So I was wrong and our defense is not good.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":lsgsepi2 said:
Defensive Stats against teams with .500 or above records:

Record: 0-4
PPG: 30
Passing Yards: 303/gm
Rushing Yards: 122/gm

Defensive stats in 4 wins against Clausen, Stafford, Kaepernick, Cassel
PPG: 6
Passing Yards: 122/gm
Rushing Yards: 85/gm

That doesn't even include the disaster in the opener against the Rams.

Face it, this defense is a mirage. They feast on bottom dwellers and backup QB's, but have failed every time this year against the playoff caliber opponents. That's not how they played in 2014, and sure as hell not how they played when they won the Super Bowl.

That is vomit inducing. When the Seahawks aren't playing a backup QB or a lower tiered starter, the defense gets absolutely destroyed.

When we get a team's actual starting QB, we're 0-4, give up 30 points per game, and allow 425 yards of total offense.

I don't feel so bad about this season anymore. The offense and defense are horrific, but the D has been masked by the likes of bottom dwellers like Matt Cassel and Jimmy Clausen.

I can't remember a more underachieving team in all my years of following sports.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1wscte8j said:
Hasselbeck":1wscte8j said:
Defensive Stats against teams with .500 or above records:

Record: 0-4
PPG: 30
Passing Yards: 303/gm
Rushing Yards: 122/gm

Defensive stats in 4 wins against Clausen, Stafford, Kaepernick, Cassel
PPG: 6
Passing Yards: 122/gm
Rushing Yards: 85/gm

That doesn't even include the disaster in the opener against the Rams.

Face it, this defense is a mirage. They feast on bottom dwellers and backup QB's, but have failed every time this year against the playoff caliber opponents. That's not how they played in 2014, and sure as hell not how they played when they won the Super Bowl.

That is vomit inducing. When the Seahawks aren't playing a backup QB or a lower tiered starter, the defense gets absolutely destroyed.

When we get a team's actual starting QB, we're 0-4, give up 30 points per game, and allow 425 yards of total offense.

I don't feel so bad about this season anymore. The offense and defense are horrific, but the D has been masked by the likes of bottom dwellers like Matt Cassel and Jimmy Clausen.

I can't remember a more underachieving team in all my years of following sports.
They sure weren't consistent tonight.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Defense last few years = ELITE and possibly Historic

Defense this year = Good (not great or Elite). BUT since the offense also took a step back as well (more like two or three) and has forced this defense to now spend 3/4s of the game on the field. The defense went from good to mediocre, with the result being 4th quarter failures.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
ZagHawk":vbo2kuw1 said:

Defense this year = Good (not great or Elite). BUT since the offense also took a step back as well (more like two or three) and has forced this defense to now spend 3/4s of the game on the field. The defense went from good to mediocre, with the result being 4th quarter failures.

I wish I could call them good, but those numbers are so very telling. When they actually get the opposing team's best shot (namely their actual staring QB), they get absolutely lit up.

And the discipline is not there.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
ZagHawk":37jx95ge said:

I'm tough on the offense too but to say the defense is on the field three-fourths of the time is a huge exaggeration. Try roughly 54/46 compared to the offense.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Should have said not good right now/thus far. The talent is there, the execution is not.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Our defense gave up 39 points at home, that is not good at all.
They just seemed so unorganized/undisciplined at times.

Schadie001

Reaction score
What everyone is failing to take into consideration is that our offense was HORRIBLE in the first half. Our Defense had to play basically 25 minutes in the first half. They completely worn us out. By the 4th quarter our guys were spent. The D was the ONLY reason we were even in this game and it wasn't a complete blow out. Yes, Sherm had probably his worst game of the year, but the D line was getting some good pressure.

The real reason we lose and have lost all year is that we have THE WORST offensive line in the league. There is penetration on every single play. Lynch is constantly having to hop around guys who are blowing up our line. Wilson is always having to run through a maze of rushers. Our offense is pretty terrible and when you start 1 and 20+ on dam near every drive it just compounds it. They new we had to throw it, pinned their ears back and came.

This was not a defensive break down, it was a offense that sucked and worn our defense out.

marko358

Reaction score
At least the defense does what it's supposed to do against bad teams/QBs. The offense just sucks no matter who they play.