Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Cowboys)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am always delightfully pleased to eat crow whenever I pick against the Seahawks and they win. I was thinking this team was on the precipice of a lost season with some viciously malicious bad mojo but the leaders on the team got together after the unexpected loss to the Panthers at home and said ENOUGH! They made the 49ers (remember, these 49ers just beat the Ravens and the media was starting to oogle over Kaep's potential turn around heading into this game) look like school boys. It was delicious.

I am tempted to pick against the Seahawks again this week because I believe the Cowboys will throw everything they have at us to save their season. Cassel threw 3 picks last week but he showed me enough potential to think he can pull it together in his second attempt as the starting QB. Will he? McFadden - not CM - will be the RB to focus on. If we can stuff their running game it may be over before it begins.

Disharmony is prevalent in Dallas which may work heavily in our favor. The first sign of the Seahawks taking over the game and watch The Hardy Boys turn on each other faster than you can say "Nomo Romo!"

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Cowboys 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-3

ringless

Reaction score
Dallas is allowing over 5YPC in the last 4 weeks.
They have generated zero Turnovers.
Dallas is allowing 30.5 PPG in the last 4 weeks
No Romo
No #1 RB
50/50 On a Dez who hasn't practiced since September 11th.

A healthy Seahawks team.
Lynch against a very poor Defense.
A great Defense against a struggling offense.

I think Seattle takes this one easily. More along the lines of the 2013-2014 seasons where their defense suffocates and stifles Dallas while the ground game wears them down before the flood gates open in the 4th resulting in a blow out win.

31-13 Seattle

Laloosh

Reaction score
Russ throws two picks and we win by double digits. Beats the alternative of Earl getting two picks and losing by three.

SEA 23 - 13 DAL

YTD: 3-4

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
As Aros said, they are gonna throw everything at us...so we will intercept it and take it in for touchdowns. Guessing a couple of interesting runs at us..but we still win. 24-10.

Decimation

Reaction score
I don't see the Cowboys scoring more than 10 points to be honest. Defense plays lights out against Matt Cassel and offense does just enough to win comfortably.

Seahawks 30

Cowboys 10

RTD: 5-2

Largent80

Reaction score
In this one, I look for a similar rushing performance from the Beast and another strong defensive showing. And since I'll be at the game I can't wait to see It happen

Hawks 31
Cowpies 9

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep have to win since this is my makeup away game trip. The Football Gods owe me one after sitting in 115 degree heat to watch the Seahawks melt against the Chargers last year.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
It was nice beating down the Niners last week, but I don't think it will be that easy this week, even though Dallas is without Romo. It will be interesting to see if the defense can close out on back to back weeks if they get a 10+ point lead again. I also look foward to seeing if the offense can build on what was a solid game in San Fran. They did some nice things last week, so it will be interesting to see if they can continue to build against a better defense.

Not sure i would pick the Hawks to win if Romo was playing. Seattle has just blown to many games this year when they had to play against above average QB's (Foles, Newton, Dalton, Rogers). Lucky they get Castle this week.... So I'll go,

Seahawks- 27
Cowboys- 14

This game will be closer than the score, I just don't see a blowout, but I see the defense and running game getting going in this one, plus I think the the Hawks win the turnover battle (even though that has ment very little this season), giving them a few extra shots on offense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think our team needs some sort of motivation to get going. It seems they're always motivated to play the Niners. That said, I think the Hawks are going to have a beef with the Cowgirls for beating us last year in our house. They're going to want revenge. It's going to hurt.

Dallas is poor against the run. We're going to establish the run game and then beat them over the top a few times with Lockett and Graham. They don't have any LBers than can reliably cover Graham. As long as their pass rush isn't too disruptive, I see a good game from Graham and the Beast.

Seahawks 24
Dallass 13

RTD 5-2

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawks 41
Cowboys 13

Couple of big plays in the passing game, defensive and special teams touchdowns. Cowboys carry 6 into the 4th but Dez gets a garbage time TD.

pmedic920

Reaction score
FWI, NFL "live" is reporting that Dez practiced today and "may" play on Sunday.

Looks to me like it will be a gameday decision. I'll add, I can't see him having a big impact in his first game back but he will need to be accounted for, if he's on the field.

Edit: Hardy may be our nightmare in this game.
6 sacks in 2 games, if what I just heard is accurate.

Dear Jesus, please keep #3 RW safe this Sunday :{)

2nd edit: my bad. 6 solo tackles and 3 sacks in 2 games.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5187/greg-hardy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
No reason they should lose this one, except themselves.

But Dallas does know how to gameplan with Matt Cassel. Their passing game has been contained and smart. They'll put up a few.

EDIT: Changing my prediction now that Okung is out. Alvin Bailey is terrible.

SEA 20
DAL 21

RTD: 3-2

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks must run Beast and Rawls a LOT and do so effectively to keep Hardy off Russ. If they do so, Hawks win. I say they will......

Hawks 23
Cowpatties 13

EDIT to add....if Okung doesn't play and Nowak starts at center I'm downgrading my prediction to ....
Hawks 16
Cowpatties 13

To date: 5-2

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":3gslvaob said:
Yep have to win since this is my makeup away game trip. The Football Gods owe me one after sitting in 115 degree heat to watch the Seahawks melt against the Chargers last year.

Ditto

Hawks46

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1j8x9ww1 said:
Hawks 41
Cowboys 13

Couple of big plays in the passing game, defensive and special teams touchdowns. Cowboys carry 6 into the 4th but Dez gets a garbage time TD.

Man, I hope you're right. I just can't see us scoring 41 on anyone. We go up 24-6 and it's going to be run, run, run, punt the entire 4th quarter. The only way we score more is if we can run on an 8 man box.

Latest posts