants him is welcome to claim him.