Game Safety

chris98251

Reaction score
So I imagine that security is going to be much tighter going forward once again, the Paris attacks, also did anyone see the story about the Drone that hit the Big Wheel in Seattle this week also?

On that Drone issue, they are small and are almost unable to be seen and heard till they are on top of a area, I wonder what new ways they are going to try to offset their availability, the law says your not suppose to fly in some area's, but these guys are exactly law biding people anyway. I don't know how much payload you could put on one but I would assume plenty to cause a issue.

With the amount of headlines and notoriety they received in Paris I think that they would have to be thinking of that same type of thing here given the hate they say they have for us.

Prayers for those in France also !

Chapow

Reaction score
chris98251":3lf0zccw said:
So I imagine that security is going to be much tighter going forward once again,

Are you talking about at Seahawks games or just in general? If you are talking about Seahawks games, how do you think they are going to make security much tighter? What more do you think they are going to do that they aren't already doing?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Chapow":19ao0glo said:
chris98251":19ao0glo said:
So I imagine that security is going to be much tighter going forward once again,

Are you talking about at Seahawks games or just in general? If you are talking about Seahawks games, how do you think they are going to make security much tighter? What more do you think they are going to do that they aren't already doing?

Both, as I said someone flew a drone into the Big Wheel Ferris wheel this week, we have a open air stadium, the Panthers game had people repelling in it. Security isn't as tight as you would think, we may have relaxed vigilance. I am more concerned about the ability to attack with Drones if you wanted to.

Other then having a Jamming or dampening field around the Stadiums of some sort, all them drones are remote control. But it would also have to be such that it doesn't interfere with other broadcasting devices, the Camera in the middle of the field on the guide wires is also remotely controlled and things like that, communications within the stadiums like headsets and security as well.

drdiags

Reaction score
The NFL is talking about expanding security to areas outside the stadium as well, such as the parking lots and/or most likely the tailgating areas. Plain-cloths detectives or creating a scanning area that extends around the area. That is the thing. They have state of the art or compliant with Homeland security for entering the stadium but a terrorist with a bomb strapped to him or herself just outside the stadium can do just as much damage.

I am sure the terrorists wanted to get into the soccer game to have a more dramatic visual for the world to see, but detonating outside the stadium would still serve a purpose for them.

The drone thing is something that the Feds are going to be thinking of how to control going forward. Cool technology but unfortunately already being used in ways that show they will be a problem. Amazon had talked about using them for delivery of product so one could easily carry a decent size payload depending on the rating of the drone.

Guess I won't get to see flying cars before my days are done here on this planet. Some joker would be using them to terrorize folks.

drdiags

Reaction score
I can agree with the idea of screw the terrorist. I have done my time and lived a good life. Plus growing up in Chicago was like living among terrorist so it is what it is. But you wonder about loved ones, who are just trying to start their lives. Nothing you can do to make them safe but terrorists thrive on the unstable environments their acts create.

Not sure what the end game is but that is for another forum.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
From the NFL:
In addition to our standard procedures described above, there will be an increased security and law enforcement presence both inside and outside stadiums in the parking lots of our stadiums this weekend. We have been in contact with clubs hosting games to reinforce our standard procedures and the league's best practices.
You can read the full statement here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lic-safety

253hawk

Reaction score
I love how quickly quad-copters with cameras became 'drones' as if to be synonymous with ordinance-carrying UAV's.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I remember after 9/11 sitting in seahawks stadiums and seeing some planes fly over head, pretty eerie feeling. It's always kind of in the back of my mind when at a big event like a seahawks game, but as rob said, can't let that change te way you live, or they win.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Apparently security stopped the terrorist with a vest outside the stadium ( in France). Probably why NFL is expanding security further out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Good topic.

Depending on how much money they want to spend, there's plenty they could do to enhance security beyond what they're doing now. They could do what they're doing at airports, and make everybody walk through a metal detector or XRay, empty your pockets, make you take your shoes off, bomb sniffing dogs, etc. Some of that would be a huge pain in the rear, though.

I would rather see more plain clothes policemen, military personnel active and retired, and others that are trained and qualified to carry concealed hand guns allowed to volunteer to carry a weapon with them into large events, perhaps even pay them to do so. Think how many lives would have been saved if even a small percentage of patrons at that Paris theatre would have been armed?

