I think the Oline did better today...

HawkEye

Reaction score
...so, is it playcalling...not making smart choices...not communicating...all of the above??

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
OLine looked pretty darn good today, and against a good Cowboys front 4 too. I want to see them sustain this success though. They looked pretty good against Cinci and then looked like crap the following week.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It helped that they introduced some quick passing

kearly

Reaction score
I chalk this one up to just being a weird day. Fluke INT, blocked FG, one of the two RZ trips being in an ultra conservative game situation. Both teams ran well which shortened the game. Some drops. Weird game. Just glad Seattle snuck out with a win.

jake206

Reaction score
No Okung. I think he's been getting a free pass, because of his 1st round status for a while now. Can't remember how many times RW used to get blindsided from that side. So yeah Oline is alot healthier (fresher legs) therefore playing better. Zone blocking puts wear and tear on body, so puts a premium on durability and health.

chet380

Reaction score
Did better ... and will improve even more with the return of Okung.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good job by the line.The execution by the offense overall wasn't great till the end but we got the win.Thats all that matters,watching Jeruh look like he's dead in his chair was priceless.Screw the Cowboys!Great win Hawks!!!

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
So after today and with the trade deadline just around the corner, what are the chances we make a move

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Run blocking was icky, pass blocking didn't look completely terrible, some of the play-calling wasn't conducive to successful drives but I thought we were better on offense than the points we put up - which can be said for a few games this season.

Meh, it's a win, I'd have taken it before the game and after we gave them the ball back with a minute to go I sure as hell am taking it now.

randomation

Reaction score
Did you guys watch a different game? Russ was hit or hurried on 50% of his dropbacks not to mention the greg hardy to the QB play. It was utter trash as usually just Russ got the ball out just in time for the most part.

bandiger

Reaction score
Same old, crappy line with anemic redzone and another below 20 point game. Story of the season so far.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
They seemed a little better this game, but Wilson was better too.
At least Sweezy didn't appear to have grass stains all over the BACK of his uniform like last game...lol

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Gilliam got absolutely abused. The game plan somewhat made up for it but it was a huge problem. I think this game cemented the fact that we need Okung. A healthy Okung. I know it's an oxymoron but he's the only lineman on this team that consistently wins 1 on 1s.

jake206

Reaction score
jdemps":1nqjm1r9 said:
Gilliam got absolutely abused. The game plan somewhat made up for it but it was a huge problem. I think this game cemented the fact that we need Okung. A healthy Okung. I know it's an oxymoron but he's the only lineman on this team that consistently wins 1 on 1s.

I don't know how to break it to you but Okung has been a liability... he's old and he's not going to be healthier. Gilliam has one thing on Okung, he's younger.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ekwhf4n9 said:
Wilson was getting rid of the ball quicker than normal today, which helped the line.

This. He wasn't scrambling nearly as often as he has this season. Better looking route concepts and splitting graham out wide frequently was also a factor.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I don't know. Seems we need a lot fewer slightly underthrown/slightly behind passes from RW, better success finding receivers for quick 5 to 15 yard gains (like we did the first drive of the game albeit netting only 3 points), and fewer risky lobs that make you hold your breath while the other team's defenders swarm to where the ball returns to earth. Several passes in the last few games have been quite unlike Russell.