John Clayton-Russell Wilson is Worth the Price

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Promptly and methodically, Wilson drove the Seahawks 79 yards in 17 plays to set up the game-winning field goal with 66 seconds remaining in regulation.

Once again, late in the game his legs became the difference, that perfect weapon against a tired defense. It was the 16th game-winning drive of his career. It was the 11th fourth-quarter comeback. Yes, this is a team, and the record is not a quarterback's to claim for himself, but the victory gave Wilson a 40-16 career regular-season record.

In the playoffs, he has a 6-2 record and was just one yard short of a second Super Bowl win."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14035 ... t-lock-nfl

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Russell Wilson allows us to go cheap on the O-line and focus mostly on run-blocking due to his ability to buy time with his legs. I'd say that's incredibly valuable. Maybe even more so than what we're paying him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He's certainly worth every penny that comes directly out of MY pocket. :D

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Since we watch him every week -- it's easy to pick on his *ahem* shortcomings.

But look around the NFL and the state of QBs. We are damn fortunate to have this guy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's more than worth it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1l0pvqcu said:
Russell Wilson allows us to go cheap on the O-line and focus mostly on run-blocking due to his ability to buy time with his legs. I'd say that's incredibly valuable. Maybe even more so than what we're paying him.

And go cheap at WR as well

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'll be interested in how much time he can buy with his feet when we play Arizona. They love to stack the box and bring more than we can block.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2t11skwr said:
Since we watch him every week -- it's easy to pick on his *ahem* shortcomings.

But look around the NFL and the state of QBs. We are damn fortunate to have this guy.
Spot on post.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Now if he could just turn those 3s into 6s....

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Meh, I've seen the likes of Foles, Dalton and Newton do it too against the Hawks, except they all scored TDs. Russell needs to start performing in the red zone and see the open WRs to really start earning that contract

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2my1g9oc said:
Meh, I've seen the likes of Foles, Dalton and Newton do it too against the Hawks, except they all scored TDs. Russell needs to start performing in the red zone and see the open WRs to really start earning that contract
Nope, He's already "Earning It".
Do you also wish that Marshawn Lynch was as money in the "Red Zone" as Shaun Alexander? :stirthepot:
Oh Wait!, Lynch doesn't have the All World O-Line that Alexander had, hmm, come to think of it, Russell Wilson can't bank on much Pass Protection either.
By the way, the closer they get to the Goal Line, the more condensed & constricted the field the easier the pass play coverage is for the Defense..... THAT'S where having a good O-Line push for the RB is needed.