Wilson and "The Pocket"

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that whenever Russell is in the shotgun he always takes an additional 3 step drop that puts him in (or intersects with) the natural rushing "arc" of the defensive ends pinching in on him?

Causes him to lose the extra second or two he needs to look down field which causes him to scramble which leads to O-line penalties. I think He/we do much better when he's up under center and goes to the quick passing game. Even the commentators mentioned it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
VegasSeaHawk":3kl9dwx4 said:
Has anyone noticed that whenever Russell is in the shotgun he always takes an additional 3 step drop that puts him in (or intersects with) the natural rushing "arc" of the defensive ends pinching in on him?

Causes him to lose the extra second or two he needs to look down field which causes him to scramble which leads to O-line penalties. I think He/we do much better when he's up under center and goes to the quick passing game. Even the commentators mentioned it.
Yes, I have noticed this. He takes an extra 3-5 step drop when he is in the shotgun, that makes life much harder on the offensive line.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Because he refuses to throw the ball, unless the receiver is WIDE open.
How do you get wide open in less than 2 seconds in the NFL?
RW needs to just release the ball on time and let his players make plays.
NO. Russell wants to make all the plays and be the HERO. I'm so sick of it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
offensive line is offensive every game.

RW had an offensive game.

peppersjap

Reaction score
His blocking was fine on the play he fumbled. He got happy feet and stepped up into the pocket right into his lineman and simply dropped the ball. He was fine if he had just stayed where he was and kept trying to find a receiver or got out of the pocket and thrown the ball away.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
VegasSeaHawk":2qoaj06g said:

He does it because he can't see, and he is trying to get further away from the line.