Defending Dez

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
So it looks like the Cowpokes are endeavoring to get Dez back in the lineup against us Sunday. When healthy, he's obviously a talented weapon.
Should we be worried? Do we swarm him with Sherm and go away from our successful zone? With Cassell winging it, do we double team Dez and make them target Terrance Williams, Beasley or Witten with 1-on-1 coverage?
One thing the Cowboys are limited in IMO is attempting to burn us with a pass to a RB. McFadden and his upright style will be KO'd by a Kam thump. Maybe Randle can make those plays, but I think he's hurt. Do they dare give CM that role?

pmedic920

Reaction score
With our history of not being able to cover tight ends, I'd say Witten is our big concern.
Dez, if he plays, will need to be accounted for but I don't see him having a huge impact his first game back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a hell of a player. If Sherm doesn't follow him around, it could be a very tough day for Williams.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Hawks don't change the defense much from game to game and I don't see them changing with or without Bryant.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":yk6tqs52 said:
The Hawks don't change the defense much from game to game and I don't see them changing with or without Bryant.
Though, Cary Williams is bad enough that we did change and send Sherm after the good receiver a couple games ago...

Largent80

Reaction score
If you watched Dallas' game last week it isn't Bryant making those tip toe sideline grabs.

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1dionbz5 said:
Largent80":1dionbz5 said:
Though, Cary Williams is bad enough that we did change and send Sherm after the good receiver a couple games ago...
Yeah, I think Pete even said this week that he'd move Sherm around to cover their best receiver, which would be Dez if healthy.
I'm not for that. I prefer the zone package we've been using because I think it makes the opposing quarterback more predictable and that allows Earl to be more aggressive with his reads, but it puts a lot of pressure on Cary Williams and I'm not convinced he can handle that yet

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shermy Sherm will be on him most of the day I presume..............I think he's only got like 3-4 catches against us previously when Sherman covers him, and that's with Romo throwing to him.

If we lose this game, it won't be because of Dez, it'll be because the Cowboys ran over us again.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":70azm4zr said:
GeekHawk":70azm4zr said:
Largent80":70azm4zr said:
Yeah, I think Pete even said this week that he'd move Sherm around to cover their best receiver, which would be Dez if healthy.
I'm not for that. I prefer the zone package we've been using because I think it makes the opposing quarterback more predictable and that allows Earl to be more aggressive with his reads, but it puts a lot of pressure on Cary Williams and I'm not convinced he can handle that yet

You should be convinced that he can't handle it. He was completely outclassed by AJ Green, and Dez is a better receiver.

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2b7abykj said:
Shermy Sherm will be on him most of the day I presume..............I think he's only got like 3-4 catches against us previously when Sherman covers him, and that's with Romo throwing to him.

If we lose this game, it won't be because of Dez, it'll be because the Cowboys ran over us again.
And McFadden is not going to do that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kzd9yrl said:
Sgt. Largent":1kzd9yrl said:

He shouldn't, so if we let that happen we deserve to lose.

We're playing a one dimensional team with a 3rd string QB, not reason to not pack the box and stuff the run.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2a4ct4sr said:
Forget Dez. We need to worry about Whitten and Terrance Williams.

And that running game.

Matt Cassel.

Fin.

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2sp37os4 said:
Siouxhawk":2sp37os4 said:
Sgt. Largent":2sp37os4 said:

He shouldn't, so if we let that happen we deserve to lose.

We're playing a one dimensional team with a 3rd string QB, not reason to not pack the box and stuff the run.
Just saw Randle is out. Hell, they might have to play the rookie we had on the practice squad earlier this season

DTexHawk

Reaction score
My understanding is that Dez has a great defense team on retainer. :lol:

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1ha6v6x0 said:
My understanding is that Dez has a great defense team on retainer. :lol:
Just keep him out of those Wal-Mart parking lots

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15p6hgkp said:
FlyingGreg":15p6hgkp said:
Forget Dez. We need to worry about Whitten and Terrance Williams.

And that running game.

Matt Cassel.

Fin.

Did you post the same type of thing when we played Austin Davis last year? Nick Foles this year?

RussB

Reaction score
They should let sherman follow him for most of the game and seehow it goes