Blame Bevell

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is pretty clear that the reason this team is struggling is because the offensive coordinator is incompetent.

It is also clear that since the team could not score repeatedly in the 3rd and 4th in important games, games where the defense eventually gave up leads with no help from the offense - the reason this team is not making the SB or likely even the playoffs is primarily the fault of Bevell.

Why?

Because in drives where Bevell is not involved, (like in hurry-up) the Seahawks repeatedly march down the field.

It is pretty clear that Bevell on this offense is like racing with restrictor plates or running a race while wearing a backpack filled with depleted uranium (your pick).

The first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging it.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seriously, when playing with any urgency it seems like they can get it done, or at least fake it long enough to get into FG range.

Just in pure scheme it doesn't look like we've run a 2 pt conversion, like ever - at least the 2nd one isn't DOA but it was still pretty bad.

rideaducati

Reaction score
This loss is 100% on Russell Wilson and his holding the ball too damn long in the first half. He didn't magically have more time in the second half, he started throwing the damn ball on time.

Go back and watch this garbage game again and count out the seconds when Russell takes the snap and when you get to two, Russell should be winding up to throw. He held the ball way too long again and again.

I guess I'll put some blame on the defense, but being on the field as long as they were because the offense did absolutely nothing for too long was the real culprit.

Polk738

Reaction score
penalties killed them tonight, I just don't understand how this team can't sustain drives- they were 2nd in the league in rushing coming into this game yet we CAN'T GET FIRST DOWNS! WTF??? We have a huge TE that is supposedly a matchup nightmare yet we still CAN'T GET FIRST DOWNS! ...ridiculous

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Haha, how foolish. Yeah, it was Bevell who had 3 drive killing penalties in the first half ... it was Bevell who told Jimmy to drop 2 big passes ... It was Bevell who instructed the offensive line to sieve it up again, putting Russ on the run.
I actually thought Bevell called a real good game. We just can't depend on our defense to make a stop at crunch time and that's killed us all year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ccrad32e said:
Haha, how foolish. Yeah, it was Bevell who had 3 drive killing penalties in the first half ... it was Bevell who told Jimmy to drop 2 big passes ... It was Bevell who instructed the offensive line to sieve it up again, putting Russ on the run.
I actually thought Bevell called a real good game. We just can't depend on our defense to make a stop at crunch time and that's killed us all year.

The offensive line gave Russell plenty of time. Russell just wouldn't throw the ball.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
This team is having a bad year. This year is pretty much done. If they play like this next year. Then our run is over.

And if bevel is here next year it's really over.

Teams have learned how to beat us. But our coaching is so stubborn they won't change.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
HawkinNY":20ohgnn6 said:
This team is having a bad year. This year is pretty much done. If they play like this next year. Then our run is over.

And if bevel is here next year it's really over.

Teams have learned how to beat us. But our coaching is so stubborn they won't change.
Totally agree. Especially the part about our coaching being stubborn...!!!

marko358

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":10ngjkgi said:
Why did you stop calling run plays when we were averaging close to 6 yards per rush? You were getting a little too cute with the pass game.

mikeak

Reaction score
rideaducati":1hbit6k8 said:
This loss is 100% on Russell Wilson and his holding the ball too damn long in the first half. He didn't magically have more time in the second half, he started throwing the damn ball on time.

Go back and watch this garbage game again and count out the seconds when Russell takes the snap and when you get to two, Russell should be winding up to throw. He held the ball way too long again and again.

I guess I'll put some blame on the defense, but being on the field as long as they were because the offense did absolutely nothing for too long was the real culprit.

If receivers are open I agree with you. If hey are not I disagree with you

You can't just say he should throw it in X secs.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Siouxhawk: Chris Collinsworth was a Pro Bowl level WR in the National Football League and he has continuously questioned Bevell's play calling including doing so several times tonight.

You on the other hand are some guy on a message board whose nearly sole purpose seems to be to defend the guy over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here, but I've decided he's right about the guy and you're wrong.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
marko358":2jr05753 said:
Siouxhawk":2jr05753 said:
Why did you stop calling run plays when we were averaging close to 6 yards per rush? You were getting a little too cute with the pass game.
Well it's not like the passing game wasn't working to Graham, Lockett and Baldwin. And I don't think the line did Marshawn any favors. He earned his yards tonight and was visibly upset when one of his long first down runs was called back because of a Britt holding penalty

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1sy9iu80 said:
Siouxhawk: Chris Collinsworth was a Pro Bowl level WR in the National Football League and he has continuously questioned Bevell's play calling including doing so several times tonight.

You on the other hand are some guy on a message board whose nearly sole purpose seems to be to defend the guy over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here, but I've decided he's right about the guy and you're wrong.
He was not 'continuously' questioning him. He's a color commentator. It's his job to opine

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":128xbnxz said:
hawksfansinceday1":128xbnxz said:

He was not 'continuously' questioning him. He's a color commentator. It's his job to opine
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said "several times tonight". But you're right about it being his job to opine and his "opine" is based on playing in the NFL at a high level so again, I'm going with his opinion and analysis over yours.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3rx2aqa8 said:
Siouxhawk":3rx2aqa8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3rx2aqa8 said:

Reading comprehension is your friend. I said "several times tonight". But you're right about it being his job to opine and his "opine" is based on playing in the NFL at a high level so again, I'm going with his opinion and analysis over yours.
Good for you. Have a cookie. But the offense wasn't nearly as culpable as the defense tonight in yielding that loss.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":bbakd6yg said:
hawksfansinceday1":bbakd6yg said:
Siouxhawk":bbakd6yg said:
hawksfansinceday1":bbakd6yg said:

Good for you. Have a cookie. But the offense wasn't nearly as culpable as the defense tonight in yielding that loss.
Now you're attempting to deflect because you have no leg to stand on. This thread isn't about the defense. There are plenty of those on the boards right now. Time to quit while you're behind.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3u1chmy9 said:
No one is blaming Bevell for those things, knock off the phoney strawman arguments, it doesn't help your case.
If you want to say Bevell had a real good game, you are wrong, but that's your prerogative.

.....and I won't claim the defense is faultless because they are not, BUT if Bevell's offense could keep drives going and score more points I think you'd be pleasantly surprised and how quickly the defense improves.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3emg7jym said:
Siouxhawk":3emg7jym said:
hawksfansinceday1":3emg7jym said:

I am not CC's biggest fan, but he nailed it! I will take his opinion of this over unnamed Bevell apologists however.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36ra4jw7 said:
Siouxhawk":36ra4jw7 said:
No one is blaming Bevell for those things, knock off the phoney strawman arguments, it doesn't help your case.
If you want to say Bevell had a real good game, you are wrong, but that's your prerogative.

.....and I won't claim the defense is faultless because they are not, BUT if Bevell's offense could keep drives going and score more points I think you'd be pleasantly surprised and how quickly they improve.
I think if the line doesn't saddle us with a bunch of holding penalties and false starts that make 2nd and 25, we have a fighting chance. And pass protect woes did rear their ugly head again. But you're right, it was a collection of things tonight that led to the loss. But I sure thought we had them.