The McFadden non-catch

Laloosh

Reaction score
z0KNMX1.gif

jkitsune

Reaction score
The definition of a catch has become such a bizarre series of judgment calls these days, with all sorts of context-dependent rules. It's absurd. I can't figure out how that isn't a catch and a fumble.

Exittium

Reaction score
To me i swear thats still a fumble. Dude fumbled it swapped from his right to left arm.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
That's a fumble .. no clue how taking 2 steps is not a football move.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Clearly a fumble. Gift 3 points to the Cowpatties. Shit officiating may have saved us 4 later when they screwed up the 12 men on the field call. Refs are so bad in the NFL and have been for so very, very long.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the only folks who watched that replay and thought that wasn't a catch were the referees and Dallas fans.

It was one of many poor calls by that crew as it appeared they were trying to keep the game close.

The fumble happened as McFadden tried to change the ball to the side line side of the play, he clearly had it under control until then.

Exittium

Reaction score
jammerhawk":6xqnldzw said:
I suspect the only folks who watched that replay and thought that wasn't a catch were the referees and Dallas fans.

It was one of many poor calls by that crew as it appeared they were trying to keep the game close.
They knew what it was. Hence they let our player run down for the TD.. The issue is they went full roont on that play. You know the commercial with the refs and open mic.. That was them today.

northseahawk

Reaction score
same thing happened to Dez last year on that catch/non catch in Green Bay playoff game

mikeak

Reaction score
northseahawk":wsyb1fge said:
same thing happened to Dez last year on that catch/non catch in Green Bay playoff game

No that was a non-catch

He was going to the ground while making the catch and if so you have to maintain possession when you hit the ground

McFadden secured the ball, took two steps and wanted to move the ball and lost it

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2tv5weh4 said:
How could they get it wrong even with instant replay?

It was pretty obvious (to me anyways), that McFumble made the catch, took a (FOOTBALL MOVE), saw K.J. Wright closing in for the hit, and tried to shift the ball to his left hand, away from the Defender, and FUMBLED the damned ball.
Pretty obvious the Referees made a corrupt decision eh?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Exittium":2dwodsno said:
jammerhawk":2dwodsno said:

They knew what it was. Hence they let our player run down for the TD.. The issue is they went full roont on that play. You know the commercial with the refs and open mic.. That was them today.

That was a different play. Cassel's arm was going forward.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Meh, our only TD clearly wasn't a TD. Should have been 1st and goal from about 4" out and likely a TD on the next play but non the less it was very clear Willson hadn't crossed the goal line before his but hit the ground.

Just shit officiating in general but really didn't favor a team.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1amm783b said:
TorontoHawk":1amm783b said:
That was not a catch, he never had control of the ball in his hands.

Have you tried watching with your eyes open yet? It will help.

He was moving the ball to secure it and it slipped out of his hands. Just my opinion. Just glad we won the game and it had no effect.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1bjyqwuh said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1bjyqwuh said:
TorontoHawk":1bjyqwuh said:

He was moving the ball to secure it and it slipped out of his hands. Just my opinion. Just glad we won the game and it had no effect.

Your opinion is wrong. I know this because he had it secured while taking three steps, turning upfield, and attempting to put the ball in his sideline arm.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":tnwzjlw3 said:
TorontoHawk":tnwzjlw3 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":tnwzjlw3 said:
TorontoHawk":tnwzjlw3 said:

Your opinion is wrong. I know this because he had it secured while taking three steps, turning upfield, and attempting to put the ball in his sideline arm.

I disagree, did not look like a catch to me, lost the ball trying to secure it in his left hand, did not think he was turning up field. The call was correct and we won the game so that is all that matters. Don't get you short in a bunch because someone does not agree with you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I knew it was getting overturned the second I saw it on Jerry's giant tv. He never secured that ball. KJ Wright was about to bend him like a taco and he knew it.