The weekly fire Bevell thread

edogg23

Reaction score
I am happy we won, BUT after an extra long week to prep for Dallas it was more of the same pathetic offense.
Dallas hasn't won since Romo went down and they came as close as you could against us.
Something has to be done, we will never beat Arizona with this same effort you just witnessed today.
We have to shake something up on offense (Fire Bevell) or accept our best outcome this year is probably limping into the wildcard spot. This is just my opinion but I am watching the same games you guys are.

marko358

Reaction score
This offense could only muster 13 against a team that was averaging over 30 points allowed in it's previous 4 games. Problem is Pete would never get rid of Bevell. It would have to be a Schneider decision and I doubt he'd do that to Pete.

seabowl

Reaction score
Fire Pig Vomit Bevell

Would somebody please please fly a plane over the city to say Fire Bevell already. Here in NY the planes overhead and signs in the stadium would be in full force to say Fire Bevell with this O's performance.

Next game will somebody or many at least hold the Fire Bevell signs up. Strength in numbers my friends.

RussB

Reaction score
Bevell isnt that bad. He can call some dumb plays but its not all his fault. Russell wilson missed a couple of throws and lockett dropped 1 or 2. Not saying Bevell hasnt done anything stupid but its the offense as a team including the o line.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":3ptn458t said:
Fire Pig Vomit Bevell

Would somebody please please fly a plane over the city to say Fire Bevell already. Here in NY the planes overhead and signs in the stadium would be in full force to say Fire Bevell with this O's performance.

Next game will somebody or many at least hold the Fire Bevell signs up. Strength in numbers my friends.
Has that ever worked????

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Could M. Lynch's mom fly that plane too? Or should JG's mom join in ?
Our offense is just embarrassing.
Glad we are winning games ... but look at the teams we beat ... Lions, Bears, 49er, Cowboys ... what's their record?
I'm sorry folks, but our offense stinks. And please don't tell me our receivers aren't opened. Because that's a lie.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
marko358":24fj6yit said:
This offense could only muster 13 against a team that was averaging over 30 points allowed in it's previous 4 games. Problem is Pete would never get rid of Bevell. It would have to be a Schneider decision and I doubt he'd do that to Pete.

Bevell was responsible, I think, for two dead drives. Wilson for two or three others, and above-average defensive play from Dallas for the rest - they were giving us their best shot, as every team does.

Osprey12

Reaction score
My biggest complaint was when there was around 2:00 and some change left and the Cowboys have no time outs and they ran it to the sideline. Gave them the time stoppage there and the 2 minute warning. I know I'm being captain hindsight here but if you're going to run it there I really wish he would have ran it right up the middle to make sure clock doesn't stop.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It seemed like the difference this time was thew O-Line blocked, and Lynch ran, and the chains moved. Russell picked up a couple key first downs.
Hell, Bevell even designed some nice pick plays for Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett.

It was so delightul to see the O-Line creating holes in the 2nd hallf in the running game. That's what's been missing. More sustained drives, and fewer 3-and-outs that put a gassed D back on the field.

It's so nice to see Seahawks brand football again. No matter how much Bevell sucks and deserves to be fired, if the team executes, it covers for Bevell's mediocrity.

Yes, you heard here first, or 25th more like, Darell Bevell is a mediocre Offensive Coordinator, mediocre.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I hope Bev gets a nice contract extension. He deserves it. Nice win

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
edogg23":19b889km said:
I am happy we won, BUT after an extra long week to prep for Dallas it was more of the same pathetic offense.
Dallas hasn't won since Romo went down and they came as close as you could against us.
Something has to be done, we will never beat Arizona with this same effort you just witnessed today.
We have to shake something up on offense (Fire Bevell) or accept our best outcome this year is probably limping into the wildcard spot. This is just my opinion but I am watching the same games you guys are.

At this point I really don't think you can predict anything with our team. From what we've seen, to this point this season, we should have got our ass handed to us by the Rams and the Packers. How did we put the Bengals and the Panthers in a position where they had to come back at the very end of the game? We should have lost to Detroit, whose gonna get the #1 draft pick, because of a blown call. We blew out the 9ers and the Bears but they are two of the worst in the NFL. We beat an awful Cowboys team, who had a backup qb, by only one point. Can anyone honestly say you would be surprised at any outcome against Arizona, except for getting blown out or us to them?

mrt144

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3cly2c73 said:
Mods -- do we really need another one of these?

After a good win no less.

Why are you so seemingly upset by it? It's a legitimate issue that our offense looks turgid.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
mrt144":3m2107ow said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3m2107ow said:

Why are you so seemingly upset by it? It's a legitimate issue that our offense looks turgid.

How turgid did it look on that 75-yard game winning drive?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":341yqhnh said:
mrt144":341yqhnh said:
theENGLISHseahawk":341yqhnh said:

How turgid did it look on that 75-yard game winning drive?

Turgid indeed!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
As one of the biggest Bevell haters of them all, I thought the play calling was borderline exceptional. Wilson was a little off in this game, which hurt us on 3rd downs. There were a few iffy play calls with Graham as in-line blocker, but overall I thought this was the 2nd week in a row of improved play calling.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Dilfer said every time Graham was in he knew we were going to pass. I know Dilfer's an idiot but if that's something teams are keying on, isn't it smart to have Jimmy block on a run play now and again? Even if he's not the most effective blocker?

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2xdgkix8 said:
As one of the biggest Bevell haters of them all, I thought the play calling was borderline exceptional. Wilson was a little off in this game, which hurt us on 3rd downs. There were a few iffy play calls with Graham as in-line blocker, but overall I thought this was the 2nd week in a row of improved play calling.

I can't lie. Outside of a play here and there, I felt like it was well called. Couple of 3rd downs were surely on Russ but I felt like a couple didn't have much chance with the play call. Waiting for the all 22 to decide on 3rd down specifically but wow, we had some nice plays in the middle of the field today.