Russell Wilson is a glorified game manager

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Take off your Seahawks glasses and look at it without bias. Has he won a game when the opposing team scores 30 on us? The reason why we're 4-5 is because the defense isn't stopping teams to 14-15 points a game like two years ago.

Yes I am guilty of Bevell bashing but now I see clearly most of that have to do with Wilson not being able to execute it. Yes I am aware of the dumb playcall Bevell dials up but at the end of the day the QB has to execute and Wilson just doesn't do that.

Russell needs to stop being so overconfident with his legs because it's starting to show. That is why he is neglecting his wideouts and tightends. I'm starting to think he prefers to run more than pass at times, even if it 3rd and forever. It's obvious he's to blame for a lot of his sacks by not committing to the pocket, and it's obvious he can't see in the pocket. I am done defending Wilson until he proves me wrong.

+1 if you agree

-1 if you don't.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3dsl9chq said:
Take off your Seahawks glasses and look at it without bias. Has he won a game when the opposing team scores 30 on us? The reason why we're 4-5 is because the defense isn't stopping teams to 14-15 points a game like two years ago.

Yes I am guilty of Bevell bashing but a lot of that is due to Wilson. Also a lot of his sacks is due to him not trusting the pocket, Anyone who says he can see in the pocket is clearly bline if he can, he wouldn't be running to the side like that. I am done defending Wilson until he proves me wrong.

+1 if you agree

-1 if you don't.

+1

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He's off, it doesn't help that his O-Line and half his receivers are garbage.

King Dog

Reaction score
dopeboy206":11253pn4 said:

Yes I am guilty of Bevell bashing but a lot of that is due to Wilson. Also a lot of his sacks is due to him not trusting the pocket, Anyone who says he can see in the pocket is clearly bline if he can, he wouldn't be running to the side like that. I am done defending Wilson until he proves me wrong.

+1 if you agree

-1 if you don't.

Forget about 30. He's never won a game when an opposing team scored 24 against us.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't fair to rip Bevell when our passing game fails but give him no credit for the run game.

Over the past few years Bevell has had one of the most effective run games in the NFL. No, I am not going to credit Cable.

But the way Bevell is calling, it is clear the FO is trying to hand the keys to Wilson. And Wilson is just not capable of driving the team.

So is this Bevell's fault or is there a conscious effort to try and put more of the game in Wilson's hands?

(I still think Bevell is a bottom 10 OC but there is something going on that is making it harder, and I think the rush to crown Wilson has lost us at least 1 SB and now gutted this season)

davidonmi

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1hvznpzh said:
It isn't fair to rip Bevell when our passing game fails but give him no credit for the run game.

Over the past few years Bevell has had one of the most effective run games in the NFL. No, I am not going to credit Cable.

But the way Bevell is calling, it is clear the FO is trying to hand the keys to Wilson. And Wilson is just not capable of driving the team.

So is this Bevell's fault or is there a conscious effort to try and put more of the game in Wilson's hands?

(I still think Bevell is a bottom 10 OC but there is something going on that is making it harder, and I think the rush to crown Wilson has lost us at least 1 SB and now gutted this season)
I could produce a good run game with lynch and wilson in the backfield

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm souring on Wilson as well. With great paycheck comes great responsibility, and he's not putting the team on his shoulders and winning games. That comeback in Chicago a couple years ago is a very distant memory.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
kearly":1ua7xasa said:
This thread makes Hawk fans look bad.

So it's sad to share our opinion? So u prefer us to fake it and pretend like everything is good? My views doesn't represent every fan and I think it's sad you feel that. I am more sad we could of gain one game in the division not to mention other teams in the playoff picture also lost and we could of gained some ground there too.

mrkyle

Reaction score
if wilson doesnt make plays with his legs he cant play

wilsons game is pretty simple, scramble option, or deep heave that if it gets picked it a punt

Ambrose83

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":cx6k3hl2 said:

Take away Wilson's 800 yards last year and we go from 1st to 13th in rushing... maybe 400 of those were designed runs.. maybe

rcaido

Reaction score
This was a bad game for Wilson but its not like he had good opportunities w/ 1st & 20 for so many downs. Penalties killed any drives they had. Wilson was off in this game, they need to bring the read option back.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If it is indeed true that Wilson really wanted to be the highest paid QB, then his greed and hubris has caught up to him. He has a lot of work to do

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":vt96ajnt said:
I'm souring on Wilson as well. With great paycheck comes great responsibility, and he's not putting the team on his shoulders and winning games. That comeback in Chicago a couple years ago is a very distant memory.

Sorry, but this is such b*******t. When the opposing team is through our line before Lynch gets to the hand-off it really should be pretty clear the weakest link is this years Oline. Also see: pass protection.
It's just not there. Add to this a more porous D this year and we get ....this.

Regurgitating buzzwords of "putting the team on his shoulders and winning", etc-etc. isn't only comical, it just isn't accurate.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1u7lswil said:
kearly":1u7lswil said:
Agreed.

Look who's talking, man.

There's five threads each week saying much worst about our coaches. Five threads YOU are happy to participate in and encourage, but someone has a negative opinion about Russell and now you think it makes us look bad?

I guess I fail to see where one is acceptable and the other is not.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":11xf4hyb said:
Sports Hernia":11xf4hyb said:
kearly":11xf4hyb said:
Agreed.

Look who's talking, man.

There's five threads each week saying much worst about our coaches. Five threads YOU are happy to participate in and encourage, but someone has a negative opinion about Russell and now you think it makes us look bad?

I guess I fail to see where one is acceptable and the other is not.

Ehh, Kearly is the smart guy here. Nothing really passionate, negative or positive so most here won't touch his comments unless it's praise worthy. Surprised at the lack of dialogue for his post though. Must have hit a nerve.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":244md8lc said:
If it is indeed true that Wilson really wanted to be the highest paid QB, then his greed and hubris has caught up to him. He has a lot of work to do

Good thing he's only the 19th highest paid QB in the NFL. That's even after his new contract, so yeah....his greed is destroying this team. :roll:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I was pissed that we didn't use the read option in the first quarter. Wilson is off his game, but we also have to remember there were dropped passes and the refs were handing us ticky tacky calls that helped the other team sustain drives. The offense needs to go back to what had worked for them, the running game with Wilson running to create that threat, quit trying to make him be a pocket passer, let him play it his way.

Latest posts