NFL network game day staff agree

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Mariuchi, LT, Dion, agree that we won despite having a "horrendous game plan".

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1jvs99dx said:
Mariuchi, LT, Dion, agree that we won despite having a "horrendous game plan".

What did they say was horrendous about it?

Mojambo

Reaction score
I actually thought they did a lot better in this regard today.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mojambo":3v79omh3 said:

I did too.

Execution lacked at times, but we were balanced, threw quick passes and kept Russ from getting sacked.

Defense balled out well.

Not sure what the problem was with the game plan.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Hawkpower":kxhvjzcz said:
Mojambo":kxhvjzcz said:

I did too.

Execution lacked at times, but we were balanced, threw quick passes and kept Russ from getting sacked.

Defense balled out well.

Not sure what the problem was with the game plan.

All go routes on a 3rd and 4, maybe? Bevell figured it out later.

seanoob

Reaction score
Go routes on 3rd and 4 were pretty noticeable today. It did seem like they were going for the kill on those.

OP
OP
brimsalabim

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We didn't plan to attack their weekness. Dion in particular said the cow boys have trouble with tight ends. He didn't think they could have stopped Jimmy Graham on short crossing routes. LT said behind our offensive line that we can't go run, run, pass and sustain drives expecting Russell to bail us out on third and long time after time. We need to understand that just getting Lynch one on one with a DB is no longer an automatic win. Mooch thought we have kept Russell on the move and away from Greg Hardy. Also for the last three seasons Dion has been pointing out that our routes are too easy to diagnose and defend.

None of this is news to us but Pete isn't going to change how he calls things when it still leads to wins.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3232vggu said:
We didn't plan to attack their weekness. Dion in particular said the cow boys have trouble with tight ends. He didn't think they could have stopped Jimmy Graham on short crossing routes. LT said behind our offensive line that we can't go run, run, pass and sustain drives expecting Russell to bail us out on third and long time after time. We need to understand that just getting Lynch one on one with a DB is no longer an automatic win. Mooch thought we have kept Russell on the move and away from Greg Hardy. Also for the last three seasons Dion has been pointing out that our routes are too easy to diagnose and defend.

None of this is news to us but Pete isn't going to change how he calls things when it still leads to wins.

Didn't Graham have like 7 or 8 catches for 80 yards? Most on slants and crossing routes?

Didnt Wilson have a tight end seam route for our only TD?

I didnt think we went run run pass hardly at all today.

Sounds like the talking heads were throwing out cliche talking points without actually watching the game.

seabowl

Reaction score
Lots of outlets pointing out our predictable, simplistic, horrible gameplans. I believe Tony Gonzalez pointed a series out where we ran the same routes three straight plays.

They are laughing at Bevell without saying his name so as to not embarrass him.

It's a freaking joke that our front office has not canned his as a long time ago. I can't wait to hear the comments by the unknown source players when they finally grow a pair and get rid of him.

timmat

Reaction score
The thing that drives me nuts is when we go longer stretches without giving Beast touches. Also when they run him off the field in play action situations.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I hope no one thought we had a good plan and execution today. We lucked out and played a horrible QB. Look how many 3 and outs we had especially in second half

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkerD":q7spsp4m said:
I hope no one thought we had a good plan and execution today. We lucked out and played a horrible QB. Look how many 3 and outs we had especially in second half

We had one 3 and out in the 2nd half.

Our last two drives were 10 and 17 plays respectively.

Thanks.

Execution lacked at times. Russ was off on a few throws. Otherwise, not sure what the problem was with the plan specifically.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Hawkpower":37xktp9z said:
HawkerD":37xktp9z said:

Thanks.

Execution lacked at times. Russ was off on a few throws. Otherwise, not sure what the problem was with the plan specifically.

I agree. I think the criticism of the gameplan is reflexive and not very well thought out. Really poor timing on the execution failures made this thing look WAY worse than it actually was. The game plan was solid.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mojambo":o82331ft said:
Hawkpower":o82331ft said:
HawkerD":o82331ft said:

Thanks.

I agree. I think the criticism of the gameplan is reflexive and not very well thought out. Really poor timing on the execution failures made this thing look WAY worse than it actually was. The game plan was solid.

No it wasn't, we started off with the run and were walking down the field with some passes mixed in, had good gains, then we went away from it till the 4th quarter and Wilson doing his thing and going back to Lynch when we desperately needed it. The inept offense the other 40 minutes of the game was abysmal. When you have a good offense you dictate what you want to do, not try to trick your way around a defense, the they won't think I will call this mentality has been killing us, that and empty backfield and then 20 yard streak patterns to our receivers on 3 and 4.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I honestly didn't love the play of the defense either. No turnovers, soft run defense (at times) not a ton of pressure.
Worked against cassell, probably won't against the Cardinals

Mojambo

Reaction score
The inept offense during those periods wasn't related to the game plan though. It sputtered out of execution failures, usually blown assignments in the run game that put them in 2nd and 3rd and long.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mmy8u1jq said:
HawkerD":mmy8u1jq said:

Thanks.

This is not true. I specifically remember them putting the stat on TV. There was (in sequence) at least two 3 and outs a 5 and out and a turnover before the game was over.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I've started guessing plays before they're called.. My record is better than 50% and I don't even watch film.

Sadly on the "deep shot play" I could tell pre snap as Baldwin was motioning it was going to be a shot play for Lockett...it wasn't open so Russ threw it away.

Seafan

Reaction score
The emphasis on RW getting the ball out quicker was awesome and about 7 weeks late. Other than that it really was about execution more than play calls. RW has not been the same since the first week of the playoffs last season. I'm hoping that losing his best receiver, PRich has some to do with it. Russ really hasn't thrown the ball like we've seen him throw it the pass couple seasons. And he has looked indecisivie in the read option. Hope they work this out soon.