Sit 'Em: Russell Wilson against Cardinals

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching Inside The NFL tonight (had it recorded from Tuesday, just now getting to it) and on the ticker bar on the bottom for NFL Fantasy players it said "Sit 'Em: Russell Wilson against Cardinals"...

Russ, I hope you saw that and I hope it lights a fire in you for Sunday. We need a big time game from you buddy.

Crizilla

Reaction score
yes we do.

we wil find out on sunday if the team has what it takes to get back to the owl

Seafan

Reaction score
I've been saying this all season. Russ hasn't been Russ. It's time for him to step up his game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":2bwntqi8 said:
I've been saying this all season. Russ hasn't been Russ. It's time for him to step up his game.

Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories. Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He's been a huge bust as a fantasy QB this year and this is a terrible fantasy matchup. Smart play is to bench him for sure if you have a halfway decent alternative.

AVL

Reaction score
Is there no fictitious football forum?

IrishNW

Reaction score
Anthony!":36qf1xps said:
Seafan":36qf1xps said:

Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories. Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

Wilson can't stand in the pocket and make quick throws to help out the offensive line. He limits what we can do offensively

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just deleted a long post because it won't change any opinions but the anti Wilson angle on this board is out of hand. I can't even begin to understand how someone can watch the games and think all of the line problems are on Wilson. It's a near impossibility.

Speaking of quick throws to help the line.....did you watch the Dallas game?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":2l6kx919 said:
Seafan":2l6kx919 said:

There are liars, damn liars, and then there are statisticians.

Russell's numbers are way over inflated. We move the ball up and down the field between the 20's reasonably well but we are by far the worst in the league in red zone efficiency. I could care less what his career numbers are. His job is to win games, and to do that, he needs to be scoring points, not racking up worthless yards and completion percentages.

Especially in today's NFL, the quarterback position is the most influential on the field. No other position comes close. It is an inescapable truth that when the quarterback fails, the offense fails, and vise versa.

Now don't interpret that as me throwing Russell under the bus or not acknowledging other issues with our offense, specifically the offensive line, which sucks big time, and I still think that Russell is the best quarterback for our team that currently exists in the league.

But you're in huge denial if you think that Russell's issues are "near the last" in order of importance to our problems or what needs to change if we are to succeed.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'm a big RW fan, but I agree he hasn't been the "Russ" I have seen the last 3 seasons. I don't expect perfection, but something feels off this season. I think it is a combination of a lot of factors, but if he lays an egg Sunday night, I will officially launch the #DumpCiara campaign. ;-)

rideaducati

Reaction score
idahohawk":pkqoqt9b said:
I'm a big RW fan, but I agree he hasn't been the "Russ" I have seen the last 3 seasons. I don't expect perfection, but something feels off this season. I think it is a combination of a lot of factors, but if he lays an egg Sunday night, I will officially l launch the #DumpCiara campaign. ;-)

Maybe Russell should just use slick Willy Clinton's definition of sexual relations and get some.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I am starting Cousins over Wilson on one of my teams this week...Seattle hopefully wins but don't think fantasy wise Wilson is a very good choice at all moving fwd. #fantasykiller

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":5sptad2c said:
I am starting Cousins over Wilson on one of my teams this week...Seattle hopefully wins but don't think fantasy wise Wilson is a very good choice at all moving fwd. #fantasykiller

I don't get this line of thinking. I have only benched RW in my 2 leagues during the bye week. To me though, FF is something that is fun and playing as such. To each their own though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
austinslater25":ialisoxn said:
I just deleted a long post because it won't change any opinions but the anti Wilson angle on this board is out of hand. I can't even begin to understand how someone can watch the games and think all of the line problems are on Wilson. It's a near impossibility.

Speaking of quick throws to help the line.....did you watch the Dallas game?
Good points Austin!

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":3jrtz10l said:
Anthony!":3jrtz10l said:
Seafan":3jrtz10l said:

Wilson can't stand in the pocket and make quick throws to help out the offensive line. He limits what we can do offensively

yet he has done that exact thing, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":1q0pf1a9 said:
Anthony!":1q0pf1a9 said:
Seafan":1q0pf1a9 said:

Russell's numbers are way over inflated. We move the ball up and down the field between the 20's reasonably well but we are by far the worst in the league in red zone efficiency. I could care less what his career numbers are. His job is to win games, and to do that, he needs to be scoring points, not racking up worthless yards and completion percentages.

Especially in today's NFL, the quarterback position is the most influential on the field. No other position comes close. It is an inescapable truth that when the quarterback fails, the offense fails, and vise versa.

Now don't interpret that as me throwing Russell under the bus or not acknowledging other issues with our offense, specifically the offensive line, which sucks big time, and I still think that Russell is the best quarterback for our team that currently exists in the league.

But you're in huge denial if you think that Russell's issues are "near the last" in order of importance to our problems or what needs to change if we are to succeed.

And your in huge hate state if you think he is any place close to the top.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":14lxvc30 said:
I'm a big RW fan, but I agree he hasn't been the "Russ" I have seen the last 3 seasons. I don't expect perfection, but something feels off this season. I think it is a combination of a lot of factors, but if he lays an egg Sunday night, I will officially l launch the #DumpCiara campaign. ;-)
I think the reason he hasn't been the "Russ" from the last 3 seasons is that as he gets more and more acquainted with the bevel 'offense', he uses his own natural ability to improvise less and less. You are seeing what happens when a bevel 'offense' is executed properly. It was that way in Minnesota, it was that way in '11 when T-Jack was running the show (since he knew the offense from his time in Minne), and it's that way this year. Sux, but PC is loyal to his staff to a fault.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":2mvhu64t said:
RiverDog":2mvhu64t said:
Anthony!":2mvhu64t said:
Seafan":2mvhu64t said:

And your in huge hate state if you think he is any place close to the top.

Hate state? For someone that has consistently said that Russell is the best quarterback in the league for our team even after he's struggled in the first half of this season? You have a broad definition of the term "hate."

Russell's play is one of the primary reasons our offense is ineffective. I'm not going to rank them, but I would include his play, our offensive line play, and our lack of creativity (Bevell) in our play design/game plan as the top three reasons for our offensive woes and with it, the team's overall performance to this point in the season.