Odds on Bevell to the Titans?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Saw his name mentioned on ESPN as a possible coach for the Titans. I'm assuming it won't happen, but if you were to, say, place a wager that he would get it. What kind of odds would you need?

I'm thinking probably at least 100 to 1, if not more. Bevell hate aside, I think his time was a year or two ago and it didn't happen. I don't see him getting another bite at the apple. His best chance is probably as a college head coach.

drdiags

Reaction score
He may get a look, since he showed he can work with a young QB and get him to be a difference maker early in his career. The Titans have to find a coach that will allow Mariotta to succeed since they have invested in Locker and now him, after Vince didn't pan out.

I give him a 20% chance just to do a WAG

Basis4day

Reaction score
Not going to happen unless their is improvement to the overall offensive production. Titans might be intrigued by an offense that worked with Russell Wilson because of Mariota's skill set.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
His shot at a job was after 2012 when Wilson was a breakout star and the Seahawks Offense was rolling.

bandiger

Reaction score
I hope but he's in the same realm or below the interim coach Mularkey.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
zilch...he will be back here next year...If Pete gets fired Bevell will go to...only way it happens.

djb28

Reaction score
What we need here is Positive energy for a change. If we all can come together and send positive vibes to the thought of this, The powers that be :2: just might make it so!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1xysw9wk said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

Should this even take place....Paul Allen should immediately show John Schneider the exit door.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm maybe with a coaching gig possible he will get smarter and we will start to look like a Pro Offense again.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The irony is that if instead of trying to showcase Wilson to try to give him the gamewinning MVP type of throw to turn him into the SuperBowl star...they hand the ball to Lynch ( or even Turbin!), they almost assuredly score the touchdown.

Then the following happens:

Russell Wilson, after having won 2 SBs becomes the darling of Madison avenue and the new "it" athlete. He would be getting endorsements from everyone, as I remember reading trade publications pointing out that Madison avenue was looking at Wilson as being the new rising star for the NFL, the projected to be the #1 face because of appeal to both genders, multi-racial appeal and his "clean" image.

Instead, Wilson throws the INT and later torpedoed his own endorsement options, scaring off marketers who in no way are going to put their brand next to a guy that says God talks to him after the SB. (Though maybe a cell company could use that for a commercial)?

And Bevell would ABSOLUTELY have gotten a job as the "genius" OC behind a team with 2 SB victories. Instead Bevell presides over a team where his offensive ranking is ...offensive.

That one play and suddenly Wilson is making 5M+ extra in endorsements , Bevell is gone, Seahawk branding becomes even more ubiquitous and the entire preseason half the fanbase starts expecting the team to go undefeated this season.

I don't see how with Bevell being the nearest thing to a scapegoat for all our offensive woes (which I think he is a certainly a contributor to..) that Bevell ends up with HC position. Although, much as I dislike how he projects himself - he must make people like him because you never hear the players openly ripping him (Marshawn excluded). Maybe he is a crappy coordinator but might make a good coach, no idea. He seems to be able to make people follow him he just outthinks himself constantly.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":277l8tgq said:
You need to get a new shtick my friend. It is getting boring.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Better odds that Bevell is coaching at Bellevue High School.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":182ie6i7 said:

FGi3N4.gif

marko358

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":29zf1x6m said:

Are you straight up trolling people now? Isn't that against forum rules?