Marshawn on injury report today, listed as questionable

ringless

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1o783os2 said:
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2846022/Seahawks-Marshawn-Lynch-listed-as-questionable-for-Arizona-game

NOT good news.
I'm afraid we've seen the best of Marshawn and that this is his last season.

At this point I don't believe this at all. He is going to play no questions about it. I think it's really just a game with the injury report.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marshawn is often at his best when he plays hurt. That is sometimes when he is at his most dangerous. Last time he faced Arizona, he was dealing with back spasms and still rushed for 113 and two TDs.

CourageousDangerousBagworm.gif

canfan

Reaction score
ringless":1awzcngj said:
hawksfansinceday1":1awzcngj said:
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2846022/Seahawks-Marshawn-Lynch-listed-as-questionable-for-Arizona-game

NOT good news.

At this point I don't believe this at all. He is going to play no questions about it. I think it's really just a game with the injury report.

That would be very unlike how Pete Carroll treats the injury report. I don't ever recall him playing games with it. I expect to not see Marshawn on Sunday.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
canfan":ppl49ihx said:
ringless":ppl49ihx said:
hawksfansinceday1":ppl49ihx said:

NOT good news.

That would be very unlike how Pete Carroll treats the injury report. I don't ever recall him playing games with it. I expect to not see Marshawn on Sunday.

Questionable (50-50) means it is a game-time decision. It does NOT mean Marshawn won't play.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
canfan":1mctzscj said:
ringless":1mctzscj said:
hawksfansinceday1":1mctzscj said:

NOT good news.

That would be very unlike how Pete Carroll treats the injury report. I don't ever recall him playing games with it.......
This. It's legit.

canfan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3jei1gz8 said:
canfan":3jei1gz8 said:
ringless":3jei1gz8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3jei1gz8 said:

NOT good news.

Questionable (50-50) means it is a game-time decision. It does NOT mean Marshawn won't play.

True, but my impression of the seahawks is that if they list a player as probable, he almost always plays. Once they are listed as questionable, they don't often seem to see the field. No stats to back that up, just the impression I have gotten from watching Pete operate the last 5 years.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/665290065942188032[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yacgx87m said:
Basis4day":yacgx87m said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/665290065942188032[/tweet]
Keeping my fingers crossed...............

We already have Blittzer. He worries so we don't have to.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
canfan":28pd0f2v said:
hawknation2015":28pd0f2v said:

True, but my impression of the seahawks is that if they list a player as probable, he almost always plays. Once they are listed as questionable, they don't often seem to see the field. No stats to back that up, just the impression I have gotten from watching Pete operate the last 5 years.

Not necessarily. If a player does not practice during the Friday walk though, then he is usually listed as "questionable." That doesn't mean he won't play . . . it is literally 50-50. And in really big games, like this one, those questionables tend to become tilted more toward probables. For example, Marshawn was listed as questionable before Week 6, but played.

Carroll did say he thought Marshawn would play on Sunday, despite not practicing today.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He just needs to throw up in a trash can, take two Skittles and he'll be ready to roll.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2015":183p9wop said:
canfan":183p9wop said:
hawknation2015":183p9wop said:

Not necessarily. If a player does not practice during the Friday walk though, then he is usually listed as "questionable." That doesn't mean he won't play . . . it is literally 50-50. And in really big games, like this one, those questionables tend to become tilted more toward probables.

Carroll did say he thought Marshawn would play on Sunday, despite not practicing today.

Pete tends to be very honest in his injury reports and explanations. When he doesn't want to talk about them he'll hush up and just say "wait and see etc with nothing definitive." Saying he's expecting him to play is a good sign.

Now if he ever says the word "legit" to describe and injury then you need to start freaking out and breaking things.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Basis4day":2t94tn20 said:
hawknation2015":2t94tn20 said:
canfan":2t94tn20 said:
hawknation2015":2t94tn20 said:

Not necessarily. If a player does not practice during the Friday walk though, then he is usually listed as "questionable." That doesn't mean he won't play . . . it is literally 50-50. And in really big games, like this one, those questionables tend to become tilted more toward probables.

Pete tends to be very honest in his injury reports and explanations. When he doesn't want to talk about them he'll hush up and just say "wait and see etc with nothing definitive." Saying he's expecting him to play is a good sign.

Now if he ever says the word "legit" to describe and injury then you need to start freaking out and breaking things.

^^^All true^^^

canfan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":b6uotf0a said:
canfan":b6uotf0a said:
hawknation2015":b6uotf0a said:

Not necessarily. If a player does not practice during the Friday walk though, then he is usually listed as "questionable." That doesn't mean he won't play . . . it is literally 50-50. And in really big games, like this one, those questionables tend to become tilted more toward probables. For example, Marshawn was listed as questionable before Week 6, but played.

And that is good news! Very happy to be wrong about this

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it's really in question if this is Lynch's final year is it?

He's made it pretty clear over the past two off seasons that he was ready to retire but some extra cash and the lure of a second ring has kept him here for one more year. The dude is a warrior but even warrior's bodies break down after years of balling out and I believe we are seeing the years catch up to him this season.

Had they handed the ball to him and we won on his 1-yard TD in XLIX to cement back-to-back championships there is NO doubt to me that he would have hung up the cleats for good.

He'll play Sunday. He'll ball Sunday. It's all he knows, but what else he knows is his body is beginning to break down.