Why Russell Wilson Could Be the Seahawks... Downfall

Schadie001

Reaction score
So, I came across this article today. It is just another in a long line of idiots who knows nothing about the Seahawks or the way this team has been and is being put together. Even though we are SB champions, have made the SB two years in a row, we were basically one play away from winning twice. This guy still thinks that Wilson is overpaid, can't carry a team on his back and is the reason we have started 4-4. He also thinks our "mini dynasty" is over basically because of Wilson.

I for one don't think we would have made one let alone two SB's if Matt Flynn or any other QB would have been our QB. Wilson's ability to move, throw on the move and run if needed is a huge reason we have done so well. Losing Max did hurt (I believe in the short term) but Wilson has never had a great or even above average Oline, and we have still gotten it down because of Wilson's dynamic play. I think what is lost by so many is that our running game is directly tied to Wilson's ability to scramble and make huge plays. We could very easily be 8-0 or 7-1 at this point if we could have executed on offense and defense in the 4th quarter. But it is what it is, I guess people forget we started the season pretty terribly last year too. Never the less if you have some time to waist and want to get fired up read this.

His best line in the article was "Their special teams took a hit when punt and kick returner Ricardo Lockette was lost for the season, but remain as one of the league’s best units despite his absence." Last I checked that would be Tyler Locket who has punt and kicker return duty not Ricardo. This was clue one that this tool knows nothing about our team.

Enjoy... http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-why-russell-wilson-could-be-the-seahawks-downfall.html/

Laloosh

Reaction score
I wonder how many people have clicked the "sign up here" link.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I for one worry about Russell Wilson's long term future due to the fine journalistic analysis by "Cheatsheet.com".

pmedic920

Reaction score
The best way to deal with an article like that is, DO NOT CLICK the link.
Think of your click as a vote in favor, or better yet a dollar out of your pocket.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Basis4day":vir8lury said:
I for one worry about Russell Wilson's long term future due to the fine journalistic analysis by "Cheatsheet.com".

He probably thinks the Hawks are trying to get their money's worth from Wilson by also playing him at tight end (Willson).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think I can do this in emoticons.....

:baityes: :escape:

Anthony!

Reaction score
yeah that was journalism at its stupidest. I mean has he even watched a game. Pretty stupid article that has no facts to support anything that was said.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Schadie001":2s2gsv9q said:
His best line in the article was "Their special teams took a hit when punt and kick returner Ricardo Lockette was lost for the season, but remain as one of the league’s best units despite his absence." Last I checked that would be Tyler Locket who has punt and kicker return duty not Ricardo. This was clue one that this tool knows nothing about our team.
To be fair, Lockette is the premier gunner in the league. Special teams isn't only about returning punts and kicks; you also have to cover them. We do take a hit from his absence, and we do remain one of the most effective coverage units in the league in spite of it.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with this particular statement by the author, and in fact I agree with it entirely.

JYagIzT

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":a4vvivdo said:
Schadie001":a4vvivdo said:
To be fair, Lockette is the premier gunner in the league. Special teams isn't only about returning punts and kicks; you also have to cover them. We do take a hit from his absence, and we do remain one of the most effective coverage units in the league in spite of it.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with this particular statement by the author, and in fact I agree with it entirely.
Lockette has had more knucklehead plays in two years than I have seen from any other Seahawk in their whole career.

I, for one, won't miss him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1i9a3dfi said:
KiwiHawk":1i9a3dfi said:
Schadie001":1i9a3dfi said:

Lockette has had more knucklehead plays in two years than I have seen from any other Seahawk in their whole career.

I, for one, won't miss him.
He's made more productive plays. His absence will be a void that the next man up will have to fill

Chapow

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2iulvwdy said:
Schadie001":2iulvwdy said:

JYagIzT

You don't? I see something glaringly wrong with it. Look at the statement again. Ricardo Lockette is a very good gunner, but he is not our punt and kick returner.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Excellent article. It's too bad that so many posters on here can't actually read any dissenting piece without getting butt hurt. Our offense has gone from a run based offense to a passing one. In our 4 wins this year the defense hasn't given up a touchdown but in our 4 losses, we have won the turnover battle and lost all of them. So what is the quantifiable factor? Russell Wilson. Our receiving crew is the best it has ever been and our oline is doing a decent job of protecting Wilson (first time since 2012 an opposing team didn't register a sack). So basically the defense has had to shut the opponents out of the endzone to win and yet, if Wilson moves the ball with any consistency in the 4th quarter we win 3 of the 4 games we loss. The writer says that Wilson is a top ten quarterback but most people who criticized this article can't handle objective dissent and are to weak to read anything that diminishes their hero. Our defense has choked down the stretch but have gotten no help from our sorry O in spite of the fact we have veterans all across the skill positions.

Common sense isn't very common on this board!!! :34853_doh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3awd98ts said:
Excellent article. It's too bad that so many posters on here can't actually read any dissenting piece without getting butt hurt. Our offense has gone from a run based offense to a passing one. In our 4 wins this year the defense hasn't given up a touchdown but in our 4 losses, we have won the turnover battle and lost all of them. So what is the quantifiable factor? Russell Wilson. Our receiving crew is the best it has ever been and our oline is doing a decent job of protecting Wilson (first time since 2012 an opposing team didn't register a sack). So basically the defense has had to shut the opponents out of the endzone to win and yet, if Wilson moves the ball with any consistency in the 4th quarter we win 3 of the 4 games we loss. The writer says that Wilson is a top ten quarterback but most people who criticized this article can't handle objective dissent and are to weak to read anything that diminishes their hero. Our defense has choked down the stretch but have gotten no help from our sorry O in spite of the fact we have veterans all across the skill positions.

Common sense isn't very common on this board!!! :34853_doh:
I appreciate what you're saying, but how in the world can you claim that the offensive line has been doing a good job protecting Russ? That's not true at all. Sure it has shown imjprovement as we've gone along, but in my opinion, having new players at three spots has hindered us the most.
But through all that adversity, I think Russ will be a more versatile QB with more tools at his disposal going forward. I think in the second half of the season, the run-option and running game will be back up to speed and we'll revert somewhat back to what's been successful in the past.
Throw in an improved secondary, especially with the pending return of Lane, and I see nothing but positives ahead.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the worst O Lines in football, period.
It's reality, the O Line Sucks, and it flat out has an impact on how he plays. Heck yes he can play better, but so can a huge portion of this team.

xgeoff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2r08kxna said:
One of the worst O Lines in football, period.
It's reality, the O Line Sucks, and it flat out has an impact on how he plays. Heck yes he can play better, but so can a huge portion of this team.

Yes, in fact my biggest concern is that the poor play of the O-line will permanently affect Russ' willingness to stand in the pocket. Playing behind a poor offensive line in Houston, in my opinion, ruined David Carr. After playing behind that line for a couple years he was no longer able to stand comfortably in the pocket.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trying to make him a pocket passer, which isn't his strong suit, is just plain dumb. Especially behind a swiss cheese line.