A football pipe dream: Sean Payton gets axed and...

kf3339

Reaction score
That would be something, but never happen here with PC in charge of the team. He will not have an OC who is that good on his staff. He wants the Bevel types who are Yes men.

Besides, Payton will get HC opportunities before even considering an OC job opening.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
That would be awesome. But won't happen. Pete likes Bevell (unfortunately)

OP
OP
W

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
kf3339":3ixrlj8b said:
That would be something, but never happen here with PC in charge of the team. He will not have an OC who is that good on his staff. He wants the Bevel types who are Yes men.

Besides, Payton will get HC opportunities before even considering an OC job opening.

I think you're right in that he would get another job as a HC, but good night he owes his success to Drew Brees. And he can spot talent. For heavens sake he was the guy that begged Bill Parcells to sign Romo as an UDFA. He even tried to trade for him when he got hired with the Saints before signing Brees.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Payton's ego is enormous. He would never be an OC.

Not to mention he will have plenty of HC opportunities. So yes, pipe dream.

Tical21

Reaction score
The second he comes available, he becomes the most sought coach on the planet. 0 chance that guy is ever a coordinator for another day in his life. The absolute perfect guy for the job lives in Seattle. However, Pete will never fire Bevell at this point in his career.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Someone needs to start a petition to fire bevel and send it to the owner. Maybe then things might change. It may not be 100% bevel's fault but the players hate the guy. When players family and friends publicly bash the guy they are really talking for the player.

seahawks08

Reaction score
HawkinNY":s8e9px68 said:
Someone needs to start a petition to fire bevel and send it to the owner. Maybe then things might change. It may not be 100% bevel's fault but the players hate the guy. When players family and friends publicly bash the guy they are really talking for the player.

I don' think we as fans should not tinker with what VP of football operations and the head coach Pete wants. I love what Pete does, he wants the low scoring games with defensive grind. There will never be a high octane OC who would want to come here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":3on6ia1g said:
The second he comes available, he becomes the most sought coach on the planet. 0 chance that guy is ever a coordinator for another day in his life. The absolute perfect guy for the job lives in Seattle. However, Pete will never fire Bevell at this point in his career.

Would that be Mike Holmgren you are alluding to by chance?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seymour":3173aybv said:
Tical21":3173aybv said:

No thank you on that.

Tical21

Reaction score
Bitter":swhsd7fu said:
Seymour":swhsd7fu said:
Tical21":swhsd7fu said:

No thank you on that.
I still don't think there is a better QB coach alive today. If you want Russell to master his craft and start playing the game in his brain rather than with just his tools, there wouldn't be anybody better.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2jae06g6 said:

"I really thought I have my mind made up until I saw that petition " - No One Ever

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Tical21":xa3jzuir said:
Bitter":xa3jzuir said:
Seymour":xa3jzuir said:
Tical21":xa3jzuir said:

No thank you on that.
I still don't think there is a better QB coach alive today. If you want Russell to master his craft and start playing the game in his brain rather than with just his tools, there wouldn't be anybody better.

For all his strength, and there are many, Holmgren is way too ridged in his ways. If he has all the right pieces for his system, he is nearly unstoppable. Otherwise he is in the Encyclopedias under Square Peg Round Hole.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Tical21":11aonkge said:
Agreed. Zero chance Payton would ever accept an OC role.