The only way we're going to defeat this threat is to make the soft targets harder, let us fight back instead of being slaughtered like animals. Enable the good guys. We out number the bad.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Went to a Boise state game and we had to go thru a metal detector. At the Dallas game, I had to empty my container. Tossed some stuff that I liked but had no place to leave it as I was in the wrong place by then. They used wands on us there and same thing to the game in San Diego. The wand is a metal detector.

pmedic920

Reaction score
They could fly a drone around in a stadium setting and release a couple ounces of Anthrax or some other biological agent.
There are many things that they could do in a stadium setting.
Security is not as strong as they would have you think.
Heck, we had a member sneak past security and enter AT&T in Dallas because his phone died and they couldn't scan his ticket.

Brilliant on his part.
But not very secure if you ask me.

RiverDog

Reaction score
pmedic920":56da3brh said:
They could fly a drone around in a stadium setting and release a couple ounces of Anthrax or some other biological agent.
There are many things that they could do in a stadium setting.
Security is not as strong as they would have you think.
Heck, we had a member sneak past security and enter AT&T in Dallas because his phone died and they couldn't scan his ticket.

Brilliant on his part.
But not very secure if you ask me.

Geez, I remember an incident shortly after 9/11 where they closed downtown Seattle for hours because a private plane was spotted flying over Safeco Field and emitted an unknown substance feared to be Anthrax. It turned out that some Mariners fan had died and his final wish was to be cremated and have his ashes spread over Safeco Field. Apparently the pilot had filed for and been granted permission to fly over Safeco before it became restricted airspace.

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm betting that the weight of a claymore or an equivalent home-built is less than the weight of a camera and it's associated battery weight in a high-end quad copter. Off goes the camera and battery, on goes something else.
If you were to send in a handful in a coordinated fashion... it'd be awful ugly.
Speaking of amendments, there is a youtube how-to for making the chemical used in the vests of the Paris terrorists.
Makes me shake my head pretty hard, but we are what we are.

pmedic920

Reaction score
bc4895658c3e3669403f4ef4d410e29f.jpg

f9af3b21048289a7ecc91d90d79458c5.jpg

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":388vy8za said:
Apparently security stopped the terrorist with a vest outside the stadium ( in France). Probably why NFL is expanding security further out.

Yep, espn reporting that the bomber had a ticket to the game, but the suicide belt was discovered on the pat down. Probably saved a lot of lives.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I say we all arm ourselves. The world would be a hell of a lot safer. Think of the lives saved if we ALL carried guns? Good, law-abiding citizens with the license to carry and not afraid to use it when needed most.

Since this is in the main forum I will end by saying that it is a great idea to beef up security at our game, and all games for obvious reasons. Leave your tailgating/bars a few minutes earlier than normal to account for the added security checks.

Round every terrorist member and sympathizer up into one huge group in some random remote desert and let me push the big red NUKE button PLEASE!!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":pw7y0l9j said:
I say we all arm ourselves. The world would be a hell of a lot safer. Think of the lives saved if we ALL carried guns? Good, law-abiding citizens with the license to carry and not afraid to use it when needed most.

Since this is in the main forum I will end by saying that it is a great idea to beef up security at our game, and all games for obvious reasons. Leave your tailgating/bars a few minutes earlier than normal to account for the added security checks.

Round every terrorist member and sympathizer up into one huge group in some random remote desert and let me push the big red NUKE button PLEASE!!!!

I'm not quite ready to go that far, ie arm everyone that can get a concealed weapons permit as those aren't that hard to get. But I absolutely do want to arm those that have undergone a rigorous certification process and background check from groups that would be difficult for a terrorist to infiltrate, such as policemen and military personnel, of which I am certain that there are hundreds that would attend things like Seahawks games and would be more than happy to carry a weapon to the game with them.

There also should be some technological advances, such as photo recognition, retina scans, etc, that could be used to separate out the millions of law abiding citizens from those with questionable backgrounds.

This is a good topic, and not unrelated to Seahawks football. Security is part of the game day experience, of which there's been scores of topics about. I'm glad you guys have kept it in the main forum.

Latest posts