Frank Clark question

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pete mentioned in his Monday press conf that he'd like to see Frank closer to the 50% mark on defensive snaps (currently playing around 20).

How has he looked and who has he been rotating in for?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Laloosh":2r6s995t said:
Pete mentioned in his Monday press conf that he'd like to see Frank closer to the 50% mark on defensive snaps (currently playing around 20).

How has he looked and who has he been rotating in for?

He's been mainly just coming in on passing downs, so he'd be subbing in for tackles.

I think he's flashed at times, but won't lie after he exploded in the preseason I thought he'd keep that rolling into the regular season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've noticed him being double teamed at times on passing downs. I think he's probably playing better than most realize but just missing out on the stuff that sticks out like sacks. Really think he makes a major impact as the year rolls on.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Earlier in the year, Pete kind of told fans to temper their enthusiasm, which I took to mean that Frank was not playing within the scheme.

Now he wants him to see half the snaps. Which means Frank is getting it.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
austinslater25":211jf04b said:
I've noticed him being double teamed at times on passing downs. I think he's probably playing better than most realize but just missing out on the stuff that sticks out like sacks. Really think he makes a major impact as the year rolls on.

I noticed this too. Every time Clark's in a one on one battle, he's instantly in the backfield. Sometimes, he ends up chasing the play, but it's just a matter of time before the numbers start coming.

Anyone with PFF have the numbers on QB hits and hurries?

Largent80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3pd06rxm said:
Earlier in the year, Pete kind of told fans to temper their enthusiasm, which I took to mean that Frank was not playing within the scheme.

Scotte gets it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":2we325nw said:
Scottemojo":2we325nw said:

Scotte gets it.

He sure does. Excellent point.

I don't remember any sacks yet, but I've seen him move the QB off his spot. I've also seen him just blow up about 5 run plays that I can recall off the top of my head.

I'd like to see him get more reps before the playoffs. This kid could take over and be a major headache to opponents.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":iatb6nz0 said:

He played really well when he wasn't playing within the scheme then. :lol:

It'll be awesome to see his snap count increase the 2nd half of the season.

Tical21

Reaction score
The question I thought you were alluding to was which guy he is going to get snaps from. It seems to me that the guy with the lowest passing down snaps to pressures is probably Irvin. Could Frank be getting some of his third down snaps? Does he get them from the inside so Bennett stays outside? Maybe Clark gets some of Jordan Hill's snaps, and Irvin keeps his?

I personally hope the woman-beater doesn't do anything so we can get rid of his arse, but that might be a topic for a different day.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":1j4awx43 said:
I personally hope the woman-beater doesn't do anything so we can get rid of his arse, but that might be a topic for a different day.

Ummmm, really?