I need to meet marshawn.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cool story, yeah I would not spend 500 dollars on a pair of shoes out of my pocket, but it wasn't my pocket, Lynch did a nice thing to a kid that he bonded with, the kid went and bought them since that's what Lynch gave him the money for.

Reading all the comments on that article it's hard to understand the hate and the ridicule of the kid and Lynch. The kid has a memory of a lifetime, I would also think Lynch probably will follow up with the kid at some point being he gave him the money to see how his dream is coming, made a friend in the process.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":1u627f3e said:
Cool story, yeah I would not spend 500 dollars on a pair of shoes out of my pocket, but it wasn't my pocket, Lynch did a nice thing to a kid that he bonded with, the kid went and bought them since that's what Lynch gave him the money for.

Reading all the comments on that article it's hard to understand the hate and the ridicule of the kid and Lynch. The kid has a memory of a lifetime, I would also think Lynch probably will follow up with the kid at some point being he gave him the money to see how his dream is coming, made a friend in the process.

My only criticism. Is that those shoes look pretty darn plain and ugly for $800.

Rocket

Reaction score
If you meet him don't talk about his shoes... talk about his Lambo and his house.
Just sayin'...

Rocket

Reaction score
chris98251":5br7dneb said:
Cool story, yeah I would not spend 500 dollars on a pair of shoes out of my pocket, but it wasn't my pocket,
Once the money changed hands the kid had an extra $500... if I were given a gift like that it would go for much more than a single pair of ridiculously expensive shoes, doe-skin or not.

Besides, the PETA a$$holes would probably beat you up for wearing doe-skin.

If someone handed me just enough to buy a Lambo, I sure wouldn't be buyin' no Lambo with it... I'd be paying down debt and maybe be buyin' a new(er) truck.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rocket":2vjzumcq said:
chris98251":2vjzumcq said:
Cool story, yeah I would not spend 500 dollars on a pair of shoes out of my pocket, but it wasn't my pocket,
Once the money changed hands the kid had an extra $500... if I were given a gift like that it would go for much more than a single pair of ridiculously expensive shoes, doe-skin or not.

Besides, the PETA a$$holes would probably beat you up for wearing doe-skin.

If someone handed me just enough to buy a Lambo, I sure wouldn't be buyin' no Lambo with it... I'd be paying down debt and maybe be buyin' a new(er) truck.

Yeah at 17 that would be the first thing you would do :)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marshawn obviously saw a little of himself in this kid. It was a nice gesture. I just wish he had given him better advice about how to save that money for his education so that maybe someday he could develop the business acumen, connections, and credit to eventually own his own business. 17 years old is a critical juncture in a young person's life. That money could have possibly gone toward an SAT class or toward books and other expenses at a junior college. Not everyone can go to Cal on a football scholarship . . . not everyone should spend $500 on a pair of sneakers. But hopefully it inspires him in some way to pursue his dreams with the same tenacity that Marshawn brings on the football field.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cool story. Shoes are a big deal for a lot of people. I used to spend a lot of money on boots for work. I see people at my current job with several pairs of shoes under their desk. I have some sandals under mine for when my feet get hot.

But $800 is too rich for my blood. I could kill and eat a doe, then sew up my own "kicks."

Here's a great link from that story: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/29/7 ... ction-boss

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Marshawn is a marketing genius. Now I suppose he'll be in a Mickey D's commercial. Good for him.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Nice gesture.Sadly now 1/10 people who seem him are going to scream "Nice Shoes/Kicks/Js Beast!" in that half joking way that will probably get annoying by day 2.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ukr5pem said:
Cool story. Shoes are a big deal for a lot of people. I used to spend a lot of money on boots for work. I see people at my current job with several pairs of shoes under their desk. I have some sandals under mine for when my feet get hot.

But $800 is too rich for my blood. I could kill and eat a doe, then sew up my own "kicks."

Here's a great link from that story: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/29/7 ... ction-boss

Everyone has things they will spend money on that will make absolutely no sense to others.

Shoes - Some people will spend even THOUSANDS for a pair of shoes, and others will be absolutely fine buying K-mart brand shoes, they both protect your feet from the ground.

Cars - Some will spend $80k-$800k+ for a car and others will drive a $5k used Honda and they both get you from point A to B.

Toys - I'm guilty of this one. I have a toy collection where I have vinyl toys worth up to $1500 and no one in their right mind would spend more than $5 on it.

Seahawks - some people spend hundreds/thousands to go to a game, others rather watch it for free at home, you are both watching the same game. I'm also guilty of this one as a Season Ticket Holder.

Oh and if anyone gives me problems about any of the above (usually girls), same statement can be said again about designer shoes/purses/jackets/scarves/jeans/watches.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to meet Marshawn, just to say thanks and to let him know the league's punishment of him for not being interview fodder is BS and many are sympathetic to him in relation to that matter.

I don't want anything from him other than what he already gives me. What he does with his money is his business and frankly it was a singularly nice gesture to give the money to that kid to buy some way cool shoes.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":fs0gnrl7 said:
ivotuk":fs0gnrl7 said:

Everyone has things they will spend money on that will make absolutely no sense to others.

Shoes - Some people will spend even THOUSANDS for a pair of shoes, and others will be absolutely fine buying K-mart brand shoes, they both protect your feet from the ground.

Cars - Some will spend $80k-$800k+ for a car and others will drive a $5k used Honda and they both get you from point A to B.

Toys - I'm guilty of this one. I have a toy collection where I have vinyl toys worth up to $1500 and no one in their right mind would spend more than $5 on it.

Seahawks - some people spend hundreds/thousands to go to a game, others rather watch it for free at home, you are both watching the same game. I'm also guilty of this one as a Season Ticket Holder.

Oh and if anyone gives me problems about any of the above (usually girls), same statement can be said again about designer shoes/purses/jackets/scarves/jeans/watches.
What is a vinyl toy? It's not anything kinky, is it ;)

Greenhell

Reaction score
Rocket":bq7hbh6k said:
If you meet him don't talk about his shoes... talk about his Lambo and his house.
Just sayin'...

Or maybe some of the hot women he hangs around?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Marshawn, knowingly or unknowingly, just perpetuated the problem with today's youth. Yeah most people have dreams. This need to have things that rich people have. Ridiculously expensive clothes, electronics, rims, jewelery... Etc. it's all a trap and these kids don't even know it. Society has created a false need for dumb shit.

It was nice of Marshawn but let's not make it out like its something life changing.

AVL

Reaction score
The homeless ate cheeseburgers as he mopped in his doeskin shoes. Whatthehell?

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
You guys have issues . Its not a geo-socio political statement its a guy and a kid bonding over something . Its not MLs place to instill education values in the minor . Hes a football player, and a darned admirable one at that :thirishdrinkers: