Walk thrus

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
As I am reviewing my copy of the game on DVD....a question comes to mind. I know that the teams wander on the field for pre game warmups. Do they do a pregame walk thru before that day or before the day of the game if it is on Monday or Thursday? Seem to recall that if there are a couple of games in the eastern seaboard that they take a practice facility and stay over there for that tweener week. Seemed easier for them to adapt to the game easier that way. Reason I ask is I am seeing a lot of rubber flying when ADB got passed to. Curious if they need to find out if they need to change cleats or not as well. Probably only takes a walk thru, But I dont know.

Go hawks.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I've never heard of opponents having a walk thru at the NFL stadium they are playing at. I could be wrong there, but most the time it's at a local high school or some other city field. I've even heard walk-thru's being done at the hotel meeting rooms if they are big enough lol.

Regarding the cleat sizes, I'd think unless the field conditions are crappier than usual that day (either from wear and tear or bad weather) the team has a pretty good idea what cleats to use.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for the Response. I finished watching the game on dvd. I obviously did not do the right thing and set it up for another 10 minutes. I missed the end part of the game from around one minute to go. Lost the last bit but think I saw the field goal. Oh well....at least we got the win. Life goes on.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Back in 2002 my sons YMCA football league held it's playoffs at the old Texas Stadium on a Saturday.

Cowboys were playing Hawks the next day (E. Smith set the rushing record that day, I believe Dilfer hurt his ankle).

We were told that we would have to exit the field when the Hawks arrived for their walk thru. We were about 4 minutes from our halftime when the Hawk players came out. Holmgren came out and told us to get to halftime, then clear the field. The Hawk players watched until half getting a kick out of watching 10 year olds play and when we were leaving the field, our players were able to get autographs.

Initially we were told we wouldn't be able to watch, but Holmgren allowed us to sit in the stands during walk thru. They went through about 15-20 plays, going in each direction, special teams worked a few plays going both directions, then they were done.

I would assume that is still what is done on the day prior.

:th2thumbs: